Rick Hendrick says NASCAR boss Brian ...

Rick Hendrick says NASCAR boss Brian France channeled his father in...

There are 17 comments on the AutoWeek story from Sep 15, 2013, titled Rick Hendrick says NASCAR boss Brian France channeled his father in.... In it, AutoWeek reports that:

Rick Hendrick said he heard a familiar voice when NASCAR CEO Brian France announced that Jeff Gordon had been included in the Chase in the aftermath of Chasegate.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at AutoWeek.

ltcsquad

Social Circle, GA

#1 Sep 15, 2013
The biggest cheat in NASCAR is NASCAR. They do everything for The Hendricks teams and screw the rest of the field again. Helping teammates get to the chase has gone on for years. Now that Gordon would of failed to make the chase so they help their driver by putting him in.
Angie b

Hazard, KY

#2 Sep 15, 2013
I totally agree with you about that.
NASCAR says they can't prove that bowyer spun out his car on purpose. Yet, they give Gordon a made up13th spot, took truix's spot and gave it to Newman.
What the .......!!!
NASCAR is talking out both ends and still not making any sense.
I'm thinking NASCAR has these races fixed.what else can anyone think?
Hendrick's teams are always getting special treatment from NASCAR.
And to make it even worse,everyone knows it and doesn't seem to care.
Well, I do. I have quit watching NASCAR.after many,many years of watching faithfully.
(I had a hard time not watching this weeks race,but I didn't .i'm proud of myself for that!)
What is so sad is Martin truix.he has done so good this year.but now,after racing his heart out,he gets shoved to the side, to give Newman a spot.if I was Gordon or Newman I would be ashamed of getting those spots.they never raced to get those spots.they just got them give to them.
Jeff

Flat Lick, KY

#3 Sep 15, 2013
NASCAR is one of the most, biggest Hippocrates I've ever seen, I just hope the stands get less than they are now, NASCAR done 56 team wrong and completely bowed down to Hendricks, not so long ago the 48 team got caught in T.V telling Jimmy to bend up the back of his car at talladege if he won, but nothing gets said to those goones,
rebelyel

Fairforest, SC

#4 Sep 15, 2013
the bottom line here is that Bowyer got to close to their goldenboy Jimmie Johnson and stood a real chance of winning the championship so they had to do something...anything... to stop him. And no way were they going to not let Gordon not be in it so they had to invent a way to include him. Sad!!! And they say that they are concerned with the integrity of the sport. If they are then they should make sure that the rules apply to everyone and do not change mid-year.
If Clint supposedly got into trouble for helping a teammate then why are they changing rules to help out a team owner. Seems kind of like the age old pot calling the kettle black. Doesn't it?
Hilton Head

Southwest Brevard Cnty, FL

#5 Sep 15, 2013
If anyone here can look at Bowyers in car camera and say that he didn't spin that wheel intentionally you are in denial. Newman would have won the race if Bowyer hadn't spun out which would have put him in the chase over Truex anyway. I'm no fan of Hendrick or any of his drivers so I look forward to seeing all four of them lose this championship.
Fred

Hazard, KY

#6 Sep 15, 2013
Even if bowyer did spin out on purpose (which I'm not sure about),nobody can't say that this situation hasn't happened before.i am sure that every team out there has done the same thing at one time or another.i can remember when dale jr.,said ,out loud and on tv that he spun out to help his teammate.so, this isn't the only instance that this has happened.it just funny to me that it happened at this time.right when Jeff Gordon and Newman was out of the chase. Any other time, NASCAR might have handed out a few penalties,a few harsh words,but to just up and throw truix out ,put Newman in and add a 13th spot for Gordon........well, to me that seems just a wee bit much.
My honest opinion about this is hendrick's ..........should change their name to NASCAR motor sports.cause,anyone can see they prefer his over all the other teams.
Bubba

Rodman, NY

#8 Sep 16, 2013
nothing new to Nascar , remember when Bill Elliott was unbeatable way back when the T-Bird came to Nascar , they made so many rule changes so the chevys could keep up , raised the roof , raised the hood , and made changes on the front of the fords , and lowered the roof , lowered the hood and let them ad a fastback style window to the chevys , its not just hendrick that nascar favors its chevy ....
Hilton Head

Southwest Brevard Cnty, FL

#9 Sep 16, 2013
Fred wrote:
Even if bowyer did spin out on purpose (which I'm not sure about),nobody can't say that this situation hasn't happened before.i am sure that every team out there has done the same thing at one time or another.i can remember when dale jr.,said ,out loud and on tv that he spun out to help his teammate.so, this isn't the only instance that this has happened.it just funny to me that it happened at this time.right when Jeff Gordon and Newman was out of the chase. Any other time, NASCAR might have handed out a few penalties,a few harsh words,but to just up and throw truix out ,put Newman in and add a 13th spot for Gordon........well, to me that seems just a wee bit much.
My honest opinion about this is hendrick's ..........should change their name to NASCAR motor sports.cause,anyone can see they prefer his over all the other teams.
I have to agree that Hendrick is the prodigal son, but go back and look at the replay of Bowyer's in car camera. The camera doesn't lie and do you really think that Waltrip is going to be fined $300,000.00 and lose points without an appeal if he wasn't cheating?
WHOYAKIDDING

