Bruton Smith wants final race of NASCAR season moved from Homestead

Mar 7, 2009 Full story: The Birmingham News

Bruton Smith said today that NASCAR needs to move its final race of the year somewhere other than Homestead-Miami Speedway.

Full Story
Mykro

North Palm Beach, FL

#1 Mar 7, 2009
Smith needs to put a plug in it. Time for his retirement.
Mike Baldwin

San Francisco, CA

#2 Mar 7, 2009
What an unbelievable racist jackass! Does this guy have a brain in his head or even a clue?
Voice of Reality

Petersburg, VA

#3 Mar 7, 2009
Mike Baldwin wrote:
What an unbelievable racist jackass! Does this guy have a brain in his head or even a clue?
Actually, while I do not agree with a lot of things Bruton says or does, he is right about Homestead. People, you need to understand that Atlanta, Daytona, Charlotte, Indy and perhaps Dega are the corner stone tracks of NASCAR and the rest are supporting players. Through the history of modern NASCAR Atlanta was the site of the last race for many years and was a sell out and was always a very good race on a very fast track. I would like to see the chase be made up of several types of races. Perhaps two plate races, a road course race, perhaps four or five on the ever popular 1.5 mile tracks and a Bristol and Richmond. The last race should be either at Atlanta, Richmond or a road course. The first two being member tracks almost from the beginning and the last being the ever testing road course.

Since: May 08

Temperance, MI

#4 Mar 7, 2009
Why not rotate it?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bill Riley/EddieD'Hondt Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gatti's wife accused in his slaying (Jul '09) Dec '12 JanetPlanet 51
50 Most Annoying Things in NASCAR (Aug '11) Sep '11 WWE CRASHCAR 2011 14
English Tradition (Aug '11) Aug '11 waid green 1
Teresa M. Stump (Oct '09) Oct '09 Tim Covey 1
RAB Racing counting on NASCAR veteran David Gre... (Sep '09) Sep '09 carolyn from fontana 1
Busch brothers top qualifying for NASCAR race (Feb '09) Aug '09 Stacy the house b... 14
Bristol blog (Apr '09) Jun '09 BrisDull 3
More from around the web