Bobby Labonte: Good or Bad? why?

Posted in the Bobby Labonte Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Hog

Cadott, WI

#1 Jul 2, 2006
Do you think that bobby labonte is good or bad?
mike g

Jasper, GA

#2 Jul 3, 2006
Hog wrote:
Bobby’s as good a driver as anyone on the circuit. Driving for Petty Enterprises is a bit of a handicap because of the limited funds available for his team. Research and development costs a lot of money that many of the other teams have. Even high costs of pit crew members affect the overall finish of his team, when bigger, stronger, or faster crew members naturally get the top money easily paid by the teams with big payrolls. The pit stops average faster and better times which give the driver of those teams an average better finish. But Bobby is a calculating driver who gets the very most out of the equipment that he has. You will not see him driving over his head and causing wrecks like many of the other drivers. He’s just a top notch driver as well a person of integrity.
Hog

Cadott, WI

#3 Jul 3, 2006
mike g wrote:
<quoted text>
Bobby’s as good a driver as anyone on the circuit. Driving for Petty Enterprises is a bit of a handicap because of the limited funds available for his team. Research and development costs a lot of money that many of the other teams have. Even high costs of pit crew members affect the overall finish of his team, when bigger, stronger, or faster crew members naturally get the top money easily paid by the teams with big payrolls. The pit stops average faster and better times which give the driver of those teams an average better finish. But Bobby is a calculating driver who gets the very most out of the equipment that he has. You will not see him driving over his head and causing wrecks like many of the other drivers. He’s just a top notch driver as well a person of integrity.
I agree, there's just too many things that can cause a problem to affect the running of a team.
Zeus

Tempe, AZ

#4 Jul 3, 2006
mike g wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with your assessment of Bobby Labonte. I was so pissed Saturday night after he was taken out by Jimmie Johnson. I think he could have easily won the race and it would have been awesome to see the number 43 back in victory lane again. I don't want to blame anyone because racing is racing but having read Jimmie Johnson's comment about getting together with Bobby and not being able to turn off of him.... well what about that pedal on the left called brake? I know it's easy to sit here and say what if but it was just hard to watch something like that happen when you know Bobby could have easily been a top five or even winner for the race. Does anyone agree?
mathiasj

Auburn Hills, MI

#5 Jul 3, 2006
What a great ride Bobby had saturday, i was at the edge of my seat saying GO! Bobby GO!. Yes, it ended on a sour note but think about how far the Petty team has come since John Andretti. So many downs and very little ups,we got a few surprises in 2004 with some good runs from Kyle, but this year there has been a little more consistancy than the years before. Greatness only comes to those who are patient, the Petty teams are optomistic about the future of petty interprise we need to give them support to make them believe they are great.
Hog

Cadott, WI

#6 Jul 3, 2006
Zeus wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with your assessment of Bobby Labonte. I was so pissed Saturday night after he was taken out by Jimmie Johnson. I think he could have easily won the race and it would have been awesome to see the number 43 back in victory lane again. I don't want to blame anyone because racing is racing but having read Jimmie Johnson's comment about getting together with Bobby and not being able to turn off of him.... well what about that pedal on the left called brake? I know it's easy to sit here and say what if but it was just hard to watch something like that happen when you know Bobby could have easily been a top five or even winner for the race. Does anyone agree?
I totally agree.
Michael

Louisville, KY

#7 Jul 5, 2006
Hog wrote:
Labonte's the man. Look at how they have run lately. He could have won Daytona, Johnson ruins his day. He was spun out on the first lap of Sonoma then involved in the wreck at the end because he was somewhere he shouldn't have been. Flat tire and the rain comes at Michigan. Way too much bad luck! Bobby is the best man for the job. He's the coolest cat on the track and like someone said, he gets the most out of the equipment given to him. Think of the finishes he would have had already if not for the mechanical failures. No one needs a break more than Labonte. When Lady Luck leaves him alone, maybe everybody else will. Everyone will be chasing him in 07'.... WATCH!!!!
glenng

Plainview, NY

#8 Jul 5, 2006
Bobby is like his brother Terry, After Terry's first championship he fell on hard times, as did Bobby. Everyone knows what Terry did in 1996 i think, He won another championship. Bobby will be no different. Mark my words the man has one more championship in him. It's in his bloodline.
clydecaddy

Cape Coral, FL

#9 Jul 7, 2006
Bobby Labonte is one of the true gentelmen of NASCAR . It is a shame to watch him go from one bad luck experence to another. Every dog has his day, he will be back in the winners circle and when he wins NASCAR will be better for it.
derek

