Mayfield among 15 to apply for Cup ow...

Mayfield among 15 to apply for Cup ownership

There are 191 comments on the ESPN story from Jan 23, 2009, titled Mayfield among 15 to apply for Cup ownership. In it, ESPN reports that:

Jeremy Mayfield is among 15 people who have applied for ownership in the Sprint Cup series this season, NASCAR officials said on Thursday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at ESPN.

First Prev
of 10
Next Last
Denver Dan Mayfield

Athens, GA

#185 May 4, 2009
You are correct, as bad as I hate to say it. I know the team is new, and not very much money, but when Jeremy was on top, he made this statement (and I have a No Fear t-shirt) "If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space!" L8R. Denver Dan.
acrimonious

Santa Monica, CA

#186 May 4, 2009
Denver Dan Mayfield wrote:
You are correct, as bad as I hate to say it. I know the team is new, and not very much money, but when Jeremy was on top, he made this statement (and I have a No Fear t-shirt) "If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space!" L8R. Denver Dan.
"Mayflower" is a hack as a driver. Although I would say that he is better than that talentless clown, "Hair" (waltrip).
fromundacheeze

Charlotte, NC

#187 May 6, 2009
I stopped watching this sport until Mayfield came back and then stopped when he stopped making races, but the races he did make ran in the back. He needs to stop saving his stuff for a couple of races and start passing. This saving your stuff doesnt really work anymore. So many cautions and everybody is with fresh tires. So I have quit watching again, I will check in from time to time on espn.com to see how you done, but until I see him in a headline or lead more than 1 caution lap I will continue NOT to watch. Drive all out JUST ONE RACE Mayfield, I dare you. Make me a fan again.
Tommy

Lawrenceville, GA

#188 May 6, 2009
Mayfield Fan Forever Tried And True
Voice of Reality

Colonial Heights, VA

#189 May 8, 2009
Curses, foiled again.
Sandman

White House, TN

#190 May 8, 2009
Looks like I will be doing something else besides watching Darlington myself. I know Mayfield is not a very strong qualifier, but to me he isn't driving during qualifying or practice like he really wants to do any better. I have been a long time Mayfield fan but this is truly sad, borderline pathetic. I am more captivated by the Russian/American hockey drama in the NHL than I am in nascar at this point.
Voice of Reality

Colonial Heights, VA

#191 May 9, 2009
Tommy wrote:
Mayfield Fan Forever Tried And True
I am glad that you are, light up and enjoy.
Voice of Reality

Colonial Heights, VA

#192 May 9, 2009
Say it aint so.
Bobby Mayfield

Tempe, AZ

#193 May 9, 2009
Wow and it all comes to and end because of substance abuse... This year just keeps getting better.
Voice of Reality

Colonial Heights, VA

#194 May 10, 2009
Bobby Mayfield wrote:
Wow and it all comes to and end because of substance abuse... This year just keeps getting better.
Bobby, I know I have ragged on Jeremy for a long time and I will not take it back, however, I DO hope that this is a mistake and Jeremy was actually the victim of the reaction of legal drugs taken for actual conditions. A driver I have known for several years, Kevin Grubb was just buried because he could no longer live with what his life had become because of his demons and to lose a 31 year old to this monster is sad.

I might never be able to root for Jeremy, the driver, however, I hope with all my heart that Jeremy is either cleared of these charges or accepts the fact, overcomes them and comes out a better person.

To all of you Mayfield fans, do not be so quick to jump ship, keep a positive attitude and give Jeremy the support you have always have in either supporting his fight against this problem or in his proving there was NO problem and this is just a mistake.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#195 May 10, 2009
Voice of Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
Bobby, I know I have ragged on Jeremy for a long time and I will not take it back, however, I DO hope that this is a mistake and Jeremy was actually the victim of the reaction of legal drugs taken for actual conditions. A driver I have known for several years, Kevin Grubb was just buried because he could no longer live with what his life had become because of his demons and to lose a 31 year old to this monster is sad.
I might never be able to root for Jeremy, the driver, however, I hope with all my heart that Jeremy is either cleared of these charges or accepts the fact, overcomes them and comes out a better person.
To all of you Mayfield fans, do not be so quick to jump ship, keep a positive attitude and give Jeremy the support you have always have in either supporting his fight against this problem or in his proving there was NO problem and this is just a mistake.
VOR this is a good post from you have a nice day....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Andrea Nemechek Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Richard Childress Racing Returns to the Truck S... (Oct '09) Oct '09 honest broker 1
News Slide Show: Nascar Drivers Visit Walter Reed (Sep '09) Sep '09 LTE14 8
News Coke Zero 400 update at the 100-mile mark (Jul '09) Jul '09 ADFAST Marketing 1
News Talladega activity begins Thursday (Apr '09) Apr '09 Just A Casual Fan 11
News Joe Nemechek's Nashville flip stirs memories of... (Apr '09) Apr '09 THE DEVIL 6
News Joe Nemecheck Rolls Along at Nashville SuperSpe... (Apr '09) Apr '09 Sandra 8
News NEMCO Motorsports and Travis Kvapil news ... (Feb '09) Feb '09 don 1
More from around the web