50 Most Annoying Things in NASCAR

Aug 1, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: BleacherReport

One of the things that comes with being a NASCAR fan is constantly being annoyed with the sport.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 14 of14
Blank

Big Stone Gap, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2011

Proabaly the most annoying thing about NASCAR is that many people classify it as a real SPORT...it is not!! NFL, MLB, NBA and NHL are "sports"...NASCAR is just driving! If people like it, hey great!! But please do not call it a "sport", just like CHEERLEADING is often called a sport, it is not...it is just an "activity", just like NASCAR is.
Barnabus

Katy, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2011

Blank wrote:
Proabaly the most annoying thing about NASCAR is that many people classify it as a real SPORT...it is not!! NFL, MLB, NBA and NHL are "sports"...NASCAR is just driving! If people like it, hey great!! But please do not call it a "sport", just like CHEERLEADING is often called a sport, it is not...it is just an "activity", just like NASCAR is.
And, why is NASCAR just an "activity" while NFL, MLB, NBA and NHL are "sports?" Seems to me what defines an activity as a sport is whether there is competition, a set of rules, a specified format of play and some form of scoring to determine a winner. All those things apply for NASCAR just as they apply for NFL, MLB, NBA and NHL, therefore NASCAR is a "sport."
acrim

Manhattan Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2011

A$$CAR is nothing more than an advertising scheme with large moving billboards masquerading as a "race"
WWE CRASHCAR 2011

Trumbull, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2011

Barnabus wrote:
<quoted text>
And, why is NASCAR just an "activity" while NFL, MLB, NBA and NHL are "sports?" Seems to me what defines an activity as a sport is whether there is competition, a set of rules, a specified format of play and some form of scoring to determine a winner. All those things apply for NASCAR just as they apply for NFL, MLB, NBA and NHL, therefore NASCAR is a "sport."
A big difference is NASCAR is not competitive as to who gets to compete. In real sports athletes earn their positions and playing time. In NASCAR if you can produce revenue because you have a fan base, a name, or you are "connected", you're in, and you have a job for life. Danica Patrick is a good example; she's not going to compete for a job in the big leagues. When NASCAR has a system of competitive tryouts, where the best performers are given a chance to replace the gridfillers, then maybe it can be classified as a real sport.
grimreaper

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2011

sportscasters that keep talking about dale jr.ithink people mostly feel sorry ,because he cant blame nobody.how long has it been.if he cant win with hendricks.he cant,win with nobody

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2011

Judged:

Brian France.
WWE CRASHCAR 2011

Florham Park, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2011

JohnnyDeppfan2 wrote:
Brian France.
Mike Helton
acrim

Manhattan Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2011

Judged:

John (Mr. Magoo) Darby
Custus Longarm

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2011

NASCAR Diversity Program:Some folks don't like it,leave them alone.
Yeppers

Katy, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2011

Judged:

NUMBER ONE "Most Annoying Thing In NASCAR" is...

The no-talent DALE EARNHARDT JR.
Lucinda

Brooksville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2011

Judged:

I'm tired of whiffing all the beer farts in the stands.

“Bull Ship”

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2011

rain.

“To contract new debts...”

Since: Apr 08

is not the way to pay old ones

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2011

Blank wrote:
I see it as just the opposite. The teams practice daily just like other sports, and many a NFL defensive lineman would be hard pressed to keep up with the workouts of Martin or Edwards. You wouldn't write it off to just driving around in circles if you were to ever strap yourself into one of those cars for a few laps. Drivers are subjected to g forces equal to that of a fighter pilot for hours at a time in 100 degree cockpits while driving within inches of eachother. The average driver loses 10 pounds or more during a 500 mile race.
WWE CRASHCAR 2011

Florham Park, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2011

Hunglo wrote:
<quoted text>
I see it as just the opposite. The teams practice daily just like other sports, and many a NFL defensive lineman would be hard pressed to keep up with the workouts of Martin or Edwards. You wouldn't write it off to just driving around in circles if you were to ever strap yourself into one of those cars for a few laps. Drivers are subjected to g forces equal to that of a fighter pilot for hours at a time in 100 degree cockpits while driving within inches of eachother. The average driver loses 10 pounds or more during a 500 mile race.
You've been watching too many of those dopey NASCAR shows.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 14 of14
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••