Bobby Hamilton Jr. hopes to purchase Tenn. track

There are 11 comments on the WMC TV story from Aug 9, 2010, titled Bobby Hamilton Jr. hopes to purchase Tenn. track. In it, WMC TV reports that:

Bobby Hamilton Jr. is negotiating to buy a second auto racing track in Tennessee.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WMC TV.

Seriously

Scottsville, KY

#1 Aug 12, 2010
Now this would be a good thing for Carthage.
resident

Portland, TN

#2 Jan 10, 2012
agreed, but what happened
scott

Toledo, OH

#3 Jun 24, 2012
I would like to see bobby start his own race team in nascar an be owner/driver like his dad was.
Seriously

Scottsville, KY

#4 Jun 24, 2012
He owns Highland Rim, and the track here in town. They are both in bankruptcy.
So that ain't gonna happen.
ok ok

Alexandria, TN

#5 Jun 24, 2012
he doesnot own nor never has owm either one of those tracks he leased the rim and rented carthage the rim was bought about two months ago .carthage has never been in bankruptcy but is for sale call eddie taylor he will give u a price he will take for it
Seriously

Scottsville, KY

#6 Jun 24, 2012
Really ? Guess I was told wrong. I stand corrected.
ok ok

Alexandria, TN

#7 Jun 24, 2012
the rim is bng redone they r going to reopen the end of july
Truthful

Carrollton, GA

#8 Jun 24, 2012
Aint nobody gonna open that track back up
Been tried several times several different ways and everyone lost their butts
ok ok

Alexandria, TN

#9 Jun 24, 2012
he has to run one race this year or they are going to turn it back to agriculture and he will never get what he has to have for it
scott

Toledo, OH

#10 Dec 5, 2012
he needs to drive for himself for afew years and save his money to make that happen
ThomasA

Birmingham, AL

#11 Dec 6, 2012
scott wrote:
he needs to drive for himself for afew years and save his money to make that happen
Sad! Short track racing gave you the most bang for your buck but the high overhead and insurance costs have run many short tracks out of business. On the car owner's side, the rising cost of frames,bodies,tires,and trick engines are sending many old line racers to the house. May the short track racers rest in peace.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bobby Hamilton Jr. Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Hamilton Jr. becomes track owner (Jun '10) Jun '10 PaperBoy 4
News Bobby Hamilton Jr. acquires Highland Rim track (Jun '10) Jun '10 Mavis 1
News Bobby Hamilton, Jr. Picks a Fight with Landon C... (Nov '08) Nov '08 Mary 2
News Hamilton Jr.'s car lacks sponsor for 2009 (Oct '08) Oct '08 Rick Green 1
News Hamilton Jr. may leave team after this seasonBo... (Sep '08) Sep '08 LGR 2
News NASCAR Drivers and Country Music Stars Inaugura... (Jan '08) Aug '08 dale883fan 10
News Stewart nips Earnhardt for first Talladega victory (Apr '08) Apr '08 anderson 24 7
More from around the web