Riggs disagrees with stiff penalties

May 31, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: ESPN

Scott Riggs believes NASCAR blew the call. Riggs said the penalties levied against Haas-CNC Motorsports for alterations to its new car were too steep.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 7 of7
jmshan

Florence, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2008

NASCAR has lost it. Penalties are definitely too harsh but I guess that's the only way they can justify the COT junk that they have forced on the teams. I find it hard to believe that the car manufacturers continue to support this sham. There is no way the Win on Sunday, Buy on Monday can apply anymore. Pouring money into this poor example of racing only shows the mental condition of the current manufacturers and the continuing decline in GM, Ford and Chrysler sales. The France family should be ashamed what they have done to what the Good Ol' Boys started.
Shimit Queen

Pensacola, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2008

Well, They have said numerous times not to mess with the COT. I think they deserved this penalty.
THE SHADOW

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2008

Judged:

NASCAR IS NOT NASCAR ANYMORE. IT USED TO BE FORD, CHEVY, PONTIAC, PLYMOUTH, DODGE,HUDSON,AND SO ON, THAT WOULD RACE,(REAL CARS) THAT YOU COULD BUY OFF THE SHOW ROOM FLOOR. WITH ENGINES THAT YOU COULD DO WITH WHATEVER YOU COULD TO WIN A RACE. IT WAS ALOT CHEEPER TO RACE THEN WHAT NASCAR WOULD SELL TO CAR OWNERS NOW. SURE I WOULD KEEP ALL THE SAFETY EQUIPMENT THE CARS NOW HAVE BUT LETS GO BACK TO RACING THE CARS THAT NORMAL PEOPLE COULD BUY FROM THE CAR DEALERS. WHEN I WAS YOUNGER I WOULD DRIVE OR BUY THE FASTEST CAR RUNNING AT THE TIME. I DON'T KNOW HOW THE CAR MANUFACTURE NOW DAYS WOULD SAY THAT WAS OUR CAR THAT WON THE RACE JUST BECAUSE IT HAD THE NAME CHEVY, FORD,OR DODGE ON IT,(CAN YOU BUY THE WINNING CAR FROM A CAR DEALER?) NO YOU CAN'T. IN MY OPINION THE CAR MANUFACTURERS ARE WAISTING THEIR MONEY ON THESE CARS RACING NOW.
Shimit Queen

Pensacola, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2008

Judged:

THE SHADOW wrote:
NASCAR IS NOT NASCAR ANYMORE. IT USED TO BE FORD, CHEVY, PONTIAC, PLYMOUTH, DODGE,HUDSON,AND SO ON, THAT WOULD RACE,(REAL CARS) THAT YOU COULD BUY OFF THE SHOW ROOM FLOOR. WITH ENGINES THAT YOU COULD DO WITH WHATEVER YOU COULD TO WIN A RACE. IT WAS ALOT CHEEPER TO RACE THEN WHAT NASCAR WOULD SELL TO CAR OWNERS NOW. SURE I WOULD KEEP ALL THE SAFETY EQUIPMENT THE CARS NOW HAVE BUT LETS GO BACK TO RACING THE CARS THAT NORMAL PEOPLE COULD BUY FROM THE CAR DEALERS. WHEN I WAS YOUNGER I WOULD DRIVE OR BUY THE FASTEST CAR RUNNING AT THE TIME. I DON'T KNOW HOW THE CAR MANUFACTURE NOW DAYS WOULD SAY THAT WAS OUR CAR THAT WON THE RACE JUST BECAUSE IT HAD THE NAME CHEVY, FORD,OR DODGE ON IT,(CAN YOU BUY THE WINNING CAR FROM A CAR DEALER?) NO YOU CAN'T. IN MY OPINION THE CAR MANUFACTURERS ARE WAISTING THEIR MONEY ON THESE CARS RACING NOW.
Yes you can. Toyota, Chevy Ford, Dodge. may not be the same as the COT but it's the same make, regardless. There is a little thing called the remote, if you don't want to watch it, change the channel.

“It's a catastrophic success”

Since: Apr 08

28th star on the flag

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2008

Judged:

Shimit Queen wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes you can. Toyota, Chevy Ford, Dodge. may not be the same as the COT but it's the same make, regardless. There is a little thing called the remote, if you don't want to watch it, change the channel.
He did have a point to a degree...I remeber watching the old Nascar days when the cars were 2 door...sure you can buy the cars that are running now..but a 4 door...come on this aint real racing..
Shimit Queen

Pensacola, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2008

Average joe is doomed wrote:
<quoted text>
He did have a point to a degree...I remeber watching the old Nascar days when the cars were 2 door...sure you can buy the cars that are running now..but a 4 door...come on this aint real racing..
Sadly, yes.

Since: Jan 07

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2008

THE SHADOW wrote:
The world is changing and we have to change with it. You know that we have cell phones now?! If you can't accept change, don't bother watching

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 7 of7
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Bill Elliott Discussions

Search the Bill Elliott Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
1000 Nascar Races on DVD (Aug '11) Dec '13 Tony Rogganbuck 3
Joseph William O'Byrne Jr. Dec '13 Randy Jenkins 1
900 Nascar Races on DVD or VHS (Feb '07) Aug '13 TERRY 55
The most popular driver in NASCAR for 2013 is a (Apr '13) Apr '13 Bubba 16
Wanting to trade F1, IndyCar, NASCAR, etc (Mar '12) Mar '13 Mark 2
Christmas Sale on Nascar Race DVDs 1000 Races (Nov '09) Mar '13 Matthew Gallimore 2
Over-40 drivers: Jeff Gordon, Tony Stewart, oth... (Jan '13) Feb '13 Carolyn 58
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••