Jack Roush: NASCAR needs to get tougher

Apr 27, 2009 | Posted by: Shut up n drive | Full story: blog.al.com

What happened Sunday when Carl Edwards' Ford went airborne and into the catch-fence on the final lap of the Aaron's 499 at Talladega Superspeedway could be categorized in the old cliche of "a racing deal." To team owner Jack Roush, how racing deals with it is crucial.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 10 of10
Ron Jeske

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2009

Judged:

In truth, Kenseth was pushing too much during the first part of the race. He needs to listen to his spotter and that guy has to watch his driver. Gordon was on his own line and Kenseth pushed the envelope too early, trying to thread his way between cars. End result - a wreck worth millions.
a Real Fan

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2009

Ron must have been watching a different race
Sharon

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2009

He better get bigger if he's going to be tougher.
rick

Scarborough, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2009

if i was the sponsor on carl edwards car i would break that contract right know,carl did the same thing last year. if your getting 20-30 million to put a car on the track the driver should not be a wimp and run around in 35th position all day because hes afraid of getting wrecked. i as a sponsor want to see my 20-30 mil investment up front for max exposure. one day jack will wake up and see what a whimp carl is

Since: May 08

Temperance, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2009

If they eliminate bump drafting and blocking at Talladega the stands will be empty. For some reason a lot of fans come to see the big one. I like to watch the racing but don't appreciate the wrecks.

“No mas pantalones”

Since: Apr 08

Obamageddon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2009

The cars do need to be spread out and penalizing the drivers is not the way to do it. NASCAR created this mess by emphasizing parity. The cars are now so even that on a track like Daytona and Talledega this is the racing we will see.
Mary

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2009

Of course if 2 Hendrick cars flipped we wouldn't hear a peep from Roush...

“IMAGINE no religion!”

Since: Feb 09

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2009

Judged:

Ron Jeske wrote:
In truth, Kenseth was pushing too much during the first part of the race. He needs to listen to his spotter and that guy has to watch his driver. Gordon was on his own line and Kenseth pushed the envelope too early, trying to thread his way between cars. End result - a wreck worth millions.
totally agree!

out of 5 drivers only 2 finished the race.

this is why jack wants to keep 5 cars. so he at least has a chance of one of them actually finishing a race!!!!!!!

dumbass bonehead move on matts part. not the first time either.
i have been to several dega races. and in those races its usally a roush driver causing a crash!
MustangGtCp

Augusta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2009

Judged:

Nascar keep messing with Daytona and Talladega until they will have someone kill and it won't be lone. Laugh at me or call me stupid but I have raced with my own cars and I drove those semi trucks for a living. I seen many accident to the point I can see what is about to happen. Every year it is a new rule at these tracks.I raced when you want to slow down a car you just change the gear ratio. Another thing they could do is change the motor compression ratio save money for the car owner. Make the drivers drive their way to win. Blocking goes with racing. The other dumb thing is the double yellow line rule how stupid and punish some and allow others to win because of this yellow line. Sound to me Nascar is the yellow one here. Over the years Nascar has change it all about money now not the sport it use to be. Carl Edward show me that he had guts and brains. Staying out of trouble then when he was wrecked then finished by crossing the line he as he could. At least Carl finish ahead of Kyle(Crybaby)Bush by his foot.
Jack Roush I agree with you. The rest of you all need to watch real race driver of days of old not this trash Nascar calls racing. Learn something from the old drivers who put their money where their month is! Driver against Drive Car against Car awe days of old, I sure miss those days of real racers.
Jack

Tallahassee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2009

The team needs to be stronger get rid of the drivers who can't drive. Kenseth and Mears.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 10 of10
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Ashton Lewis Jr. Discussions

Search the Ashton Lewis Jr. Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
April Fooled: NASCAR Hoax Causes Web Frenzy (Apr '09) Oct '11 brian929 136
Al Lesar: Stewart unplugged (Aug '11) Aug '11 ruttrosmokesmojo 1
Carl Edwards re-signs with Roush Fenway Racing (Aug '11) Aug '11 TexasRaider 5
Menard pulls off upset win at Indy (Jul '11) Aug '11 Whoyakidding 5
TD Bank 250: Busch banks win (Jul '11) Jul '11 Racing Granny 2
Pocky's Paddock: Kevin Harvick warned by NASCAR... (Jul '11) Jul '11 say what 8
Kentucky Cup NASCAR debut marred by traffic snarl (Jul '11) Jul '11 Hunglo 2
•••
•••