NASCAR's Bobby Hamilton dies of cancer

NASCAR's Bobby Hamilton dies of cancer

There are 18 comments on the Sporting News story from Jan 7, 2007, titled NASCAR's Bobby Hamilton dies of cancer. In it, Sporting News reports that:

Bobby Hamilton, the longtime NASCAR driver who won the 2001 Talladega 500 and was the 2004 Craftsman Truck Series champion, died Sunday of cancer, said Liz Allison, a family friend who co-hosted a radio show ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Sporting News.

KEVIN WHITE

United States

#1 Jan 7, 2007
I HAD THE PRIVELIGE TO WORK WITH BOBBY AT ANDY PETREE RACING AND GET A WIN AT TALLADEGA WITH HIM AS MY DRIVER. HE WAS A GREAT PERSON. JUST A LAID BACK NORMAL HUMAN BEING. HE WILL BE MISSED GREATLY IN MY HEART. GOD SPEED AND GOODBYE. THANKS, KEVIN WHITE.
Donna and David Jones

AOL

#2 Jan 7, 2007
God Bless this family in their time of sorrow & loss.

R.I.P
Bobby Hamilton, Sr.

Godspeed Mr. Hamilton

The Jones Family
Little Rock, Arkansas

“"Racing Rules"”

Since: Dec 06

NHRA

#3 Jan 7, 2007
God bless him!!prayers to the family! may you get some comfort in all the support from friends,family,Nascar nation family and lot's of strangers who care and admired you!!!
Jeff McDaniel

Byron, GA

#4 Jan 7, 2007
May God be with Bobby's family at this time. We will miss him also. Bobby is racing with some of the best talent now in heaven. Bet he's holding his own against Dale , Davey,Alan, Neil.
Hollis Gammon

Jamestown, TN

#5 Jan 7, 2007
Never heard an unkind word about Bobby, he was a gentleman at all times.
Our prayers are with the Hamilton family
Rick Gokee sr

Port Orchard, WA

#6 Jan 7, 2007
My thoughts and prayers go out to the hamilton family a true racer. Potterville michigan
Will Ivy

AOL

#8 Jan 7, 2007
God Bless this family in their time of sorrow & loss.

R.I.P
Bobby Hamilton, Sr.

Ivy Motorsports
Reagan, Tn

“I.AM.CANADIAN”

Since: Jan 07

Canada

#9 Jan 7, 2007
Holy crap - I had totally forgotten that Bobby Sr was sick =X So shocking, and sad.

Rest in Peace, Bobby! My condolences to his family - he will be greatly missed =(

“Just a littlebit”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#10 Jan 7, 2007
My thoughts and prayers are going out to the Hamilton family.
Todd - Rhonda Perryman

Hattiesburg, MS

#11 Jan 7, 2007
We send our prayers to the Hamilton Family at this time. Bobby was not only a great driver and boss, he was a good friend. He will truely be missed at BHR.
David Johnon

Paron, AR

#12 Jan 7, 2007
My thoughts and prayers go out to all his family
and friends.May God Bless
Chad Greenwalt

Saint Charles, MO

#13 Jan 7, 2007
Thoughts and prayers to your family from ours.
RC RACING

United States

#14 Jan 7, 2007
He will be missed.
I want to tell all his family and friends that
My family will be praying for ya'll.
This cancer thing has taken alot of friends from us and needs to be stopped.

Ronnie Inman & Family
Mississippi
Nancy from Mississippi

Big Cabin, OK

#15 Jan 7, 2007
The Hamilton family will be in my prayers.
Lynn Grammer

United States

#16 Jan 7, 2007
Thoughts and prayers from our family in Tupelo,Ms. to the Hamilton family. Bobby will truely be missed.

Godspeed Bobby

Lynn
Randy West

Fargo, ND

#17 Jan 8, 2007
I had the pleasure of meeting Bobby Hamilton in 1992 and several other occasions after that. He was a true asset to the sport of auto racing there is not many like him left. He truly earned his way in the sport by hard work & determination. Prayers go up for the family and all the employees of Bobby Hamilton Motorsports. GOD HAS ALL THE ANSWERS SEEK HIM FOR STRENGTH & KNOWLEDGE IN THESE DIFFICULT DAY'S.

GOD BLESS YOU ALL!!
CIndy Karan Tetreault

Deltona, FL

#18 Jan 8, 2007
I watched Bobby race at nashville and Highland Rim. I was track photographer and P.R. Director at Nashville. I watched him race from his earlier days and there was no better driver. He was a good guy, always entertaining to be around. He loved his fans and would spend hours signing autographs. I was lucky enough to work with his Licensing and p.r. company when he was Rookie of the year for Winston Cup. I cant believe he is gone. I have only fond memeories of him and his son "little Bobby" as we called him then. I am so sad for him and his family. My he rest in peace. He did not deserve this. I will always treasure my memories of Bobby.
Cindy
Jennifer Watts

Clyde, NC

#20 Jan 16, 2007
also, the guy who had lung cancer has died

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bobby Hamilton Jr. Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bobby Hamilton Jr. hopes to purchase Tenn. track (Aug '10) Dec '12 ThomasA 11
News Hamilton Jr. becomes track owner (Jun '10) Jun '10 PaperBoy 4
News Bobby Hamilton Jr. acquires Highland Rim track (Jun '10) Jun '10 Mavis 1
News Bobby Hamilton, Jr. Picks a Fight with Landon C... (Nov '08) Nov '08 Mary 2
News Hamilton Jr.'s car lacks sponsor for 2009 (Oct '08) Oct '08 Rick Green 1
News Hamilton Jr. may leave team after this seasonBo... (Sep '08) Sep '08 LGR 2
News NASCAR Drivers and Country Music Stars Inaugura... (Jan '08) Aug '08 dale883fan 10
More from around the web