Yates to Replace Labonte With Darnell

Sep 1, 2009 Full story: Fox Philadelphia 13

Yates Racing is taking Bobby Labonte out of its No. 96 car for seven upcoming races because of sponsorship issues.

Full Story
crj38

Murfreesboro, TN

#1 Sep 1, 2009
What a crock. Although i like Darnell, this is wrong. To replace a legend like Labonte is stupid and ridiculous. Bobby Labonte will be in the RCR Ask.com/Jack Daniels Chevy next season replacing Casey Mears.
scb

Middle Island, NY

#2 Sep 1, 2009
crj38 i hope your right. I can't believe they took Bobby out of the car. You just don't treat someone as respected as him and past cup champion that way. I hope to see him with RCR next year and finally in some decent equipment.

“BOO!!! Ya'll!”

Since: Apr 07

Las Cruces, NM

#3 Sep 1, 2009
crj38 wrote:
What a crock. Although i like Darnell, this is wrong. To replace a legend like Labonte is stupid and ridiculous. Bobby Labonte will be in the RCR Ask.com/Jack Daniels Chevy next season replacing Casey Mears.
When the people that provide your sponsorship money want a different driver in the car for the races they are sponsoring, you make the switch or you don't race with their money! Don't take your aggressions out on Yates, it is the sponsor making the call!

“IN GOD WE TRUST”

Since: Jun 07

Raleigh

#4 Sep 1, 2009
I don't think Bobby will be at RCR next year but if for whatever reason Richard goes completely stupid and puts him in a car, don't expect it to do any better (and maybe not as good) as it has this year. The old saying "you're as good once as you ever were" is a lie. Father time slowly catches up with you and there comes a point when you simply can't do it like you use to. Mark Martin is the exception to the rule but you tell the grind is even getting to him. If he relaxed one millisecond with his physical regiment, he'd be in the same boat. Truthfully, I don't think Bobby will even have a full time ride anywhere next year. He doesn't have a sponsor that is dedicated to him so about the only thing he has to offer a team is his past championship provisional. Bobby is 45 years old and has seen the top of his mountain.
mojo

AOL

#5 Sep 1, 2009
mrbreeze wrote:
<quoted text>When the people that provide your sponsorship money want a different driver in the car for the races they are sponsoring, you make the switch or you don't race with their money! Don't take your aggressions out on Yates, it is the sponsor making the call!
Hmmm... how did you get to evansville blowhard?

“BOO!!! Ya'll!”

Las Cruces, NM

#6 Sep 1, 2009
mojo wrote:
<quoted text>Hmmm... how did you get to evansville blowhard?
What is it going to take to get you to stop posting your ignorant gibberish to me Lisa???

“BOO!!! Ya'll!”

Las Cruces, NM

#7 Sep 1, 2009
Whoyakidding wrote:
I don't think Bobby will be at RCR next year but if for whatever reason Richard goes completely stupid and puts him in a car, don't expect it to do any better (and maybe not as good) as it has this year. The old saying "you're as good once as you ever were" is a lie. Father time slowly catches up with you and there comes a point when you simply can't do it like you use to. Mark Martin is the exception to the rule but you tell the grind is even getting to him. If he relaxed one millisecond with his physical regiment, he'd be in the same boat. Truthfully, I don't think Bobby will even have a full time ride anywhere next year. He doesn't have a sponsor that is dedicated to him so about the only thing he has to offer a team is his past championship provisional. Bobby is 45 years old and has seen the top of his mountain.
WTF??? Friend of yours???

http://www.topix.com/forum/nascar/TGFUMRKRV3T...
You are all nuts

AOL

#8 Sep 1, 2009
mrbreeze wrote:
<quoted text>WTF??? Friend of yours???
Same troll. Go figure.

“IN GOD WE TRUST”

Raleigh

#9 Sep 2, 2009
mrbreeze wrote:
<quoted text>WTF??? Friend of yours???
I don't know what the hell happened there. I spotted it this morning. I posted that comment on this thread but it's on the other thread three times credited to three different people. I wish I was in Vegas.
crj38

Murfreesboro, TN

#11 Sep 2, 2009
Whoyakidding wrote:
Your kidding me right? If Paul Menard, Bobby's teammate was running not even great, but decent, and had Kyle Petty had been running good when they were Bobby's teammates, i'd agree, but it's the equipment. DAvid Gilliland, Elliott Sadler, Dale Jarrett, and everyone else that has been in Yates equipment the past five years and all have blown chunks in performance. Is Bobby as good as he was when he won his championship, absolutely not, but alot of people had thought Mark Martin and Jeff Burton was washed up and look at them now. I think if Bobby had taken that RCR ride, or if he goes there next year, which i believe he will, you will see a boost in how much you see Bobby up front.
cub134

Buffalo, TX

#12 Sep 2, 2009
I see Bobby winding up in Gibbs 4th car next year or maybe even a few races in 09. He has the past champion provisional and that's important to a new team. With great equipment he will make the chase in 2010.
hammer

Valliant, OK

#13 Sep 16, 2009
bobby was in car 71 but back in the 96 last week what up i thought he was for 7 rases

“IN GOD WE TRUST”

Raleigh

#14 Sep 16, 2009
Okay folks, line up, I'm here to piss you off. First, Paul Menard couldn't race his way out of a paper bag. Much like folks have said about Jr., if his last name wasn't Menard, he'd be working at the Diary Queen. John Menard, owner of Menard's home improvement empire is his father and fat cat sponsor. Kyle Petty, another of the drivers that had their last been Smith, he would never have seen the light of day in NASCAR. Jeff
Burton, 18th in points with 2 top fives for the year, WOW. That's a hell of a come back. Dale Jr., unless a mircle happens that gives him an understanding of the COT, has seen the top of his mountain but is still sellable because of his fan appeal. Bobby Lebonte is at the end of his full time career with a first class team. Get over it. JGR sent him down the road years ago for non-performance and absolutely nothing has improved for him since then. Jamie McMurray "may" get one more decent shot somewhere but he'd better do extra good with it or look for a future in the truck series or something. The whole point here is that if you can't bring the sponsorship money with you to pay yourself, you better be damn good and finishing up front on a regular basis.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bobby Labonte Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bobby Labonte's start streak to end at 704 (Jun '13) Oct '13 WHOYAKIDDING 11
Bobby Labonte streak set to end at 704 starts (Jun '13) Jun '13 Bill 1
Ill Labonte extends Texas streak before bowing out (Apr '13) Apr '13 TexasRaider 2
Kyle Busch avoids wrecks, races to first victor... (Jun '12) Jul '12 Carolyn 13
NASCAR Preview: Labonte and Elliot (Jan '12) Jan '12 Hello 1
Addington In, Grubb Out With Stewart (Nov '11) Dec '11 JohnnyDeppfan2 30
JTG Daugherty jackman won't miss race after bei... (Aug '11) Aug '11 CRJ 1

Bobby Labonte People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE