Thunderclouds hovering over NASCAR

Thunderclouds hovering over NASCAR

There are 1 comment on the Star Phoenix story from Apr 21, 2009, titled Thunderclouds hovering over NASCAR. In it, Star Phoenix reports that:

The field takes the green flag for the start of the the Daytona 500 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race at the Daytona International Speedway in Daytona Beach, Florida February 15, 2009.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Star Phoenix.

“**************** **”

Since: Dec 08

Mooresville, NC

#1 Apr 21, 2009
Double digit percentage declines in TV viewership compared to last year combined with double digit percentage declines in ticket sales compared to last year support Larry Mac and Steve's arguments. We're not talking about a problem that's due to a sick economy, this is a problem with the sport in general. Poor I racing and an abundance of cookie cutter mile and a half race tracks have made NASCAR stale.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Boston Reid Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NBC Sports Group's Formula One Continues Sunday Sep '15 Fart news 2
News Joey Logano leads every lap, wins Xfinity race ... (Apr '15) Apr '15 tom wingo 2
News Johnson goes for jackpot in Vegas (Mar '15) Mar '15 MrTinkerTrain24 3
News The Player: DP Customs' Racy 1200 Sportster (Jan '15) Jan '15 fastharryDOTcom 1
News The GOP plea: a Kansas, dona t screw it up for ... (Nov '14) Nov '14 vvalderama 1
News Tony Stewart case goes to grand jury (Sep '14) Sep '14 rayjr 1
News Gordon celebrates 20th anniversary of 1st victory (May '14) Aug '14 Whoyakidding 6
More from around the web