Motorsports Notebook: Truex-Dei union solid one?

Mar 29, 2008 Full story: www.topix.net 59

“I haven't gone down that road yet. I'm just focused on winning right now with my team and giving these guys everything I have.”

Does Martin Truex Jr.'s future lie with Dale Earnhardt Inc.?

Truex is in the third year of his contract with DEI, a deal which includes an option for 2009 that has been exercised by DEI but requires approval from Truex.

The upheaval at DEI -- including the departure of Dale Earnhardt Jr. and the additions of drivers Mark Martin, Aric Almirola and Regan Smith -- and Truex's slow start to 2008 have prompted questions about his future.

'I suspect he'll have a difficult year answering this question all year along as far as what he's going to do and where he's going to go,' Earnhardt Jr. said Friday at Martinsville Speedway. 'The only thing I can do for him is help him with that. He probably don't need my help, though, he's pretty focused.' Read more

Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
random

New York, NY

#1 Mar 31, 2008
Interesting short article for those who liked the Dale Jr/Martin Truex combo. I personally liked those guys as team mates and would love to see them together again.
Dalesgirl

United States

#2 Mar 31, 2008
I like Turex and the season is young. He can win a race or made the chase. He seems like a good driver. If he doesn't stay at DEI, I am sure someone will take him on.

Since: Mar 08

Gastonia, NC

#4 Mar 31, 2008
You don't think that Hendricks would let Casey go in order to bring Truex, Jr into the house do you?
christy88

United States

#6 Mar 31, 2008
Lovin 88 wrote:
You don't think that Hendricks would let Casey go in order to bring Truex, Jr into the house do you?
I don't know, I think casey is a good driver he has had just some bad luck lately. but you never know what could happen

Since: Mar 08

Gastonia, NC

#7 Mar 31, 2008
True; thinking about Kyle there was a lot of friction and I don't see that with Casey at all.
christy88

United States

#8 Mar 31, 2008
Yeah I think Kyle was alittle hard to get along with, I feel bad for Casey alot
3MAN

United States

#9 Mar 31, 2008
Lovin 88 wrote:
No, but RCR is looking for a 4th team,this would be good for Truex and RCR
Junior Nation

Orlando, FL

#10 Mar 31, 2008
3MAN wrote:
<quoted text>
No, but RCR is looking for a 4th team,this would be good for Truex and RCR
But I think RCR is looking at BL and BL is looking to leave Petty.
christy88

United States

#11 Mar 31, 2008
Junior Nation wrote:
<quoted text>
But I think RCR is looking at BL and BL is looking to leave Petty.
You think so, I thought he was happy at petty
Truex is no 1

Huntsville, MO

#12 Mar 31, 2008
hey guys don't dis truex i say hendrick boot casey or even jimmie or gordo cuz they suck this yearand make room for truex. if he goes to a team better than dei (which is damn near all of them) he'll win the title count on it
Dalesgirl

Cleveland, OH

#14 Mar 31, 2008
Lovin 88 wrote:
That's a long shot. I don't see him going to Hendricks at all.
montgomery

Luverne, AL

#15 Mar 31, 2008
Truex is no 1 wrote:
hey guys don't dis truex i say hendrick boot casey or even jimmie or gordo cuz they suck this yearand make room for truex. if he goes to a team better than dei (which is damn near all of them) he'll win the title count on it
nerver will happen. jimmy and jeff will retire at hendricks..
Dalesgirl

Cleveland, OH

#16 Mar 31, 2008
christy88 wrote:
<quoted text>
You think so, I thought he was happy at petty
He just might. You never know.
Truex is no 1

Huntsville, MO

#17 Mar 31, 2008
yeah 1st time this entire SEASON! last i checked jeff and jimmie were 9th and 10th yeah thats awesome who's jr. is with out a doubt the best driver in hendricks and he'll win it all in 08
Truex is no 1

Huntsville, MO

#19 Mar 31, 2008
yeah well we'll see who's cryin the blues after Texas now won't we?

“DONT TREAD ON ME!!!!!!!!!!”

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

#21 Apr 1, 2008
I personally do not see Truex leaving DEI. Since Jr left, he is the top dog. I think Truex likes being the center of attention at DEI.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#23 Apr 1, 2008
Keith S wrote:
I personally do not see Truex leaving DEI. Since Jr left, he is the top dog. I think Truex likes being the center of attention at DEI.
Yes I guess its a comfort to win 1 race and be top dog. Not to many top dogs in sprint cup have only won 1 race......

Location hidden

#24 Apr 1, 2008
snow wrote:
<quoted text>Yes I guess its a comfort to win 1 race and be top dog. Not to many top dogs in sprint cup have only won 1 race......
I agree with you on this one for sure. It just goes to show the lack of talent at DEI these days.

Location hidden

#25 Apr 1, 2008
Post above is not meant to show any disrespect toward MM.
Dalesgirl

Cleveland, OH

#26 Apr 1, 2008
Keith S wrote:
<quoted text> I agree with you on this one for sure. It just goes to show the lack of talent at DEI these days.
Did you read the articale about RCR and Petty?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Aric Almirola Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
RPM's No. 43 returning to traditional "Petty Blue" (Mar '13) Mar '13 Duh1 1
Jeffrey Earnhardt Out Of Dale Earnhardt Inc. Ca... (Sep '08) Feb '13 Gman 26
Richard Petty: Still King of NASCAR at 75 | Photos (Jul '12) Jul '12 Sorry Charlie 17
Richard Petty tabs Almirola to drive famed No. 43 (Jan '12) Jan '12 Grogan 4
Bodine outsmarts Busch for Trucks race victory (Sep '10) Sep '10 Carl 1
Jimmie Johnson ready to rush home if baby's on way (Jun '10) Jun '10 alpinedigital 3
FIFTH GEAR: Last place warrants NASCAR inspection (Mar '10) Mar '10 Brent Sexton 2

Aric Almirola People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE