NASCAR's most popular driver? Still E...

NASCAR's most popular driver? Still Earnhardt Jr.

There are 7 comments on the SI.com story from Dec 2, 2010, titled NASCAR's most popular driver? Still Earnhardt Jr.. In it, SI.com reports that:

Dale Earnhardt Jr. won NASCAR's most popular driver award for the eighth consecutive year Thursday, and thanked his loyal fan base for supporting him through another disappointing season.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at SI.com.

barr

Temperance, MI

#1 Dec 2, 2010
he and his fans ought to be embarrassed. He isn't even a competitive driver and never has been. This is such a joke.
SWard

Long Beach, CA

#2 Dec 2, 2010
Well barr, Im not embarrassed, Im proud to be a Jr fan. Yeah, hes not done so good in a long while but hes the driver I pull for. Im sure you have your favorite and I hope he does well next year. And no, its no joke. its real, its damn real, Jr is NASCARs most popular driver, I think what, 8 times in a row!! It would be my wish that it would be 8 championships in a row but that aint the reality of it. Jr had to have some kind of competiveness to be in the top 12 earlier in the year, only to fall back, and then drove his way back up into the chase only to wind up 25th for the year, so that makes him 25th best for now. JJ is the best right now, hes the champ. We Earnhardt fans are well aware of how Jrs been running, we are being real about it, but we still pull for him to win, thats the fan concept. Where did your driver finish for the year? Better than 25th I hope, you have a nice evening barr, and just be real man..........JR is NASCARs most popular driver, voted that award by NASCAR fans, you just gotta live with it!!!!!!!!!!
Not a Junior Fan

Kent, WA

#3 Dec 3, 2010
I happen to agree - the fan favorite does not have to be the best driver. I don't think that you should have to like a driver based on their skills alone. I can't stand Jimmie Johnson and he is a great driver - he is just boring. I don't really like Junior but he has his fan. The only thing I wish is that his fans would be respectful of the non-Junior fans. We all don't have to like him.
jrw

Glen Burnie, MD

#4 Dec 3, 2010
Congrats on #8 NMPD award Dale Jr.:-)
SWard

Long Beach, CA

#5 Dec 3, 2010
Not a Junior Fan wrote:
I happen to agree - the fan favorite does not have to be the best driver. I don't think that you should have to like a driver based on their skills alone. I can't stand Jimmie Johnson and he is a great driver - he is just boring. I don't really like Junior but he has his fan. The only thing I wish is that his fans would be respectful of the non-Junior fans. We all don't have to like him.
And I agree with you!!! I try real hard to be respectful to folks that like other drivers, Heck, Jr aint the only one I like, there are a handful of drivers that I will pull for, in one circumstance or another, like, Jrs 3 laps down and there is 40 laps left, my nature is to pull for whoever is up front battl;ing for the win, and no its not all Hendricks cars either, and not all Chevys, there are some good alternatives if Jr aint doing so good and unfortunatley Ive had to use them a lot. But still Im Jrs fan and will watch and hope he does better next week. I apologize for my part in mouthing back at non Jr fans but they write some pretty harsh trash about ol Jr, and sometimes it gets this old mans blood runnin hot. We all should be more respectful to each others choice for a stockcar driver to pull for, it dang sure aint worth lettin the hate prevail, its just stockcar racin. And we all like it!!!!!!!!!
You get over it

Katy, TX

#6 Dec 5, 2010
SWard wrote:
Well barr, Im not embarrassed, Im proud to be a Jr fan. Yeah, hes not done so good in a long while but hes the driver I pull for. Im sure you have your favorite and I hope he does well next year. And no, its no joke. its real, its damn real, Jr is NASCARs most popular driver, I think what, 8 times in a row!! It would be my wish that it would be 8 championships in a row but that aint the reality of it. Jr had to have some kind of competiveness to be in the top 12 earlier in the year, only to fall back, and then drove his way back up into the chase only to wind up 25th for the year, so that makes him 25th best for now. JJ is the best right now, hes the champ. We Earnhardt fans are well aware of how Jrs been running, we are being real about it, but we still pull for him to win, thats the fan concept. Where did your driver finish for the year? Better than 25th I hope, you have a nice evening barr, and just be real man..........JR is NASCARs most popular driver, voted that award by NASCAR fans, you just gotta live with it!!!!!!!!!!
Guess you're not as big a JR fan as you want to believe you are considering that JR ended the 2010 season in the 21st position. He was 25th in the 2009 season.

MPD (Most PATHETIC Driver) for another year, at least JR's winning something.
Wang

Greenwood, SC

#7 Dec 5, 2010
SWard wrote:
Youl post, on many revers, indicate you and Dare Jl. deselve each othel.

You have wish?

Ancient plovelb say: "Gleat sours have wirr, feebre ones have only wishes."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Benny Gordon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Racer LeFeuvre inducted into Motorsport Hall of... (Jun '10) Aug 16 NewsPhartse 8
News Tandem drafting not what it's cracked up to be (Apr '11) Apr '12 Ezra D 5
News Stenhouse earns 1st win of 2012 at Las Vegas (Mar '12) Mar '12 Jorge 1
News Grubb making all the right calls for Stewart (Sep '11) Sep '11 Merv 1
News Smoked 'Em Again: Stewart goes back-to-back, fo... (Sep '11) Sep '11 Hilton Head 1
News NASCAR: Johnson starts bid for 6th title under ... (Sep '11) Sep '11 Sorry 2
News Earnhardt can't raise interest in NASCAR's titl... (Sep '11) Sep '11 WWE CRASHCAR 2011 4
More from around the web