Black driver could change the face of NASCAR

Feb 9, 2013 Full story: WUSA-TV Washington 13

NASCAR's best hope for a successful African-American driver isn't shying from the magnitude of what he could accomplish.

Full Story
duh1

Columbus, OH

#1 Feb 9, 2013
as long as he doesn't get an attitude that drivers & others should yield to him just because of his color.
Hilton Head

Deland, FL

#2 Feb 10, 2013
duh1 wrote:
as long as he doesn't get an attitude that drivers & others should yield to him just because of his color.
That's all we would need is Sharpton and Jackson marching on the oval.
shortcut

Farley, IA

#3 Feb 11, 2013
UGHHH!!!!
ThomasA

Birmingham, AL

#4 Mar 8, 2013
Anyone is welcome to the sport using their ability as a driver for media attention BUT Junior,Junior Junior, Woman,Woman,Woman, and soon it will be Black,Black,Black. If Big Bad Nascar wants to do something constructive for once for the sport,instead of censoring the drivers, censor the media coverage. They control everything else so they should put the heavy hand down on the reporters not to mention Race,Creed,Color,Sex in any future broadcasts. They are DRIVERS, period!

“RaiderNation of Domination”

Since: May 07

Some West Texas County

#5 Mar 8, 2013
ThomasA wrote:
Anyone is welcome to the sport using their ability as a driver for media attention BUT Junior,Junior Junior, Woman,Woman,Woman, and soon it will be Black,Black,Black. If Big Bad Nascar wants to do something constructive for once for the sport,instead of censoring the drivers, censor the media coverage. They control everything else so they should put the heavy hand down on the reporters not to mention Race,Creed,Color,Sex in any future broadcasts. They are DRIVERS, period!
I agree that anybody is welcome to Nascar as long as they have what it takes as a driver...Dale Jr is an average Nascar driver at best. He is nowhere near the legend that Dale Sr was. Danica was average in IndyCar at best, but hasn't really shown anything in Nascar yet. I think in this day in age, Blacks have become more racist than Whites...All it takes is one complaint from the NAACP and they will have to get a black driver no matter how good or bad he is.
Duh huh1

Winchester, VA

#6 Mar 10, 2013
What is he gonna put "swag" back in his car and put 24-inch dubs with a booming system? The only time a black can "race" is if he's running from the po-po cuz he did a drive-by shooting of a rival gangbangers house. Word.
former fan by by nascar

Gainesville, GA

#7 Mar 10, 2013
hmmmm. Did someone say "Affirmative Action" I'm not sayen... I'm just sayen.
acrim

Manhattan Beach, CA

#8 Mar 10, 2013
"best hope"? Why would anyone hope for this? Who cares!
Just wondering

Newark, OH

#9 Mar 10, 2013
We have hispanic crivers and women drivers in nascar sprint cup level. I dno't think it is Nascar, folks. Danica and Montoya were driving in other races before going to Nascar. Are there any black drivers in the Arca series or on the Home Tracks? Like other sports, I think you got to grow up really wanting to do nothing else but that. Are blacks racing in other series?
Grandpaw Whitey

United States

#10 Mar 21, 2013
I want a all black gay team. They will pack some fudge.
WWE CRASHCAR 2013

Florham Park, NJ

#11 Mar 21, 2013
NASCAR doesn't need anymore affirmative action, they already have Jr and Danica getting free rides.

Since: Feb 12

Scotts Hill, TN

#12 Mar 21, 2013
There'll be a black that will earn a chance and will do well. There is one now that has the ability, but his dad has shot his mouth off about pit talk he 'over heard' in another class. Tells you where that is headed. 43 cars an a track ain't got no time for that bs.
Grandpaw Whitey

Jackson, MS

#13 Mar 22, 2013
no1hd wrote:
There'll be a black that will earn a chance and will do well. There is one now that has the ability, but his dad has shot his mouth off about pit talk he 'over heard' in another class. Tells you where that is headed. 43 cars an a track ain't got no time for that bs.
Yes he will do well. SAMECAR will make sure of that. Just like Danica on the pole at Tona, ratings went up,to bad she "sucks" at racing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Auggie Vidovich Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NASCAR's Busch eager to try "Double" again May '14 Hilton Head 1
Kyle Busch dominates in Trucks for Kansas win May '14 kyle fan 2
Wallace Jr. offers advice for next NASCAR Next ... (Apr '14) Apr '14 carl 1
NASCAR Nationwide Series Struggling to Fill Fie... (Mar '14) Apr '14 Hilton Head 23
Roush Fenway Racing Celebrates the Ford Mustang... (Apr '14) Apr '14 Joe Dugan 1
Rising teen driver Kwasniewski comes home to Vegas (Mar '14) Mar '14 Mrs berry 1
Dale Jarrett relishes joining father Ned in NAS... (Jan '14) Jan '14 Jusy_Sayn 1

Auggie Vidovich People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE