Elliott blasts NASCAR over safety record

Elliott blasts NASCAR over safety record

There are 5 comments on the CBS SportsLine.com story from Oct 12, 2006, titled Elliott blasts NASCAR over safety record. In it, CBS SportsLine.com reports that:

Former NASCAR champion Bill Elliott has some tough words for the racing series on safety and its response to the 2001 death of Dale Earnhardt.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS SportsLine.com.

snow

Shelbyville, IN

#1 Oct 17, 2006
Why in the world did he wait over 5 years to produce his tough words? He should have spoke up
when this happened.
Hoping to Help

United States

#2 Oct 17, 2006
If you had been a long time fan of Bill's you would know that he has spoken out several times in the past regarding the safety issue. As fellow driver Jeff Burton recently stated, Bill is very opininated and as a long time driver his opinion should be respected. To my knowledge Bill has never held back when it comes to this issue. As a matter of fact he started wearing the HANS device a long time before most other drivers. He, like Jeff Burton, decided to take matters into their own hands and be proactive in their own safety rather than relying on NASCAR to be reactive.
BILT4ordTUF

AOL

#3 Oct 17, 2006
I read the book and it is Awesome. Bill is the Best and will remain so with me. What he says about safety does nothing but make absolute sense. Soft walls are great,ask the guy who last rammed into one. What took them so long???
John EMT-P

United States

#4 Oct 18, 2006
As a Medic, I am appalled at NASCAR for not having a travelling medical team. I have been speaking out on this for months now, and it is inconcievable to me why NASCAR spends big bucks on the stupid Car Of Tomorrow Program, and won't spend much money on driver safety.
1badmk8

Superior, WI

#5 Oct 18, 2006
John EMT-P wrote:
As a Medic, I am appalled at NASCAR for not having a travelling medical team. I have been speaking out on this for months now, and it is inconcievable to me why NASCAR spends big bucks on the stupid Car Of Tomorrow Program, and won't spend much money on driver safety.
isn't the COT built to be safer for the driver????

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bill Elliott Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Joseph William O'Byrne Jr. (Dec '13) Jan '17 mike 2
Tony Stewart's 2011 championship race win Nov '16 Angele 1
900 Nascar Races on DVD or VHS (Feb '07) Apr '16 GErrt 56
News Chase Elliott to graduate high school -- then b... (May '14) May '14 WWE CRASHCAR 2014 5
1000 Nascar Races on DVD (Aug '11) Dec '13 Tony Rogganbuck 3
News The most popular driver in NASCAR for 2013 is a (Apr '13) Apr '13 Bubba 16
Wanting to trade F1, IndyCar, NASCAR, etc (Mar '12) Mar '13 Mark 2
More from around the web