TRUCKS: Lester Out, Monteith in No. 1...

TRUCKS: Lester Out, Monteith in No. 15 Chevy at Bristol

There are 4 comments on the Speed Channel story from Aug 21, 2007, titled TRUCKS: Lester Out, Monteith in No. 15 Chevy at Bristol. In it, Speed Channel reports that:

“We still support Bill (Lester) and his efforts on the track and we are working diligently with him to locate a sponsor so that we can continue through the 2007 season and beyond”

TRUCKS: Lester Out, Monteith in No. 15 Chevy at Bristol Nate Monteith will take the wheel of the No. via Speed Channel

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Speed Channel.

uptownkid

AOL

#1 Sep 7, 2007
bill is a good role model for the sport but like everything else in nascar if they won,t sponsor you the owners don,t want you. kinda of unfair especially if your trying hard to win or atleast finish the race without wrecking. i hope bill gets a nextel ride.

Since: Apr 07

Chesterfield, MO

#2 Sep 7, 2007
Billy Balew is a car salesman. He is all about the money he can get to run his organization, no matter who he puts in the truck.

Unless Lester could bring lots of money to his operation, there was no way he was going to keep that seat.

Lester has gotten as much out of NASCAR as he is going to get because NASCAR has gotten as much out of him as they are going to. I would love to see Lester drive sportscars. That is where he started, and frankly that is where his true passion and ability would be better served. NASCAR is about money, and maybe sportscars are not the money maker that NASCAR is, even at the truck level.

If you have enough money Bill, go and win races and have fun in Grand-Am. Put NASCAR in your rearview mirror.
OldNascarFan

Dawsonville, GA

#3 Nov 16, 2007
NASCAR could find a way to keep him in a seat if they wanted to, and I think they should. No better role model could be found, and he is a good driver. He is intelligent, polished, soft spoken (maybe that's a problem)and capable - a perfect gentleman. If NASCAR really wants diversity, there is no better example.

Since: Apr 07

United States

#4 Nov 16, 2007
Look forward to seeing Lester in Grand American Sportscar full-time this coming year. In sportscar he is a proven champion and will have a good fan following.

Sportscar needs a minority presence as well, and there are some young African-American drivers supported by major teams who should make an impact in Cup/Busch/Truck in the next handful of years.

I agree with ONF that Bill has been a very capable representative and has amassed an impressive fan following and will be missed.

His NASCAR career is proof positive that NASCAR is moving in the right direction. His acceptance by the vast majority of NASCAR fans shows that the fans appriciate drivers who can drive, and represent the sport in a positive way.

Bill Lester is nothing but positive.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bill Lester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Metrodome new roof should be ready by Aug. 1 (Feb '11) Feb '11 Grandmaster G 22
News Blacks Still Find No Room In NASCAR (Mar '07) Feb '11 Lisaaa 8
News Rolex Series Team-By Team Pre-Race Analysis: Me... (Apr '08) Apr '08 Lets go racing 1
News Lester's NASCAR journey on detour (Jan '08) Feb '08 Joe Mess East Sid... 2
News Lester steals spotlight from Kahne (Mar '06) Apr '07 KASEYS GIRL 36
News Phila. Racing School Boosts Excitement for NASCAR (Feb '07) Feb '07 JC Hall III of Qu... 2
News NASCAR changing for the better (Mar '06) Feb '07 Cory Graham 21
More from around the web