Report: DEI and Ganassi will merge teams in 2009

Nov 12, 2008 | Posted by: 14_Patti_18 | Full story: www.nascar.com

Teresa Earnhardt and Chip Ganassi will combine their slumping race teams next season, an effort to stabilize their organizations in a tough economic time, The Associated Press has learned.

Comments
1 - 9 of 9 Comments Last updated Nov 13, 2008

“Smoke Fan Forever!!!”

Since: Sep 07

Look to the Western Sky!!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2008

Do they think this really will work?

Otherwise what do you think of JPM being teammates with Martin Truex Jr.

Since: Jan 07

Charlotte NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2008

I think you are going to see a lot merging over the winter. Some of the 1 or 2 car teams are going to have to in order to survive.
legal20fan

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2008

that should be interesting to watch. They both seem to be pretty strong willed.
legal20fan

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2008

maine girl wrote:
I think you are going to see a lot merging over the winter.

Some of the 1 or 2 car teams are going to have to in order to survive.
Wonder what will happen to Robby Gordon's one man show?

“Smoke Fan Forever!!!”

Since: Sep 07

Look to the Western Sky!!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2008

legal20fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Wonder what will happen to Robby Gordon's one man show?
Good question, but he seems to have the funds to make it. Probably because his racing portfolio, his team, is diverse. He's got the whole desert racing thing and what not.

I think the same thing would go for Tony. He's got so much going on that he could probably make it through this ok.

I heard today on ESPN that Junior Johnson thinks it'll take four to five years for NASCAR to recover from this mess. Just means for me it's going to be less crowded at the track. Jillian Zucker is giving thank you tickets to everyone who bought their renewals early and on time, she even extended the renewal period. I get free tickets to the AMA events and NHRA events and great parking at the race. I guess that's the way to keep people coming to the track.

“Fan of racing”

Since: Dec 06

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2008

All I can say is Tony hit the nail on the head about DEI becoming a musuem. This is sad what she has done to DEI
Teacher20Fan

Stillwater, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2008

Luvin Smoke wrote:
All I can say is Tony hit the nail on the head about DEI becoming a musuem. This is sad what she has done to DEI
No matter what anyone thinks of Junior he is extremely popular with the fans and brought money to DEI. You also don't lose a big money sponsor like BUD and replace them quickly. She had the perfect situation and blew it because both of them were too stubborn.

“No Name, No Slogan”

Since: Jun 08

Dover, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2008

maine girl wrote:
I think you are going to see a lot merging over the winter. Some of the 1 or 2 car teams are going to have to in order to survive.
Hubby thinks Bill Davis--Dave Blaney's team owner--might have to merge with someone. They lost the CAT sponsorship.
Franklin Ratliff

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2008

Teacher20Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
No matter what anyone thinks of Junior he is extremely popular with the fans and brought money to DEI. You also don't lose a big money sponsor like BUD and replace them quickly. She had the perfect situation and blew it because both of them were too stubborn.
Teresa forgot DEI didn't begin with a T.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••