Crew chief Ryan Pemberton leaves Dale Earnhardt Inc., Doug Richert to spell him on No. 8 team

Dec 11, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: CBS SportsLine

“Ryan is immensely talented and has always been sought-after”

Crew chief Ryan Pemberton has left Dale Earnhardt Inc., and the team said Doug Richert will replace him beginning Wednesday. via CBS SportsLine

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 11 of11
pavel fan

Howell, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2007

doug at dei that will be good
Junior Nation

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2007

Yet another DEI associate leaves. I wonder how long it is going to take for Teresa to realize she is running DEI in the ground. I pray she wakes up soon and gets this mess under control. I really want to see the late great Dale Sr's company succeed.

Since: Apr 07

Daytona Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2007

You could do a LOT worse than Doug Richert! He could make a difference at DEI.
Junior Nation

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2007

MarkL5 wrote:
You could do a LOT worse than Doug Richert! He could make a difference at DEI.
For DEI's sake I hope you're right but he sure didn't help Brian Vickers much.

Since: Apr 07

Daytona Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2007

Junior Nation wrote:
<quoted text>
For DEI's sake I hope you're right but he sure didn't help Brian Vickers much.
First year team
First year manufacturer

STEEP uphill climb. Ask Greg Biffle how good Doug Richart is. Please note the drop in peformance after the Richart/Biffle split.

If Dale Earnhardt could win a Cup Championship with Doug Richart as his crew chief, then I am sure that whomever he works for will have a proven, capable asset.

Doug's one of the best.
WWE NASCAR

Sandy Hook, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2007

No lose, crew chiefs like Ryan Pemberton are a dime a dozen.
Dalesgirl

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2007

Junior Nation wrote:
Yet another DEI associate leaves. I wonder how long it is going to take for Teresa to realize she is running DEI in the ground. I pray she wakes up soon and gets this mess under control. I really want to see the late great Dale Sr's company succeed.
Teresa isn't running DEI into the ground. She has made some good changes. And I don't think JR will let the company go under.
Junior Nation

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2007

Dalesgirl wrote:
<quoted text>
Teresa isn't running DEI into the ground. She has made some good changes. And I don't think JR will let the company go under.
Jr has no say in the matter. He doesn't work there anymore. Even when he did work there he didn't have any say in how the company should be run. That's the main reason he left.

I sure hope it works out for DEI!
Dalesgirl

San Marino, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2007

Jr, has said he will help her if she needs it, therefore, he will not let the company go under. No one knows what the future will hold. I will work out for DEI.
Dalesgirl

San Marino, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2007

I mean It will work out for DEI not me
Rod Osterlund

Coolidge, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2008

Good to see Doug with DEI. I think Theresa will need all of the help she can get. Martin Truax will give her a good driver and Doug will bring Regan along. Doug was schooled by one of the great set up mechanics in Jake Elder. No substitute for experience. Engineers and computers aside, they can only digest the info given them. Doug is a wealth of information.

Good luck Doug

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 11 of11
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••