Kyle Busch avoids wrecks, races to first victory Prelude To The Dream charity race

Jun 7, 2012 Full story: The Washington Post 13

Wrecks reduced the 26-car field to 15 cars for the final 16 laps of the Prelude To The Dream on the half-mile oval owned by Stewart.

Full Story
Hilton Head

Kissimmee, FL

#1 Jun 7, 2012
Cograts to Kyle on winning Eldora!

Results are below
Wednesday
At Eldora Speedway
Rossburg, Ohio
Lap length: half-mile
(Starting position in parentheses)

1.(2) Kyle Busch, 40

2.(9) Tony Stewart, 40

3.(4) Austin Dillon, 40

4.(8) Donny Schatz, 40

(6) Ryan Newman, 40

6.(10) Aric Almirola, 40

7.(18) Cruz Pedregon, 40

8.(20) Dave Blaney, 40

9.(5) Ty Dillon, 40

10.(22) Justin Allgaier, 40

11.(14) Jimmie Johnson, 40

12.(15) Kenny Wallace, 40

13.(16) Ray Evernham, 39

14.(19) Bill Elliott, 39

15.(25) Danica Patrick, 37

16.(1) Kasey Kahne, 24, Accident

17.(7) Bobby Labonte, 24, Accident

18.(12) Jason Leffler, 23, Mechanical

19.(3) Clint Bowyer, 22, Mechanical

20.(21) David Gilliland, 18, Mechanical

21.(23) Ron Capps, 3, Accident

22.(13) Tony Kanaan, 2, Mechanical

23.(24) J.J. Yeley, 2, Accident

24.(11) Kenny Schrader, 1, Accident

25.(17) Steve Kinser, 1, Accident

26.(26) Kurt Busch, DNS, Accident in Heat Race

Race Statistics

Winner's average speed: 51.211 mph

Time of race: 23:25.951

Margin of victory: 2.283 seconds

Lead changes: 3

Leaders: Kahne 1-12; Bowyer 13-21; Kahne 22-24; Ky. Busch 25-40
racefan

United States

#2 Jun 7, 2012
thank you for posting the results. Congrats to Kyle for winning. what happened to D Patrick??
CatRod53

Fort Wayne, IN

#3 Jun 7, 2012
Kyle Busch wins Prelude to the Dream: After knocking on the door to victory lane countless times in his five previous runs in the Prelude To The Dream at Eldora Speedway in Rossburg, Ohio, Kyle Busch finally broke through Wednesday night to score his first win in the all-star dirt Late Model race benefiting Feed The Children. "This is cool," said Busch, who outlasted strong challenges from Kasey Kahne and Clint Bowyer before finishing 2.283 seconds over runner-up Tony Stewart. "This is what it's all about when you go dirt racing. It's a lot of fun." Busch started the 40-lap feature event in second place and dueled with Kahne and Bowyer, who together led the first 24 laps (Kahne 1-12; Bowyer 13-21; Kahne 22-24) before Busch took over the lead on lap 25 when Kahne crashed into Bobby Labonte. Busch then checked out, beating three-time Prelude winner Stewart to nab his first career victory at Eldora. Finishing third was Austin Dillon in just his second Prelude start. Four-time World of Outlaws Sprint Car Series champion Donny Schatz finished fourth in his dirt Late Model debut. Stewart's NASCAR teammate at Stewart-Haas Racing, Ryan Newman, finished fifth. Aric Almirola, Cruz Pedregon, Dave Blaney, Ty Dillon and Justin Allgaier completed the top-10, all of whom will get a tractor-trailer filled with food from Feed The Children delivered to their hometown or city of choice.(True Speed Communications)(6-7-2012)

How this year's charity benefits through the generousity of race drivers.

Stats say DP finished 15th, 3 laps down, but it appears the last car that actually finished. I think this was her first time dirt racing. Not bad!
duh huh

Vienna, VA

#4 Jun 8, 2012
...glad to see anybody but Stewart win.
Carolyn

Erie, PA

#5 Jun 8, 2012
duh huh wrote:
...glad to see anybody but Stewart win.
That figures. Someone from Assburn , VA, not wanting Tony to win. I think I know who you are. JJ's devoted fan. JJ, the Chump; who has never cheated in his life.
duh huh

Vienna, VA

#6 Jun 8, 2012
Carolyn wrote:
<quoted text>That figures. Someone from Assburn , VA, not wanting Tony to win. I think I know who you are. JJ's devoted fan. JJ, the Chump; who has never cheated in his life.
Your assumptions are correct there Girl Wonder. Tough break for Fat Tony. He was so close but yet so far. Kinda like his results as of late but not so close. Actually not from Ashburn but work here. I'm from Big Beaver, PA ever heard of it? LOL JJ's cheating? You may wanna ask your boyfriend or girfriend about that. Shame, you sound like a real catch. LOL
Hilton Head

Orlando, FL

#7 Jun 21, 2012
duh huh wrote:
<quoted text>Your assumptions are correct there Girl Wonder. Tough break for Fat Tony. He was so close but yet so far. Kinda like his results as of late but not so close. Actually not from Ashburn but work here. I'm from Big Beaver, PA ever heard of it? LOL JJ's cheating? You may wanna ask your boyfriend or girfriend about that. Shame, you sound like a real catch. LOL
Tony is the biggest winner every time the kids receive the benefits from the money he raises for them.
duh huh

Vienna, VA

#8 Jun 21, 2012
Hilton Head wrote:
<quoted text>Tony is the biggest winner every time the kids receive the benefits from the money he raises for them.
You mean Fat Tony is a big weiner...he is what he eats, weiners. LOL Nah, I will give him sooome credit. He does give back to kids and that's well praised.
smoke fan

Boonsboro, MD

#9 Jun 21, 2012
kyle also won the Rowdy revenge race at Berlin speedway in GR, MI this past week
Carolyn

Erie, PA

#10 Jun 21, 2012
duh huh wrote:
<quoted text>You mean Fat Tony is a big weiner...he is what he eats, weiners. LOL Nah, I will give him sooome credit. He does give back to kids and that's well praised.
Is this Andy being her nasty self?
duhduh2

Columbus, OH

#11 Jul 5, 2012
Kyle is a great/best driver.
greek1

Ashley, MI

#13 Jul 6, 2012
All the drivers are great. Try driving a nascar race car sometimes. It's a great experience. You'll then be able to see why they have spotters.
Carolyn

Erie, PA

#14 Jul 6, 2012
greek1 wrote:
All the drivers are great. Try driving a nascar race car sometimes. It's a great experience. You'll then be able to see why they have spotters.
And, then there are those posters who claim they could do what those drivers do. I don't think so.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Andy Belmont Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Will Dale Earnhardt Jr. Finally Contend for a N... (Jan '14) Aug 25 Jr IQ 88 232
Tony Stewart faces an uncertain future Aug 25 CatRod53 11
Josh Wise's fans look to unseat Earnhardt Jr. Aug 23 flatt 7
Bristol NASCAR fans: Will you "Stand With Smoke... Aug 23 Amigoty 1
Gordon celebrates 20th anniversary of 1st victory Aug 17 Whoyakidding 6
Danica Patrick: Latest News, 2014 Sprint Cup Ra... Aug 15 Cale 11 2
Racing's Allisons heading to Lake Erie Speedway Aug '14 racingfever 1
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Andy Belmont People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE