Kyle Busch, Dale Earnhardt Jr. among 10 finalists for NMPA's Most Popular Driver Award

Sep 13, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Scene Daily

Ten drivers are finalists for the NASCAR National Motorsports Press Association Hamburger Helper Most Popular Driver Award.

Comments
1 - 13 of 13 Comments Last updated Sep 21, 2010
NASCAR Guy

Eagle, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2010

Judged:

Finally, something Jr can 'win'!
overr88ted

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2010

Judged:

lol how funny would it be if kyle won it jr would prob go jump off a bridge, he would have nothing... hurry up jr nation regester those email addresses lol y would anyone take pride in a high school award.

Since: Nov 09

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2010

Judged:

overr88ted wrote:
lol how funny would it be if kyle won it jr would prob go jump off a bridge, he would have nothing... hurry up jr nation regester those email addresses lol y would anyone take pride in a high school award.
Jr wouldn't jump off a bridge, but a good part of the Nation might. KB isn't my favorite driver, but I'll vote for him every day. I think it's my civic duty.
Not a Junior Fan

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2010

Judged:

Why bother voting. Jr will win anything that fans vote on. He is almost in the lead for the pit crew challenge even though he has not won a race or been near the front where the pit crew really makes a difference.

“IN GOD WE TRUST”

Since: Jun 07

Raleigh

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2010

Judged:

If Jr.'s fans care enough to vote for him enough for him to win the award, then he deserves it. If you think he doesn't deserve it then you should be voting every day for someone you like. It's that simple. The award isn't based on how many races the driver has won or where he is in the chase, it's about who the fans like the most. His fans can't vote any more than his critics can so if he wins again, it just means he still is more popular than the other drivers.
X Jr Fan

Cleveland, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2010

Judged:

overr88ted wrote:
winning the MPD award is the greatest accomplishment of mankind according to Jr Nation. it seems they would rather see him hold up the MPD award than the Sprint Cup trophy
X Jr Fan

Cleveland, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2010

Judged:

if his pit crew wins the AT@T Fastest Pit Crew Award, they will probably dance in the streets for a month
You get over it

Katy, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2010

Judged:

Perhaps the fact that the MPD voting is sponsored by "Hamburger Helper" is why Junior wins. His trailer park fans are likely regular visitors to the site. They can vote for Junior while they surf the site looking for new and exciting ways to prepare their Hamburger Helper for dinner.

“How We Roll”

Since: Nov 08

Area 51, Nevada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2010

Judged:

You get over it wrote:
Perhaps the fact that the MPD voting is sponsored by "Hamburger Helper" is why Junior wins. His trailer park fans are likely regular visitors to the site. They can vote for Junior while they surf the site looking for new and exciting ways to prepare their Hamburger Helper for dinner.
lmao omg that was a low blow.

True whats said by Whoyakidding.
The Fat and the Furious

Sterling Heights, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2010

Judged:

Whoyakidding wrote:
If Jr.'s fans care enough to vote for him enough for him to win the award, then he deserves it. If you think he doesn't deserve it then you should be voting every day for someone you like. It's that simple. The award isn't based on how many races the driver has won or where he is in the chase, it's about who the fans like the most. His fans can't vote any more than his critics can so if he wins again, it just means he still is more popular than the other drivers.
I agree completely. No one ever said you had to be winning to be popular or that winning would necessarily make you popular. Although, winning does increase a fan base to some degree. Let's face it, people want to root for a winner, so you'll always have those people who will latch on just because of that.
jr fan 4ever

Nashua, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2010

Judged:

jr can win anything when he puts his mind to it and with kyle busch jr has not compitition whats so ever! Go get them jr!!!!!!
Smoke2008

Farmington, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2010

Judged:

I thought Hamburger Helper was Clint Bowyer's sponsor. Where's he in the MPD vote?
You get over it

Katy, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2010

Judged:

jr fan 4ever wrote:
jr can win anything when he puts his mind to it and with kyle busch jr has not compitition whats so ever! Go get them jr!!!!!!
Sooooo.....what you're saying is that Junior doesn't want to win races and a Sprint Cup championship? Because he could do it if he just "puts his mind to it."

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••