East Sandwich, MA

#10 Aug 6, 2006
bobby is the man. when i 1st heard that bobby chose petty over some of the other teams, i'll admit, i was skeptical. given the recent history of the # 43, i figured that bobby was going from a bad situation to a worse one. i've been a huge bobby fan since he came to the bigs. if there is anyone that can get the most out of a machine it's bobby. the petty team is right on the cusp of greatness again. his position in the points is irrelivant. idiots like johnson, stewart, gordon (jeff & robbie) and others that have ruined great races for him this year have cost him dearly in the standings. look at how he was racing until he was taken out...look at the daytona race when johnson took bobby out. he was 3rd and moving up. possibly could have won. they're right there. 2007 will be the true test for bobby. the 43 team will have had a full year (2006) to gell and get to know one anothers strengths and weaknesses. they'll be in the chase next year. just you wait and see.
Billy Koontz

High Point, NC

#11 Aug 29, 2006
I have been a fan of Richard since he towed and drove 58 Olds.Glad Bobby is in 43.He is a classey man as is Richard.Hang in there ,Bobby will win in ole 43.
Hog

Marshfield, MO

#12 Sep 29, 2006
Have you guys seen the new commercial with the King, Kyle, and Bobby. It's pretty funny!
ebag

Lackawaxen, PA

#13 Nov 10, 2006
i think he is a good and true driver he is one who does not cheat and is one of the gentalmen of nascar and will win a nextel cup championship soon
Petty Fan

AOL

#14 Nov 11, 2006
Bobby has already won one nextel cup. I think the team is working hard, and I read that General Mills is stepping up the sponsorship for next year and I think that's great. With good luck and good engines the team is going to do good things. To me it is great to finally see progress. And you know it has got to be satisfying to the employees that work there. Go Bobby go.
umpire

Plainview, NY

#15 Nov 13, 2006
Hey Petty fan, Not to sound like a smart ass but King Bobby didnt win a "nextel cup" he won the real thing a WINSTON CUP. When we old school fans think of championships, nextel doesn't even come to mind. Within the next year or so, it will be some b.s. like bank of america cup, or sprint cup, or whom ever brian france sells the fans out to. Look at the bang up job his television contract with nbc and fox has done. Don't believe me? Look at the t.v. ratings for damn near every race this year. Falling like a rock. France tell us that it is because nbc isn't promoting the races because they wont be back next year. We have an old saying where I come from, Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining. I call em like I see em
master monkey45

Hollister, MO

#16 Nov 23, 2006
hi i will miss u all due to the upcoming tucan invasion goodbye world -_- sad
i will give u all cookies *gives cookies*
Staci

Yucaipa, CA

#17 Dec 2, 2006
Hog wrote:
I think he is awsome!!! Very humble and never blaming others for crap. I love him.
theGreek

Toronto, Canada

#18 Dec 11, 2006
Well, it was an interesting year for the Petty's. For the first time in a long time they may be moving in the right direction. Kyle has to retire and get a young gun in his car and work with them. Before he retires I would, just one time, like to see him seat the 43 car. I can't remember if Kyle has ever driven 43 in a race. Anyone out there know if he did? I would also like to see the Petty group get back to three competative cars,,, Rouch, Childress et al, have a distinct advantage with shear numbers.. Anyway,, 07 just maybe the year this team turns the corner into victory lane. Having worked in NASCAR when they were Grand National Cars and also having met both Richard and Kyle I really think it would be great to see them win again.. Andy Granatelli (STP founder) was asked recently who he thought was the best driver ever to compete in NASCAR and it came as no surprise that Richard was by far the best drive ever followed by Pearson the Earnhardt.. Intesting... Anyway,,, for all of us diehard Petty fans.. it could be the year we have all been looking forward to.
Cheers
theGreek

Toronto, Canada

#19 Dec 11, 2006
Zeus wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree 100per cent,, Bobby could have won the race.. What a shame...
The Greek

Etobicoke, Canada

#20 Dec 29, 2006
Anyone out there been to the Petty Website, it has note been update since the Ford 400.. Now either the Petty's have nothing to say or their Webmaster should be dismissed... You guys heard any late breaking news.. or are we to wait until Feb....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bobby Labonte Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bobby Labonte's start streak to end at 704 (Jun '13) Oct '13 WHOYAKIDDING 11
News Bobby Labonte streak set to end at 704 starts (Jun '13) Jun '13 Bill 1
News Ill Labonte extends Texas streak before bowing out (Apr '13) Apr '13 TexasRaider 2
News Kyle Busch avoids wrecks, races to first victor... (Jun '12) Jul '12 Carolyn 13
News NASCAR Preview: Labonte and Elliot (Jan '12) Jan '12 Hello 1
News Addington In, Grubb Out With Stewart (Nov '11) Dec '11 JohnnyDeppfan2 30
News JTG Daugherty jackman won't miss race after bei... (Aug '11) Aug '11 CRJ 1
More from around the web