NASCAR: Schrader is OK with being ben...

NASCAR: Schrader is OK with being benched

There are 62 comments on the Kansas City Star story from May 17, 2007, titled NASCAR: Schrader is OK with being benched. In it, Kansas City Star reports that:

Ken Schrader has been on the receiving end of his share of bad news during his racing career.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Kansas City Star.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
j bond

Greensboro, NC

#1 May 18, 2007
hey thats great news for the Wood brothers !! with Bill's input they will be able to get the car set up for good finishes. the Wood brothes are winners and they just need to get the right people into the right places and obtaining Bill is a big big step in that direction .
Rocky

Auburn Hills, MI

#2 May 19, 2007
Bill is one of Nascars top qualifier of all time. If the car can be qulified Bill can do it, Good luck Bill
Barry

United States

#3 May 19, 2007
I'm excited about Bill racing again in the "cup",but what are his plans,after Charlotte.

“Smoke and the Rocketman”

Since: Jan 07

United States

#4 May 19, 2007
Kenny races enough each week anyhow.. he's a good man..hope they can get on track with that car for Jon's future
junior 2003

United States

#5 May 19, 2007
I'm not to sure that hiring some one that has been retired is the answer and at Bills age is what the Woods boys need. I know he was great in his day but I also know what it is like to loose a step. I have raced sprint cars a long time and even those that stay active in the drivers seat loose a little. I think they should concentrate on a younger driver but not a kid.

“Do what you must!”

Since: Dec 06

Brooklyn, New York

#6 May 19, 2007
I think that the only reasons that Bill Elliot is in the #21 car is because of his past championship provisional. So if they do not get in on qualifying speed, the #21 team can use that to fall back on,since DJ used up his provisional. I do think that Bill Elliot would be a good mentor for John wood.
67comet

Japan

#7 May 20, 2007
Wow that's going to bring back some memories. Seeing Bill driving an old school team run Ford. I love seeing it, but I liked Schrader too. Hopefully Bill still has an edge and can swing some points for the team.

I feel that Wood Bros seems to still be a little too old school to be competitive in todays NASCAR, but I love seeing them out there none the less.
TB CHIEF

Decatur, IL

#8 May 20, 2007
I just don't get it. When these guys retire they really don't. Anyway, I really like Bill and Kenny but I don't see any difference or advantage they are going to gain. You replacing one old driver with another old driver that has been out of action for quite a while. I agree with the post above that said go get an experienced driver instead of sorry to say an old has been. I hope Bill does not embarass himself.
nascar fan

Hoschton, GA

#9 May 20, 2007
I think its a good move for the WOOD BROS,Bill can still race ,I think he might be even a top 20?
Rocky

Auburn Hills, MI

#10 May 20, 2007
all Bill needs is a car that is set up to handle and he can stay with all the young guns no matter its the car stupid not the driver
TB CHIEF

Decatur, IL

#11 May 20, 2007
Rocky wrote:
all Bill needs is a car that is set up to handle and he can stay with all the young guns no matter its the car stupid not the driver
Who are you calling stupid? If you don't think there is any difference between an old driver and a young one then why do they retire? Everyone knows that as you get older you lose some of the physical abilities that you had when you were younger. Yes, A good car makes alot of difference but there is difference in drivers and their ages. Bill Elliot had a great career but he should stay retired Stupid!

“BOO!!! Ya'll!”

Since: Apr 07

Las Cruces, NM

#12 May 20, 2007
Rocky wrote:
Bad move tadpole calling TB stupid!!!

“BOO!!! Ya'll!”

Las Cruces, NM

#13 May 20, 2007
Debi Does wrote:
Kenny races enough each week anyhow.. he's a good man..hope they can get on track with that car for Jon's future
Jesus, I thought we were rid of you!!!
nascar fan North Ga

Hoschton, GA

#14 May 21, 2007
I am just glad to see Bill race,its not 1987 but I Think he will be decent in the 600. the busch race maybe too.
chad

Lenoir City, TN

#15 May 21, 2007
hey stupid get off bills back .you could not drive his sons go cart.chase is bills future.we all know that stupid.
Andre Nickatina

Woodland Hills, CA

#16 May 21, 2007
I think older drivers have a major advantage becuase they have driven on the courses a lot more. They have slightly better eyesight too if they've eaten their beta carotein pills that NASCAR mandates them to. I never raced but I think old people are excellent drivers. Plus it's always the younger guys who crash, always. Old people only crash if there's a Farmers Market or something.

“BOO!!! Ya'll!”

Las Cruces, NM

#17 May 21, 2007
TB CHIEF wrote:
<quoted text>Who are you calling stupid? If you don't think there is any difference between an old driver and a young one then why do they retire? Everyone knows that as you get older you lose some of the physical abilities that you had when you were younger. Yes, A good car makes alot of difference but there is difference in drivers and their ages. Bill Elliot had a great career but he should stay retired Stupid!
Do you remember when I defended you ???
TB CHIEF

Decatur, IL

#18 May 21, 2007
mrbreeze wrote:
<quoted text>Do you remember when I defended you ???
No I don't. Please enlighten me.

“BOO!!! Ya'll!”

Las Cruces, NM

#19 May 22, 2007
TB CHIEF wrote:
<quoted text>No I don't. Please enlighten me.
Do you ever read any positive posts or just scan over them to see if they may be negative, then move on? I'm not your deckhand, go look the posts up yourself! Tow boat boy!
TB CHIEF

Decatur, IL

#20 May 22, 2007
mrbreeze wrote:
<quoted text>Do you ever read any positive posts or just scan over them to see if they may be negative, then move on? I'm not your deckhand, go look the posts up yourself! Tow boat boy!
I don't have any deckhands. I have an Assistant engineer who is on duty when I am Off sleeping. The Mate has the deckhands. Wrong Department! Sorry! For someone who researched my profession you sure didn't learn much. You must really be intrigued by what I do. You sure seem to talk about it alot. Do you need a job? I could probably hook you up.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bill Elliott Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Joseph William O'Byrne Jr. (Dec '13) Jan '17 mike 2
Tony Stewart's 2011 championship race win Nov '16 Angele 1
900 Nascar Races on DVD or VHS (Feb '07) Apr '16 GErrt 56
News Chase Elliott to graduate high school -- then b... (May '14) May '14 WWE CRASHCAR 2014 5
1000 Nascar Races on DVD (Aug '11) Dec '13 Tony Rogganbuck 3
News The most popular driver in NASCAR for 2013 is a (Apr '13) Apr '13 Bubba 16
Wanting to trade F1, IndyCar, NASCAR, etc (Mar '12) Mar '13 Mark 2
More from around the web