Petty, Gordon will be honored to mark...

Petty, Gordon will be honored to mark anniversary of one of NASCAR's most historic races

There are 1 comment on the CBS SportsLine story from Oct 26, 2007, titled Petty, Gordon will be honored to mark anniversary of one of NASCAR's most historic races. In it, CBS SportsLine reports that:

“It definitely wasn't the way I wanted to end it”

This Sunday will be the 15th anniversary of one of the most historic races in the 59-year history of NASCAR. via CBS SportsLine

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS SportsLine.

United States

#1 Oct 26, 2007
I was present at this race. Sitting at the old turn 1(now 3). Great race. Gordon first race, Petty last race( on fire of turn 3), and Bill, Davy, and Alan after a championship, it was an event I will never forget. We went to the Alabama concert for Richard Petty Farewell Tour. Thanks for Bill not doing one of those. Ricard Petty was good but one of the most vain racecar drivers of all time. Heck, during his heyday they were racing 50 races a year. No wonder he won 200. Did any body know that his 200 win was with an illegal motor? Lost money and points I think, but not the win. I think President Regan was at that race. I could be wrong about that not sure corret me if I am wrong. He did not win 201.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bill Elliott Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NASCAR, fans continue to wait for Chase Elliott... Jan '18 YeahPhart 6
News Dale Jr. has mixed emotions about Jimmie Johnso... Sep '17 WhatPhart 15
News Chase Elliott will switch from No. 24 to dad's ... (Aug '17) Aug '17 PraisePharting 4
News Joseph William O'Byrne Jr. (Dec '13) Jan '17 mike 2
Tony Stewart's 2011 championship race win (Nov '16) Nov '16 Angele 1
900 Nascar Races on DVD or VHS (Feb '07) Apr '16 GErrt 56
News Chase Elliott to graduate high school -- then b... (May '14) May '14 WWE CRASHCAR 2014 5