News and notes

News and notes

There are 6 comments on the PilotOnline.com story from Jan 4, 2008, titled News and notes. In it, PilotOnline.com reports that:

Bill Elliott will be back for the Wood Brothers. The team announced Friday that Elliott will drive the No. via PilotOnline.com

Join the discussion below, or Read more at PilotOnline.com.

CND BILL FAN

Woodstock, Canada

#1 Jan 4, 2008
I hope he has a good speed weeks for the 21 team.
Any word on the rest of the year?
Junior Nation

Cocoa, FL

#2 Jan 4, 2008
You know this could be very interesting. Since only 1 provisional is awarded in each race it could put a huge damper on DJ in the 44. MWR was hoping to use that provisional to get the 44 in the 1st 5 races in hopes to get it in the top 35 before Ruedi takes over it.

I like Ruedi so I hope it all works out for him.

“IN GOD WE TRUST”

Since: Jun 07

Raleigh

#3 Jan 4, 2008
Well, the picking order for the past champions provisional would be Busch, Jarrett and Elliott. In that order, so the only time Jarrett would be in trouble would be if Busch didn't qualify on speed, which could happen. Unlikely, but could happen. Jarrett should have the advantage but I wouldn't bet the farm on either one.
Junior Nation

Cocoa, FL

#4 Jan 4, 2008
Whoyakidding wrote:
Well, the picking order for the past champions provisional would be Busch, Jarrett and Elliott. In that order, so the only time Jarrett would be in trouble would be if Busch didn't qualify on speed, which could happen. Unlikely, but could happen. Jarrett should have the advantage but I wouldn't bet the farm on either one.
I don't agree with Penske giving the owner points to Hornish but I guess he has that right. I think that if a new driver comes in in a new car then they should pay their dues and work their way in. It shouldn't be handed over to them on a silver platter. It sure would be a kick in the butt to Busch if he had a really bad start to the season and didn't get into the top 35 and ran out of provisionals.
Rocky

Auburn Hills, MI

#5 Jan 7, 2008
I retired the last race of the year last year, Bill's Last race. I guess I will see one more race before Bill and I hang it up. There is absolutely no one in Nascar I care to even watch other than Bill. When Bill stops so do I. I am thrilled Bll will Race at Daytona this year. GO Bill
CND BILL FAN

London, Canada

#6 Jan 7, 2008
Rocky wrote:
I retired the last race of the year last year, Bill's Last race. I guess I will see one more race before Bill and I hang it up. There is absolutely no one in Nascar I care to even watch other than Bill. When Bill stops so do I. I am thrilled Bll will Race at Daytona this year. GO Bill
Rocky, I'm with you man. Awesome Bill has been a family favourite since the early 80's. I hope he does a good job for the 21 team.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bill Elliott Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Chase Elliott to graduate high school -- then b... (May '14) May '14 WWE CRASHCAR 2014 5
1000 Nascar Races on DVD (Aug '11) Dec '13 Tony Rogganbuck 3
News Joseph William O'Byrne Jr. (Dec '13) Dec '13 Randy Jenkins 1
900 Nascar Races on DVD or VHS (Feb '07) Aug '13 TERRY 55
News The most popular driver in NASCAR for 2013 is a (Apr '13) Apr '13 Bubba 16
Wanting to trade F1, IndyCar, NASCAR, etc (Mar '12) Mar '13 Mark 2
Christmas Sale on Nascar Race DVDs 1000 Races (Nov '09) Mar '13 Matthew Gallimore 2
More from around the web