No. 8 could go to Mark Martin

There are 9 comments on the Aug 26, 2007, The Orlando Sentinel story titled No. 8 could go to Mark Martin. In it, The Orlando Sentinel reports that:

“If there's anyone who can represent Dale Earnhardt Inc. in the No. 8, it's Mark Martin”

The recent-hit NASCAR soap opera, 'Too Much Ado About the No. 8,' took a cliff-hanging turn Thursday, sure to hold audiences into next NASCAR season.

A little organ music, please: Will long-beloved Mark Martin and up-and-coming minority driver Aric Almirola come under storms of boos next NASCAR season, none of it their own doing?

Dale Earnhardt Inc., owned by Teresa Earnhardt, reportedly is exploring the possibility of making Martin and Almirola co-drivers, in a split schedule next year, of the No. 8 Chevrolet to be vacated at the end of this season by Dale Earnhardt Jr. Read more

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
JerseyDriver

Mullica Hill, NJ

#64 Sep 9, 2007
Mark Martin should have keep true to his word and retired!!! He is a has been....Living on respect. He was a great driver but his time is up. Take Dale Jarret and Ricky Rudd and all the other dinosaurs with him

“JRW 88 Fan 4 Life!!”

Since: Jul 07

EARNHARDTVILLE

#65 Sep 9, 2007
JerseyDriver wrote:
Mark Martin should have keep true to his word and retired!!! He is a has been....Living on respect. He was a great driver but his time is up. Take Dale Jarret and Ricky Rudd and all the other dinosaurs with him
Hold up now ! Ricky ,those guys aren't DINOSAURS!All the drivers get older its a part of life if ya live that long! Respect where it started! But must agree if you keep sayin you are retired then do it! FYI Ricky is finished after this yr! Now Mark thats another story!! have a nice day.

“JRW 88 Fan 4 Life!!”

Since: Jul 07

EARNHARDTVILLE

#66 Sep 9, 2007
Even Sr's slowing would have shown with all the new talent on the tracks today! Its a part of Racing, age!..jmo

“Whoo hoo! He did it!”

Since: Jan 07

Winchendon Ma

#67 Sep 9, 2007
Unfreakinbelieveable wrote:
I think it's cool Mark will drive the 8. I sure prefer that over mini dumbo ears.
LOL..mini dumbo ears..good one
JerseyDriver

Mullica Hill, NJ

#68 Sep 9, 2007
I respect what these guys gave to the sport, but lets look at DJ he survived and raced this year on past champions provisional and thats why he had a ride in a yota? ps I forgot to put michael waltrip on the list and since I am on my soap box his brother should hang it up from the press box too.
JerseyDriver

Mullica Hill, NJ

#69 Sep 9, 2007
Sr. would have retired a champion. Mark Martin on the other hand well..........lets just say he will retire..........someday....... ..I hope........maybe........

“DONT TREAD ON ME!!!!!!!!!!”

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

#70 Sep 9, 2007
JerseyDriver wrote:
I respect what these guys gave to the sport, but lets look at DJ he survived and raced this year on past champions provisional and thats why he had a ride in a yota? ps I forgot to put michael waltrip on the list and since I am on my soap box his brother should hang it up from the press box too.
now see i am going to have to disagree with you on that DW should retire from announcing for fox,he makes it more exciting for me,other announcers like rusty have no excitement when they talk,DW on the other hand is always excited.I like that.There a lot of announcers that make a lot of mistakes calling the race.
TB Chief

Decatur, IL

#72 Sep 9, 2007
Keith S wrote:
<quoted text>
now see i am going to have to disagree with you on that DW should retire from announcing for fox,he makes it more exciting for me,other announcers like rusty have no excitement when they talk,DW on the other hand is always excited.I like that.There a lot of announcers that make a lot of mistakes calling the race.
I agree with that. Fox Blows ABC/ESPN away. DW and Jeff Hammond make a pretty good duo. I did'nt really think so at first but after watchig and listening to the others they are way better than Rusty and his crew.

“JRW 88 Fan 4 Life!!”

Since: Jul 07

EARNHARDTVILLE

#73 Sep 9, 2007
JerseyDriver wrote:
Sr. would have retired a champion. Mark Martin on the other hand well..........lets just say he will retire..........someday....... ..I hope........maybe........
Oh, and I'll agree with you on this 100% for sure!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Aric Almirola Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News RPM's No. 43 returning to traditional "Petty Blue" (Mar '13) Mar '13 Duh1 1
News Jeffrey Earnhardt Out Of Dale Earnhardt Inc. Ca... (Sep '08) Feb '13 Gman 26
News Richard Petty: Still King of NASCAR at 75 | Photos (Jul '12) Jul '12 Sorry Charlie 17
News Richard Petty tabs Almirola to drive famed No. 43 (Jan '12) Jan '12 Grogan 4
News Bodine outsmarts Busch for Trucks race victory (Sep '10) Sep '10 Carl 1
News Jimmie Johnson ready to rush home if baby's on way (Jun '10) Jun '10 alpinedigital 3
News FIFTH GEAR: Last place warrants NASCAR inspection (Mar '10) Mar '10 Brent Sexton 2
More from around the web