Raleigh, NC

#10 Sep 16, 2013
NASCAR is being as nice as they can in lieu of the situation. How much good would it do for NASCAR, it's competitors and the public for them to come and say we caught the MWR team cheating their butts off. That they also caught Front Row Motorsports discussing helping the 22 car for future favors and that they were cheating their butts off. We understand by the mere fact that both teams were penalized without notice of appeal that both were guilty as hell. So what's the big beef with NASCAR restoring to the two teams most effected what they were on their way to accomplishing when MWR decided to create a spot their man (Truex). I appluade NASCAR for taking action however I do agree that Bowyer should have been tossed out of the chase.
George Taylor

Ottawa, Canada

#12 Sep 17, 2013
Angie b wrote:
I totally agree with you about that.
NASCAR says they can't prove that bowyer spun out his car on purpose. Yet, they give Gordon a made up13th spot, took truix's spot and gave it to Newman.
What the .......!!!
NASCAR is talking out both ends and still not making any sense.
I'm thinking NASCAR has these races fixed.what else can anyone think?
Hendrick's teams are always getting special treatment from NASCAR.
And to make it even worse,everyone knows it and doesn't seem to care.
Well, I do. I have quit watching NASCAR.after many,many years of watching faithfully.
(I had a hard time not watching this weeks race,but I didn't .i'm proud of myself for that!)
What is so sad is Martin truix.he has done so good this year.but now,after racing his heart out,he gets shoved to the side, to give Newman a spot.if I was Gordon or Newman I would be ashamed of getting those spots.they never raced to get those spots.they just got them give to them.
AYE AYE!
Slayman

Gurley, AL

#13 Sep 17, 2013
Who would you vote for as being the biggest cheat among the present owners? Vote between Hendrick and Waltrip. My Vote would be cast for Hendrick.
george

New London, WI

#14 Sep 17, 2013
ltcsquad wrote:
The biggest cheat in NASCAR is NASCAR. They do everything for The Hendricks teams and screw the rest of the field again. Helping teammates get to the chase has gone on for years. Now that Gordon would of failed to make the chase so they help their driver by putting him in.
its Hendrick not Hendricks moron
george

New London, WI

#15 Sep 17, 2013
Jeff wrote:
NASCAR is one of the most, biggest Hippocrates I've ever seen, I just hope the stands get less than they are now, NASCAR done 56 team wrong and completely bowed down to Hendricks, not so long ago the 48 team got caught in T.V telling Jimmy to bend up the back of his car at talladege if he won, but nothing gets said to those goones,
its Hendrick not Hendricks dickwad
george

New London, WI

#16 Sep 17, 2013
nascar should have parked all of waltrips cars for a race and pulled clint (AKA lay down sally)out of the chase

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#17 Sep 17, 2013
george wrote:
nascar should have parked all of waltrips cars for a race and pulled clint (AKA lay down sally)out of the chase
George, have you been around grass roots racing? Spin and sit, blocking, etc have been around forever...in NASCAR, both Earnhardt's have done this stuff many times...I think jr got caught a few years back

The chase has simply increased the stakes...and attention

Teams need to be smarter about broadcasting on radio...how dumb
Kelly

Rochester, NY

#18 Sep 17, 2013
Jimmie Johnson said it right. It's great to have J Gordon in, but it should still stay 12 drivers. One in, one out. And the one that deserves most to be out is Bowyer.

“RaiderNation of Domination”

Since: May 07

Some West Texas County

#19 Sep 20, 2013
Hilton Head wrote:
<quoted text>I have to agree that Hendrick is the prodigal son, but go back and look at the replay of Bowyer's in car camera. The camera doesn't lie and do you really think that Waltrip is going to be fined $300,000.00 and lose points without an appeal if he wasn't cheating?
I agree 100% that Hendrick is the prodigal son of nascar. That is the only reason they let Gordon in the Chase.

What really bugs me is that a lot of angry fans fail to realize is that Bowyer had already clinched his spot in the chase before the race at Richmond, so Nascar had no right to take it from him. Truex on the other hand had not clinched until the race was over and I think it's debatable as to whether or not removing him in favor of Newman was the right thing to do, it just so happens that's the way the dominoes fell after the penalty points were issued. Gordon on the other hand was a victim of the aftermath while Lagano was a beneficiary of it...If anything for justice to be rightfully served, Bowyer should've been suspended for a race in the chase

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bobby Dotter Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Today in History: May 22 May '16 raw 1
News 2016 Dover: Richard Childress Racing NASCAR Xfi... May '16 Menards eh 1
News What's up with the exciting start to NASCAR's 2... Apr '16 TMZ789 6
News NASCAR offering flag exchange at Coke Zero 400 (Jul '15) Sep '15 Fart news 27
News NASCAR Sprint Cup's Ricky Stenhouse Enters Batt... (Dec '14) Dec '14 nelson 1
News NASCAR Brawl Ends with Jeff Gordon Bloody Lip, ... (Nov '14) Nov '14 Harry Horton 1
News Racing's Allisons heading to Lake Erie Speedway (Aug '14) Aug '14 racingfever 1
More from around the web