For safetya s sake, drivers should boycott Talladega

Apr 28, 2009 | Posted by: outnleftfield | Full story: www.timesdispatch.com

The fence at Talladega Superspeedway kept Carl Edwards' car from going into the stands at the end of Sunday's race.

Comments
1 - 7 of 7 Comments Last updated Apr 29, 2009
Spine

Alpine, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2009

Judged:

That guy is insane.

“IN GOD WE TRUST”

Since: Jun 07

Raleigh

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2009

Judged:

The writer in this article is just another in a long line of piss and moaners that whine their ass off everytime something the least bit controversial happens but never has an intelligent suggestion to offer to cure the supposed problem. They can't see the real world through those rose colored glasses. They whine like dogs when Cup races at the mile and halfers and the field is strung out to the point the leader is 6 seconds in front of second place. They're constantly talking about parity and a level playing field, whatever in hell that means. Listen up, whiny babies, plate racing is parity. It is racing on a level playing field where every competitor truely has a chance to win. Example: Brad Keselowski!!!!! Sure NASCAR has the responsibility to continually improve their safety program and I think they have done a good job. Carl walked away, Ryan walked away, the few injured in the stands are walking away. All because NASCAR safety standards are as good as they are.
Mansfield Mom

Springfield, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2009

Judged:

Whoyakidding wrote:
The writer in this article is just another in a long line of piss and moaners that whine their ass off everytime something the least bit controversial happens but never has an intelligent suggestion to offer to cure the supposed problem. They can't see the real world through those rose colored glasses. They whine like dogs when Cup races at the mile and halfers and the field is strung out to the point the leader is 6 seconds in front of second place. They're constantly talking about parity and a level playing field, whatever in hell that means. Listen up, whiny babies, plate racing is parity. It is racing on a level playing field where every competitor truely has a chance to win. Example: Brad Keselowski!!!!! Sure NASCAR has the responsibility to continually improve their safety program and I think they have done a good job. Carl walked away, Ryan walked away, the few injured in the stands are walking away. All because NASCAR safety standards are as good as they are.
I agree. NASCAR is mor about the ratings instead of the racing anymore, yet I will still watch. There is no way NASCAR racers will ever boycott Talladega! This track rates up there next to Daytona and Indianapolis.
Mr Green

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2009

Judged:

The drivers sign up for it knowing that there will be the "big one". Fans buy tickets knowing there will be the "big one". The reasonable person knows that sitting next to the fence might not safest place to sit. You went there to either drive or watch a 200 mph missle going around in a circle with very little holding it in it's orbit. If you don't think it's safe stay home and watch it on TV, but be careful a kernel of popcorn might fly up and hit you in the eye. Then who do you blame, Orvil?
Nascartoon

Bloomfield Hills, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2009

Judged:

Mr Green wrote:
The drivers sign up for it knowing that there will be the "big one". Fans buy tickets knowing there will be the "big one". The reasonable person knows that sitting next to the fence might not safest place to sit. You went there to either drive or watch a 200 mph missle going around in a circle with very little holding it in it's orbit. If you don't think it's safe stay home and watch it on TV, but be careful a kernel of popcorn might fly up and hit you in the eye. Then who do you blame, Orvil?
Well said. While none of us want to see anyone get hurt, there's always a chance it can happen. Tracks do their best to minimize it, but the risk is always there. I could get hit by a shattered bat at a baseball game and have a major injury, or a puck at a hockey game, etc.... As a fan, I'm aware that there's some risk to my safety and I'm willing to take that chance when i attend. If drivers should boycott 'Dega, than they should boycott every track and quit racing altogether. They're at risk on every track they race on and so are the fans. The best we can do is make it as safe as we can and accept the risk that will always be there at every track, regardless of what kind of racing your watching.

Since: May 08

Temperance, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2009

Judged:

I still could enjoy NASCAR without Tallageda. It's not what I would call racing anyway.
Stephanie

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2009

Send him a dose of swine flu. Thin out the bored journalist one at a time.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Bill Riley/EddieD'Hondt Discussions

Search the Bill Riley/EddieD'Hondt Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Gatti's wife accused in his slaying (Jul '09) Dec '12 JanetPlanet 51
50 Most Annoying Things in NASCAR (Aug '11) Sep '11 WWE CRASHCAR 2011 14
English Tradition (Aug '11) Aug '11 waid green 1
Teresa M. Stump (Oct '09) Oct '09 Tim Covey 1
RAB Racing counting on NASCAR veteran David Gre... (Sep '09) Sep '09 carolyn from fontana 1
Busch brothers top qualifying for NASCAR race (Feb '09) Aug '09 Stacy the house broker 14
Bristol blog (Apr '09) Jun '09 BrisDull 3
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••