Late Saturday: Almirola gets win with...

Late Saturday: Almirola gets win without finishing

There are 1 comment on the Charlotte.com story from Jun 24, 2007, titled Late Saturday: Almirola gets win without finishing. In it, Charlotte.com reports that:

Aric Almirola might have been the unhappiest winner in recent memory after Saturday's Busch Series event at the Milwaukee Mile, leaving Joe Gibbs Racing President J.D. Gibbs trying to explain things Sunday at ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Charlotte.com.

checkerdpast1

Grosse Ile, MI

#1 Jun 25, 2007
Yeah, sure, they'll give him another shot. When hell freezes over. What happened to the highly principled, holier than thou, uber moral JGR? They take a kid, give him a shot and then pull the rug out from otherneath him.
I lost a lot of respect for JGR after that deal. Also, no one seems to be accepting the responsibility for actually pulling the kid from the car. JD Gibbs said it was a team decision, then he changed the story, I have't heard anyone from Rockwell saying that they demanded the change and no one really wants to talk about it. I expected more from an organization that purportedly has such high moral standards that they wouldn't accept Dale Jr. and Budweiser because it wouldn't fit their "family oriented" business. What a load that is. I don't know what kind of contract Amilrola has with JGR, but I look for him somewhere else in 2008. Hopefully with a team that supports him8371

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Aric Almirola Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NASCAR Mailbag - Dale Jr.'s chances of making t... Aug '17 ThesePhartse 20
News RPM's No. 43 returning to traditional "Petty Blue" (Mar '13) Mar '13 Duh1 1
News Jeffrey Earnhardt Out Of Dale Earnhardt Inc. Ca... (Sep '08) Feb '13 Gman 26
News Richard Petty: Still King of NASCAR at 75 | Photos (Jul '12) Jul '12 Sorry Charlie 17
News Richard Petty tabs Almirola to drive famed No. 43 (Jan '12) Jan '12 Grogan 4
News Bodine outsmarts Busch for Trucks race victory (Sep '10) Sep '10 Carl 1
News Jimmie Johnson ready to rush home if baby's on way (Jun '10) Jun '10 alpinedigital 3
More from around the web