Labonte Passes Stewart to Win Busch R...

Labonte Passes Stewart to Win Busch Race

There are 12 comments on the The Associated Press story from Apr 29, 2007, titled Labonte Passes Stewart to Win Busch Race . In it, The Associated Press reports that:

“I just stayed glued to his rear bumper. This is cool. The motor just blew up. It was pegged at 240 (degrees) the last two laps.”

Bobby Labonte pushed teammate Tony Stewart to the lead, then won with a dramatic pass in the last 200 yards Saturday in the NASCAR Busch Series race at Talladega Superspeedway.

Labonte, a Nextel Cup star, came away with his 10th Busch win and first since 1998, beating Stewart, a two-time Cup champion, to the finish line by less than a car-length in the race that came down to a green-white-checker finish because of a late caution.

Casey Mears and Kevin Harvick were out front when debris from the battered car of Kasey Kahne brought out a caution flag on lap 115, just three laps from the scheduled finish of Aaron's 312. Read more

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Associated Press.

Jennifer Watts

Clyde, NC

#1 May 1, 2007
Way to go bobby. I knew you could do it. Congradulations to kevin,and kertus,all the khi racing teams yall go guys
Whoyakidding

Raleigh, NC

#2 May 1, 2007
Good Morning Jennifer, how are you this lovely day. You're right, it's great to see Bobby win. Can't wait till he puts that Petty 43 in the winners circle.

“Best of the Best of the Best..”

Since: Jan 07

Upstate NY

#3 May 1, 2007
Congrats Bobby, I was so pissed that I went fishing and missed the race, luckily my brother TVO'd it, nice to see tony and bobby raceing for the lead, remindes me of the old days at JGR, now lets get a Cup win in that 43 car, GO BOBBY!
Jennifer Watts

Clyde, NC

#4 May 6, 2007
hi whoyakidding, what's up? I know.

“"Racing Rules"”

Since: Dec 06

NHRA

#5 May 6, 2007
Jennifer Watts wrote:
hi whoyakidding, what's up? I know.
Good Morning Jen! Have a fun Race day Sunday!!! No rain in sight! 1pm start time!!!
Jennifer Watts

Clyde, NC

#6 May 6, 2007
hi mindy I'm kinda worried about kertus thanks. I went to his website his forum isn't there. Since the kevin thing happened

Location hidden

#7 May 6, 2007
Jennifer Watts wrote:
hi mindy I'm kinda worried about kertus thanks. I went to his website his forum isn't there. Since the kevin thing happened
Hi Jen have not talked to you lately. Hope your doing o.k. Enjoy the race today.

“VIKINGS, NFC NORTH CHAMPIONS!!”

Location hidden

#8 May 6, 2007
snow wrote:
<quoted text> Hi Jen have not talked to you lately. Hope your doing o.k. Enjoy the race today.
Does anyone know if todays race at Richmond will be aired anywhere

Since: Jan 07

Weber County

#9 May 6, 2007
Fran the Man wrote:
<quoted text>
It's on Fox right now

Location hidden

#10 May 6, 2007
Fran the Man wrote:
<quoted text>
I am so sorry I never got back on here until the race ended. Please forgive me
for ot getting back to you with the information,
I am sorry....
Jennifer Watts

Clyde, NC

#11 May 7, 2007
hi all,I did you see kertus at richmond? How's he doing? Hi snow, my crush knows I'm single finally. I did enjoy the races over the weekend. I saw what happened to kevin sunday's race.
Jennifer Watts

Clyde, NC

#12 May 7, 2007
will the busch race be on thuresday,and the nextel on friday?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bobby Labonte Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bobby Labonte's start streak to end at 704 (Jun '13) Oct '13 WHOYAKIDDING 11
News Bobby Labonte streak set to end at 704 starts (Jun '13) Jun '13 Bill 1
News Ill Labonte extends Texas streak before bowing out (Apr '13) Apr '13 TexasRaider 2
News Kyle Busch avoids wrecks, races to first victor... (Jun '12) Jul '12 Carolyn 13
News NASCAR Preview: Labonte and Elliot (Jan '12) Jan '12 Hello 1
News Addington In, Grubb Out With Stewart (Nov '11) Dec '11 JohnnyDeppfan2 30
News JTG Daugherty jackman won't miss race after bei... (Aug '11) Aug '11 CRJ 1
More from around the web