Hurray for Helio

Hurray for Helio

There are 19 comments on the Detroit Free Press story from Nov 24, 2007, titled Hurray for Helio. In it, Detroit Free Press reports that:

We like Helio Castroneves, the dancing driver, part Fred Astaire, part Spider-Man. We're not sold on Juan Pablo Montoya, perhaps more skilful at the wheel but no charmer like his Latin colleague. via Detroit Free Press

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Detroit Free Press.

Irish

Little Rock, AR

#1 Nov 29, 2007
How come Ashley Judd is in this picture of "Helio?" Could it be that it is a picture of Dario Franchitti and the Detroit Free Press doesn't know a flip about racing???

“"Racing Rules"”

Since: Dec 06

NHRA

#2 Nov 29, 2007
Irish wrote:
How come Ashley Judd is in this picture of "Helio?" Could it be that it is a picture of Dario Franchitti and the Detroit Free Press doesn't know a flip about racing???
That is Dario for sure and Ashley Judd,the press has a habit of combining the write title with the wrong picture,even tho they talk about Dario in the Article,it's not the Heading,lol
Whoyakidding

Raleigh, NC

#3 Nov 29, 2007
It appears my wife may have been correct when she said Helio and his dance partner looked as though they enjoyed each others company more than they should. I heard this morning she cut her boyfriend loose a few months back and Helio's girlfriend broke their engagement yesterday. Hmmm, coincedence or is the tango still going on?

“"Racing Rules"”

NHRA

#4 Nov 29, 2007
Whoyakidding wrote:
It appears my wife may have been correct when she said Helio and his dance partner looked as though they enjoyed each others company more than they should. I heard this morning she cut her boyfriend loose a few months back and Helio's girlfriend broke their engagement yesterday. Hmmm, coincedence or is the tango still going on?
Well tonight on that Access Hollywood and Extra at 2pm and 2:30pm my time will have the scoop on the breakup...NBC,I saw the advertisement this morning during the Today Show.We all knew that Gossip piece would emerge out! lol She is pretty young isn't she? Like 22 or 23 i think.
Junior Nation

United States

#5 Nov 29, 2007
mindy wrote:
<quoted text>Well tonight on that Access Hollywood and Extra at 2pm and 2:30pm my time will have the scoop on the breakup...NBC,I saw the advertisement this morning during the Today Show.We all knew that Gossip piece would emerge out! lol She is pretty young isn't she? Like 22 or 23 i think.
I believe only 19. The same type of rumors went around last year with her and Apolo. Non of them true.

Since: Aug 07

AOL

#6 Nov 29, 2007
Who is this man that wrote this article he's brilliant he loves Indy so I love him, he he! Yes definitely dario and Ashley but below in a tiny pic is Julianne and Helio!

AOL

#7 Nov 29, 2007
mindy wrote:
<quoted text>Well tonight on that Access Hollywood and Extra at 2pm and 2:30pm my time will have the scoop on the breakup...NBC,I saw the advertisement this morning during the Today Show.We all knew that Gossip piece would emerge out! lol She is pretty young isn't she? Like 22 or 23 i think.
My god Mindy Helio is a tabloids dream! I want him to say you'll have to tune into the Indy racing league to find out!

“"Racing Rules"”

NHRA

#8 Nov 29, 2007
Junior Nation wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe only 19. The same type of rumors went around last year with her and Apolo. Non of them true.
Oh wow,i didn't know she was that young! Yeah,i saw the interview about her and Apollo and she was saying they were only good friends! I know no matter what,they always have to have a rumor! Nobody else was linked to romance tho,guess because most are all married right? I didn't really watch the show but just a few times!
Dalesgirl

Cleveland, OH

#9 Nov 29, 2007
How old is Helio? Actually I was surprized he won, I thought Mel B and her partner had it lock up even tho Len said the one dance was to slutty.

Germantown, WI

#10 Nov 30, 2007
I think I heard that Helio is 32...or somewhere around that age.
Dalesgirl

United States

#11 Nov 30, 2007
Ja-j wrote:
I think I heard that Helio is 32...or somewhere around that age.
Well if that is the case then she is too young for him. I read that she denied that they were having an afair.
Dillinger

Miami, FL

#12 Dec 3, 2007
Irish wrote:
Irish, hi, how ya doing? I miss Nascar already. I finally went to my first race in Homestead, a Busch race. It was great. I wish Boris raced more often with Nascar. Anyway, have a wonderful Christmas if I don't talk to you before then!!
Dillinger

Miami, FL

#13 Dec 3, 2007
mindy wrote:
<quoted text>That is Dario for sure and Ashley Judd,the press has a habit of combining the write title with the wrong picture,even tho they talk about Dario in the Article,it's not the Heading,lol
That doesn't surprise me! I bet the press does that more often than we realize. Dah.
Vitor Pal

Brazil

#14 Dec 3, 2007
Helios whole family are important in brazil. People can borrow him but we want him back! Nice win!

AOL

#15 Dec 4, 2007
Vitor Pal wrote:
Helios whole family are important in brazil. People can borrow him but we want him back! Nice win!
Uh I think the farthest south that Helio is going is Miami!

“IN GOD WE TRUST”

Since: Jun 07

Raleigh

#16 Dec 5, 2007
Helio winning on Dancing with the Stars couldn't have done more for the IRL if they had scribed it themselves. I think it is great. It showed a side of a driver no one had even thought about before. The fact he was on the show drew my interest to watch and got me to be a fan of the show. The man has a great personality and seemed to have put extreme effort into it. I hope more drivers get the chance to be a part of things like this.
Helio rocks

Houston, TX

#17 Dec 5, 2007
Whoyakidding wrote:
Helio winning on Dancing with the Stars couldn't have done more for the IRL if they had scribed it themselves. I think it is great. It showed a side of a driver no one had even thought about before. The fact he was on the show drew my interest to watch and got me to be a fan of the show. The man has a great personality and seemed to have put extreme effort into it. I hope more drivers get the chance to be a part of things like this.
I'm a man too and I hate to admit it I watched it! He's a great personality.

AOL

#18 Dec 8, 2007
Whoyakidding wrote:
He hit the jackpot with that one that's for sure. At Indy the guy is always upbeat and ready to get it done, whatever it is. He's funny on the race scanner but always confident. They picked the best personality in the IRL for this. I hope he rides the fame train as long as he can, Indy loves the man! Well the ladies anyways.
Brilliant

AOL

#19 Dec 10, 2007
Lets go racing wrote:
<quoted text>He hit the jackpot with that one that's for sure. At Indy the guy is always upbeat and ready to get it done, whatever it is. He's funny on the race scanner but always confident. They picked the best personality in the IRL for this. I hope he rides the fame train as long as he can, Indy loves the man! Well the ladies anyways.
Oh yeah and his smile and dimples are amazing, I can't believe how little he is in person though.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Boris Said Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Tony Stewart wins first Daytona qualifying race (Feb '07) Aug '13 TERRY 15
New Boris Fan Site! (Oct '06) Aug '11 mea 46
News NNS: Said Wins Stunner (Aug '10) Aug '10 Joe Dennis Jr 1
News Said gets a narrow victory in Montreal (Aug '10) Aug '10 jjgb1 2
Finally!! (Aug '10) Aug '10 Jamie 1
News Tony Stewart, Boris Said tangle at Watkins Glen (Aug '10) Aug '10 Edd 1
News NASCAR prepares for new June race at Road America (Mar '10) Mar '10 kyb18 4
More from around the web