Blacks Still Find No Room In NASCAR

Blacks Still Find No Room In NASCAR

There are 8 comments on the Booker Rising story from Mar 18, 2007, titled Blacks Still Find No Room In NASCAR. In it, Booker Rising reports that:

The exception is Juan Pablo Montoya, who is Hispanic. A year after Bill Lester became the first black driver to start a Cup race since 1986, he remains the only black competitor in any of NASCAR's top three ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Booker Rising.

Sean FitzGerald

Jackson, MI

#1 Mar 19, 2007
It's kinda sad. I grew up in Detroit, the white kid in a black hood. Every saturday I was wisked away to Mt Clemens race track, where no one looked like my friends. That was 40 years ago and I almost want to cry when I think about how that has not chaNGED
Boo Hoo

Lake Charles, LA

#2 Mar 19, 2007
NASCAR isn't government welfare. Get out there and earn it.
Wantedblackdrive rs

Carrollton, TX

#3 May 24, 2007
You get me the names of young Black drives that have the ability and we will invest in the development.
[email protected]

“BOO!!! Ya'll!”

Since: Apr 07

Las Cruces, NM

#4 May 24, 2007
Boo Hoo wrote:
Touching! Real compassionate, bigot!
Mike

Rex, GA

#5 May 24, 2007
Boo Hoo wrote:
Amen! If the black leaders of business wanted to get into NASCAR, they would invest money, find and train a driver and compete on Sundays.

I go to the NHRA tracks and there are plenty of blacks that compete and win. When they win they get full support of the whole crowd. Are they crying because they can't get a sponsor? No they go there just like any other racer and work hard at the sport.
Cardell Lawrence

United States

#6 Dec 6, 2007
response as to why no "black-drivers" are in Nascar ? I'll tell yu why...
Because I'm not there not, coming next year 2008.
Bobby Norfllet Racing. I wouldnt care if I were black or purple with a splash of yellow. I can be what I wana be, I work hard at it...
[email protected]
Wantedblackdrivers wrote:
You get me the names of young Black drives that have the ability and we will invest in the development.
[email protected]
Cardell Lawrence

United States

#7 Dec 6, 2007
I'm coming...Bobby Norfleet Racing. Would you like to get involved with our sponsors?

Tha names CArdell
Lisaaa

United States

#8 Feb 26, 2011
That is so sad. We should embrace our differences because That is what makes us strongerÂ…not our similarities!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bill Lester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Metrodome new roof should be ready by Aug. 1 (Feb '11) Feb '11 Grandmaster G 22
News Rolex Series Team-By Team Pre-Race Analysis: Me... (Apr '08) Apr '08 Lets go racing 1
News Lester's NASCAR journey on detour (Jan '08) Feb '08 Joe Mess East Sid... 2
News TRUCKS: Lester Out, Monteith in No. 15 Chevy at... (Sep '07) Nov '07 MarkL5 4
News Lester steals spotlight from Kahne (Mar '06) Apr '07 KASEYS GIRL 36
News Phila. Racing School Boosts Excitement for NASCAR (Feb '07) Feb '07 JC Hall III of Qu... 2
News NASCAR changing for the better (Mar '06) Feb '07 Cory Graham 21
More from around the web