Speed moves Jimmy Spencer to Monday n...

Speed moves Jimmy Spencer to Monday nights, tabs Kyle Petty for race-day shows

There are 106 comments on the Scene Daily story from Jan 21, 2010, titled Speed moves Jimmy Spencer to Monday nights, tabs Kyle Petty for race-day shows. In it, Scene Daily reports that:

Former NASCAR Sprint Cup driver Kyle Petty will replace Jimmy Spencer on Speed's Sprint Cup prerace and postrace shows, and Spencer will move to a Monday night talk show.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Scene Daily.

Sam

Tishomingo, OK

#42 Feb 14, 2010
Jimmy made the show. He and Kenny were the main reason I watched the show.
AlRob

Mobile, AL

#43 Feb 14, 2010
I'd sure like to see Spencer back on Raceday. He's one of the reasons we watched. May have to find something else to do until the race.
J mongo

Moyock, NC

#44 Feb 14, 2010
I think This a big big mistake I can not Beleave You replaced Jimmy With Kile .What the hell is going on.Nascar is already Screwed up enough Why Screw SWpeed up..........
JLS

San Antonio, TX

#45 Feb 14, 2010
I was upset to see that Kyle replaced Jimmy. What were the bosses thinking? I guess being honest and speaking the truth does not pay. I will not watch the pre-race show any longer. BRING BACK THE JIMMY!!
LeeAnn from LaPine

Amity, OR

#46 Feb 14, 2010
Jimmy needs to come back. He said the things we all feel. He called it like it was and called both NASCAR and the drivers to the woodshed. There should be more honesty like that! By getting rid of Jimmy, you are gettin rid of what the fans feel and think. He was our mouth! NASCAR is finaly listening to the drivers and fans on things so listen to us now too. Bring Jimmy back to Speed. Leave all the races on FOX. Let DW stay on all year. Give the TV audience back what we want.
Frank

Wooster, OH

#47 Feb 14, 2010
After watching another version of the 2010 NASCAR Race Day Built by The Home Depot I am disappointed. Speed has taken the best “pre-game” show for NASCAR, as well as other sports, and created a second rate show with the replacement of Jimmy Spence with Kyle Petty. I have nothing against Kyle, but Jimmy was the reason Race Day was the best. I propose that NASCAR fans boycott watching Race Day and shopping at Home Depot until Jimmy is returned to the show.
GDAWG

Augusta, GA

#48 Feb 14, 2010
Jimmy made the show,always good interaction between Jimmy AND kENNY
big D wrote:
Jimmy....you tell it like it is...not happy with your replacement on raceday...will look for you on your new show...Good luck
Big D
Luxe09

Dallas, TX

#49 Feb 14, 2010
I miss Jimmy! I don't have anything agaist Kyle, but Spence made It interesting and he always called Nascar on the carpet when they were wrong. He was spot on. Bring Spence back....

“IN GOD WE TRUST”

Since: Jun 07

Raleigh

#50 Feb 14, 2010
Sam wrote:
<quoted text>
First, it infuriated me when educationally challenged people like yourself use the word "retarded". You apparently have nobody near and dear to you who are unfortunate enough to suffer from such a condition. I do and people like you offend me. You act like you are so smart but you show just how classless you are with your comments. You disgust me.
I'm sorry Sam if you find the fact that I think Jimmy Spencer is less intelligent than a bag of rusty door knobs and relate that to someone in your family. Would the term "intellecturally challenged" suited you better perhaps? Now let me explain how I REALLY feel. I don't give a fat rat's ass what infuriates you. I wasn't speaking directly to you or about anyone in your family unless you're some of Mr. Excitement's kin. If you don't like what I write, tough sh*t! I don't consider whether I'm pleasing you or not when I write something.
MaryY

AOL

#51 Feb 15, 2010
Tell Home Depot I will Boycott Their Store until they bring Jimmy Spencer back to Raceday brought to you by the Home Depot, Kyle Petty stinks. He swears on TV and SPEEDTV gives him an anchor job? MaryY [email protected] Seaford, NY 11783
Sam

Grass Valley, CA

#52 Feb 15, 2010
Whoyakidding wrote:
<quoted text>I'm sorry Sam if you find the fact that I think Jimmy Spencer is less intelligent than a bag of rusty door knobs and relate that to someone in your family. Would the term "intellecturally challenged" suited you better perhaps? Now let me explain how I REALLY feel. I don't give a fat rat's ass what infuriates you. I wasn't speaking directly to you or about anyone in your family unless you're some of Mr. Excitement's kin. If you don't like what I write, tough sh*t! I don't consider whether I'm pleasing you or not when I write something.
Thank you for your comments. You just confirmed to everyone what a nimrod you are. Have a nice day.

Since: Jul 08

Brownsburg, VA

#53 Feb 15, 2010
I am glad the windbag's gone. He had nothing even remotley intelligent to say and at the very least, I find Kyle and Kenny to be very funny together. Best move SPEED has made in a long time.
barbara

Coral Gables, FL

#54 Feb 17, 2010
Bring Jimmy back! what a loss for speed channel. Daytona pre race was boring!!!!!!!!!!
racin-gramma

Story City, IA

#55 Feb 20, 2010
I have always liked Kyle, but Jimmy & Kenny were so good on the pre-race show. I would like to see Jimmy come back. Jimmy always had opinions on lots of different raceing topics.
Chuck

Orange City, FL

#56 Feb 21, 2010
Raceday sucks and is so boring. Kyle just does not have what it takes. Bring Jimmy back, he tells it like it is. Not going to watch show until Jimmy Spencer returns.
big-e

Wilmington, DE

#57 Feb 21, 2010
I think SPEED made a big mistake moving Jimmy Spencer to Monday nights. NASCAR is heading downhill towards the dumps and this move will help get them there sooner.

I agree with another comment, Kyle is an okay guy but not in Jimmy's seat.
JANICE_SPEED_SKA TER

Miami, FL

#58 Feb 21, 2010
I AGREE
Mark

Peckville, PA

#59 Feb 21, 2010
Speed should just can Spencer all together!!He could drive to save his life and behind the mic he's even worse!!
Tim

Pendleton, KY

#60 Feb 21, 2010
Bring back Jimmy.Tell him to bring his cigar!

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#61 Feb 21, 2010
Speed made a good choice and Jimmy (the pete rose of nascar) has his own show and its' not that bad.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Andy Belmont Motorsports Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Denny Hamlin: 'NASCAR drivers should be making ... Oct 5 Make Phartse 7
News Patrick at career crossroads as days as driver ... Sep '17 And Phartse 2
News NASCAR punishes Gibbs, Hendrick, Penske Sep '17 Black phartt 9
News Earnhardt backs wife, blames himself for 'Clash... Jul '17 True Phartse 13
News More than 100 photos of Dale Earnhardt Jr. thro... May '17 MorePharts 2
News Richmond International Raceway hires WWE promot... May '17 Hires phart 2
News NASCAR's Jamie McMurray enjoying resurgence at ... (Apr '17) Apr '17 Resurgence Phart 2
More from around the web