Dale Earnhardt Jr. says Jimmie Johnson one of greatest ever, compares to Dale Earnhardt Sr.

Nov 9, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Sporting News

As far as Dale Earnhardt Jr. is concerned, Jimmie Johnson already was in the conversation about the greatest NASCAR drivers of all-time. As Jimmie Johnson's teammate, Dale Earnhardt Jr.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of50
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
redrum

Moriah, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

Finaly, Jr made some sence come out of that mouth.
CNDBILLFAN

London, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

As much as I hated Dale Sr., I have to disagree with this comment about JJ being like Dale Sr.
Dale Sr. could take a junk car that wouldn't run in the beginning of a race and drive that thing to a top ten finish or a win.
Jimmie J has never ever driven a junk car in cup.
Put him in anyone elses car without Chad and everyone will see that Jimmie J is slightly above average and no more.
Diggity Diggity

Winchester, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

One of the greatest ever? You d@mn right he is. His record is impeccable. What he's done with/for the sport is untouchable. NOBODY EVER will win 5 championships in a row. More than double the wins in the Chase than his next competitor. First Rookie in history to lead the points standings. Career winning earnings of a $116+ million. 1st Driver to be named AP Male Athlete of the Year. Topped Forbes Most Influential Athlete two years in a row, now. Tied with Jeff Gordon with the most Auto Racing Driver of the Year Awards & most All-Star Million Dollar race wins. Only Driver in history to win the Daytona 500, Brickyard 400, and the championship in the same season. I rest my case.

“Just quit jr.”

Since: Aug 09

WVU

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

JJ wins 5 straight cups, then HMS moves "The Brain jr" in with him, and he hasn't won a cup since, you betcha jr is going to praise JJ. JJ is competing against twice the amount of full time teams and twice the amount of better equipment than Sr. ever did, just check the past standings and records, don't take my word for it. Three fourths of "the field of cars" were "go or go homers when Sr. was competing, a lit'l less in his latter years. Personally, I hope JJ wins 8 cups and put to rest who was better. JJ beat the system no matter what is for the day, just like Petty and sr.
Hilton Head

Orange City, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

Jr. kissing some butt,he must be worried about losing his parking spot to Kahne.
smith

Haubstadt, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

Jr knows JJ is better
smith

Haubstadt, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

for sure
Level Playing Field

London, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

Anybody can hang around the back of the pack and when all the other cars are pretty much wore out, run like hero with a fresh car while gordon is holding your hand and go straight to the front. Let all the other drivers have the same equipment as gordon and his playmate has, including their grey area cheating tricks, and it would be a whole different story.( johnson is the biggest joke thats ever hit nascar).
Bronx Boneheads

Newtown, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Level Playing Field wrote:
Anybody can hang around the back of the pack and when all the other cars are pretty much wore out, run like hero with a fresh car while gordon is holding your hand and go straight to the front. Let all the other drivers have the same equipment as gordon and his playmate has, including their grey area cheating tricks, and it would be a whole different story.( johnson is the biggest joke thats ever hit nascar).
Jr learned his driving strategy from his, Mikey Waltrip.

“Just quit jr.”

WVU

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

If only all the other people involved in NASCAR could be as "squeaky clean" as the "do no wrong" earnhardts.
Snow

Bargersville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

3TOES wrote:
JJ wins 5 straight cups, then HMS moves "The Brain jr" in with him, and he hasn't won a cup since, you betcha jr is going to praise JJ. JJ is competing against twice the amount of full time teams and twice the amount of better equipment than Sr. ever did, just check the past standings and records, don't take my word for it. Three fourths of "the field of cars" were "go or go homers when Sr. was competing, a lit'l less in his latter years. Personally, I hope JJ wins 8 cups and put to rest who was better. JJ beat the system no matter what is for the day, just like Petty and sr.
I see where you have it printed under your 3toes just quit Jr. Why do you want him
to quit?I am hoping Jeff Burton and Dave Blaney quit. Neither one is worth a shit.

“Just quit jr.”

WVU

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

Snow wrote:
<quoted text>I see where you have it printed under your 3toes just quit Jr. Why do you want him
to quit?I am hoping Jeff Burton and Dave Blaney quit. Neither one is worth a shit.
ALL HAIL JR!!!!! Let's see, what "litter" of Sr's was the "Brain" jr???? 2nd or 3rd, or was there more??? HMS sacrificing cup championships, just so jr can "win" a race every 4 years or so. No wonder Jeff Gordon lost his cool, it has to have an effect on the whole organization.
WWE CRASHCAR 2012

Newtown, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Judged:

Maybe Jr's concussion awakened some of that dormant gray matter; knocked some sense into him!
Hilton Head

Orange City, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Judged:

MRI result showed no concussion.
WWE CRASHCAR 2012

Florham Park, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

Hilton Head wrote:
MRI result showed no concussion.
Jr just needed an excuse for his lousy performance in the Chase?
acrim

Manhattan Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

Accolades like this coming from Joooooonnnnnnyyyyyyyrrrrrrrrrr are almost as important as the backup punter on a semi-pro football team naming the best Superbowl quarterback of all-time.

“To contract new debts...”

Since: Apr 08

is not the way to pay old ones

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

Snow wrote:
<quoted text>I see where you have it printed under your 3toes just quit Jr. Why do you want him
Burton's contract expires after 2013 and at 46 he may retire, just a guess but a possibility. That will leave at least two cars open at RCR, one will go to Dillon and Childress has said that whichever car he takes may be renumbered to the 3. As for the second car there are rumors of Kurt Busch making the move to RCR in 2014 since it didn't happen in 2013 due to lack of sponsorship.
Snow

Bargersville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

Hunglo wrote:
<quoted text>
Burton's contract expires after 2013 and at 46 he may retire, just a guess but a possibility. That will leave at least two cars open at RCR, one will go to Dillon and Childress has said that whichever car he takes may be renumbered to the 3. As for the second car there are rumors of Kurt Busch making the move to RCR in 2014 since it didn't happen in 2013 due to lack of sponsorship.
Unless Childress
starts some improvement in Sprint cup I don't think anyone will be to interested in driving for him. Burton needs to retire he has seen his best days in racing. Don't forget we have 2 Dillon's to deal with.
barr

Temperance, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

JJ has proven he is a great driver. But a lot of credit has to go to his team his equip and his crew chief. We'll never know but if you put him in the 51 for example would we be disussing this?

“To contract new debts...”

Since: Apr 08

is not the way to pay old ones

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

barr wrote:
JJ has proven he is a great driver. But a lot of credit has to go to his team his equip and his crew chief. We'll never know but if you put him in the 51 for example would we be disussing this?
Busch provides a good measuring stick on how much of a factor the team is. His average finish with the 51 was 25th, in the 78 he jumps to 12th.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of50
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••