Earnhardt Jr. is NASCAR's most popula...

Earnhardt Jr. is NASCAR's most popular driver

There are 44 comments on the sportsillustrated.cnn.com story from Dec 4, 2009, titled Earnhardt Jr. is NASCAR's most popular driver. In it, sportsillustrated.cnn.com reports that:

Dale Earnhardt Jr. is NASCAR's most popular driver for the seventh consecutive year.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at sportsillustrated.cnn.com.

redrum

Malone, NY

#23 Dec 22, 2009
Hilton Head wrote:
<quoted text>That's not a title Dale Sr. would be proud of or even want.
I am only speaking the truth, suck it up now!

“Don't Tell Me, Show Me”

Since: Nov 07

Jacksonville, FL

#24 Dec 22, 2009
Brittany wrote:
you think so ?
Hey Brittany, what do you know about Jr dating under-age girls or him cheating in the 2001 Pepsi 400?
Hilton Head

Apopka, FL

#26 Dec 22, 2009
redrum wrote:
<quoted text>I am only speaking the truth, suck it up now!
What I am saying is Dale Senior could have cared less about being popular. He was a race car driver and being considered one of the best was all that mattered to him, especially among his peers. A certificate saying you are the most popular driver and a dollar might buy you a cup of coffee.

“How We Roll”

Since: Nov 08

Area 51, Nevada

#27 Dec 23, 2009
Hilton Head wrote:
<quoted text>What I am saying is Dale Senior could have cared less about being popular. He was a race car driver and being considered one of the best was all that mattered to him, especially among his peers. A certificate saying you are the most popular driver and a dollar might buy you a cup of coffee.
Very true - that guy had a ton of integrity. He left the same way he entered, with the same passion and determination. Its almost too bad he couldn't be around to run against that Hendrick team lol He'd have made life hard for them! LOL

Since: Dec 09

Tyrone, PA

#28 Dec 23, 2009
Dale didn't start out wanting to be "Most Popular". He just wanted to be able to spend time with his father, bond with him as all son's want. The only way to do that was by driving. Doing something that his father loved, respected. Unfortunaly they didn't have much time. After Seniors death is when Dale was really catapulted into the limelight. Everyone wanted a piece of him. Unfortunaly not because of Dale Jr, and his talent but because of his name, they were looking for a mini Senior. Something that Dale will never be. He inherited his fathers fans which placed more weight on his shoulders. More family members looked to him, NASCAR looked to him. DEI was now laid on the shoulders of a young man to carry. Do you realize how much weight that is? I, as an adult have trouble handling life. So here he is, what 27 years old carrying this heavy burden. He has become what others what him to be. His name has placed him on a pedestal. He is to carry/live up to a legend that he knows he never will. It's hard enough at time to live up to our parents expatations, let alone what must feel like the worlds. Some people say he doesn't deserve Most Popular because of his stats this year. The title is NOT "Best Driver" is it, NO. He's popular because people can relate to him. Working class people like myself. How would you handle it if you were in his shoes???

I'm a fan. I do not agree with some of the things he does in his personal life, however he is still my driver. And just for the record I was not a Senior Fan. I'm a TRUE Dale Jr fan.
Sparky

Lincolnton, NC

#29 Dec 23, 2009
My favorite driver is Freddy Flintstone. He would out run all you rednecks!!!
Hilton Head

Apopka, FL

#30 Dec 23, 2009
Everyone have a blessed Christmas and a happy healthy new year. Hope to see you February 14th.

Tyrone, PA

#31 Dec 23, 2009
Hilton Head wrote:
Everyone have a blessed Christmas and a happy healthy new year. Hope to see you February 14th.
Merry Christmas to you to
Jackson39

Princeton, WI

#32 Dec 23, 2009
Marry Christmas!!!!!
Jackson39

Princeton, WI

#33 Dec 23, 2009
That was supposed to me merry.

Tyrone, PA

#34 Dec 23, 2009
Jackson39 wrote:
That was supposed to me merry.
LOL... Starting to celebrate a little early.. are we.. Just joking.. Merry Christmas to you.

Tyrone, PA

#38 Dec 26, 2009
X Jr Fan wrote:
<quoted text>that is a miserable life Jr lives, laughing alway to the bank with the fan's money who think he is actually trying to win races
He does try to win races. There are times you can tell he is giving it is all. Others, not so much. When he gets frustrated he starts to fall apart. He said he likes getting fired up, getting frustrated helps him drive. It does to a point however only if things go HIS way. He has even stated this in interviews "If things don't go HIS he gets frustated". This is when he lets the frustration turns on him and he starts breaking down. I think that is when he starts saying the "car" is giving him issues. He needs to learn how to handle frustation when faced with it. Don't let it over come him, which I know can be very hard at times. Believe it or not, frustration can be used in a positive way.

Tyrone, PA

#40 Dec 27, 2009
X Jr Fan wrote:
<quoted text>when things don't go his way he quits on his team, it's the same thing as not trying
No, NOT TRYING means riding around and not even trying to advance his position, not taking risks to squeeze into a spot, not caring you come in 40th or 16th.

He trys, but some times, not all, sometimes I feel (IMO) that after he has tired all of this and can't seem to "get a head" in the field then frustation takes over and he gives up. He thinks "piss" on it, I can't do anymore. When if he would calm down, try another groove, try another style of driving he could win or get a better finish. Instead he lets the frustation take over and he hits the wall.

Now there are times that it is the car and it's not by choice.
When his engine blow up this year. He was having trouble with the car. HMS determined what happend but I can't remember off hand what the reason was.

Junir does try, however at times he gives up too easily...

Tyrone, PA

#42 Dec 28, 2009
X Jr Fan wrote:
<quoted text>you say he gets frustrated and gives up, that is the same thing as not trying
No it is not. I think we will have to agree we disagree on this matter.
Interesting

Clarion, PA

#43 Dec 28, 2009
Ladybug09 wrote:
<quoted text>
No it is not. I think we will have to agree we disagree on this matter.
Hey I get what you mean you said it very well and I totally agree with what you were saying and trying to tell the other poster.

“IN GOD WE TRUST”

Since: Jun 07

Raleigh

#44 Dec 29, 2009
Hilton Head wrote:
<quoted text>What I am saying is Dale Senior could have cared less about being popular. He was a race car driver and being considered one of the best was all that mattered to him, especially among his peers. A certificate saying you are the most popular driver and a dollar might buy you a cup of coffee.
I think Dale Sr. would have been honored to have been voted most popular driver. Behind the tough guy, crusty front that Sr. showed was a very gentle and caring person that few people knew about. Sr. was very private with what he did for others and charities that he helped. No matter though, the truth is that during his career he was "the" man regardless of some vote.
So what

Alexandria, VA

#45 Dec 29, 2009
So, he is most popular. BFD he needs to stop partying so much, stop worrying so much about what other idiots around him think and say, pull his head out of his ass and GET TO WORK if he ever hopes to win a race much less a championship. I mean really, his head is not in the game and has not been for a long, long, time.
And I agree with those that say Dale Earnhardt could have cared less if he was popular or not, winning was what was important to him not popularity.
WWE NASCAR

Florham Park, NJ

#46 Dec 29, 2009
Whoyakidding wrote:
<quoted text>I think Dale Sr. would have been honored to have been voted most popular driver. Behind the tough guy, crusty front that Sr. showed was a very gentle and caring person that few people knew about. Sr. was very private with what he did for others and charities that he helped. No matter though, the truth is that during his career he was "the" man regardless of some vote.
Please stop with the Dale Sr BS.
overr88ted

AOL

#47 Dec 29, 2009
richard petty is the man stats dont lie
88baby s

Benson, NC

#48 Jan 23, 2010
why does every little thing have to do with Dale Sr.u kno Jr. is his own person u kno Dale Sr. would be proud of Jr. no matter wat win or lose.i hate the fact people talk bout overeated he is or the fact that he hasnt won a race since 08 i wasnt a race fan when Sr. was alive i was a kid and i probally wouldnt understand but that beside the point.u kno ill always be a Jr. fan no matter wat i dont kno why alot of people enjoy talking bad bout him when he wasnt done anything to u.Dale Sr. may have won 7 in a row that doesnt mean Jr. cant i have FAITH.!!!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bill Elliott Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Chase Elliott to graduate high school -- then b... (May '14) May '14 WWE CRASHCAR 2014 5
1000 Nascar Races on DVD (Aug '11) Dec '13 Tony Rogganbuck 3
News Joseph William O'Byrne Jr. (Dec '13) Dec '13 Randy Jenkins 1
900 Nascar Races on DVD or VHS (Feb '07) Aug '13 TERRY 55
News The most popular driver in NASCAR for 2013 is a (Apr '13) Apr '13 Bubba 16
Wanting to trade F1, IndyCar, NASCAR, etc (Mar '12) Mar '13 Mark 2
Christmas Sale on Nascar Race DVDs 1000 Races (Nov '09) Mar '13 Matthew Gallimore 2
More from around the web