Phoenix Falling -- Stewart Gets Colle...

Phoenix Falling -- Stewart Gets Collected in Late-Race Accidents and Finishes 22nd at Phoenix

There are 16 comments on the The Frontstretch story from Nov 9, 2008, titled Phoenix Falling -- Stewart Gets Collected in Late-Race Accidents and Finishes 22nd at Phoenix. In it, The Frontstretch reports that:

Date: Nov. 9, 2008 Event: Checker O'Reilly Auto Parts 500k Series: NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Location: Phoenix International Raceway Start/Finish: 29th/22nd Winner: Jimmie Johnson of Hendrick Motorsports Tony ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Frontstretch.

Dusty97330

United States

#1 Nov 9, 2008
So Kenseth gathers up what, 8 cars in that last race at the finish in a retaliation wreck and no trip to the Nascar trailer? What gives?
villeGrad

Quitman, AR

#2 Nov 9, 2008
i know jimmie johnson doesn't give ab=nything to anyone. you have to show up race day and earn it.

“Smoke and the Rocketman”

Since: Jan 07

Schuylkill Haven, PA

#3 Nov 10, 2008
I will not ever understand how Tony can fall so fast in points..I can't believe he wants to be apart owner in this series... but at least he is partnered with those that figure it all out before anybody else,, so I guess that's good..

“Smoke and the Rocketman”

Since: Jan 07

Schuylkill Haven, PA

#4 Nov 10, 2008
villeGrad wrote:
i know jimmie johnson doesn't give ab=nything to anyone. you have to show up race day and earn it.
Dega... do you remember how the "champ" acted at Dega?? he was hiding out..
ShadownglasS

Cumming, GA

#5 Nov 10, 2008
Debi Does wrote:
I will not ever understand how Tony can fall so fast in points..I can't believe he wants to be apart owner in this series... but at least he is partnered with those that figure it all out before anybody else,, so I guess that's good..
Hi Debbie, no worries. When Smoke announced at the end of last season he was leaving Gibbs and to start in own Cup team, Kyle became Gibb's number one and first priority. Kyle has been getting the cars, that Tony used to get. Kyle is getting the best car, best motors, best everything. At least that's the way I see it. Tony will be back, with Chevey Power !

anderson 24

“Obama Express”

Since: Dec 06

yes we can*health reform**

#6 Nov 10, 2008
ShadownglasS wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Debbie, no worries. When Smoke announced at the end of last season he was leaving Gibbs and to start in own Cup team, Kyle became Gibb's number one and first priority. Kyle has been getting the cars, that Tony used to get. Kyle is getting the best car, best motors, best everything. At least that's the way I see it. Tony will be back, with Chevey Power !
and in 09''''joey will be gibbs top dog'lol'''''''

anderson 24

“Obama Express”

Since: Dec 06

yes we can*health reform**

#7 Nov 10, 2008
Debi Does wrote:
<quoted text>Dega... do you remember how the "champ" acted at Dega?? he was hiding out..
lol' see your clueless about restrictor plate racing also'''
i will use your favorite word debi'' JR.'''
you are a naive jr. in everything you say'lol''''
Carolyn

Erie, PA

#8 Nov 10, 2008
anderson 24 wrote:
<quoted text>and in 09''''joey will be gibbs top dog'lol'''''''
Andy, are you hallucinating? That kid might be good in the Nationwide series, but he has a long way to go in the Cup. Hasn't he proven that so far? What the media says and what he has done in the car so far are entirely two different things. I don't think he is ready to race against the top dogs.

“Smoke Fan Forever!!!”

Since: Sep 07

Look to the Western Sky!!!!

#9 Nov 10, 2008
Debi Does wrote:
I will not ever understand how Tony can fall so fast in points..I can't believe he wants to be apart owner in this series... but at least he is partnered with those that figure it all out before anybody else,, so I guess that's good..
I thought the spread between 12th and 10th is only like 25 points or some silly number like that. So reality is he just needs to do better than Jr and Kyle next week and hopefully he'll be at the ceremony. Otherwise we'll see what Nascar comes up with for Matty on Tuesday if anything does go down.
Carolyn

Erie, PA

#10 Nov 10, 2008
Andy, someone is impersonating me. I did not post the above saying that Joey will be Gibbs' top dog. Someone has taken my idenity. I swear on my mother's grave, it was not me.
Carolyn

Erie, PA

#11 Nov 10, 2008
Andy, I am confused. I did say that I didn't think Joey is ready to race against the top dogs in Cup. I did not say that Joey will be Gibbs' top dog. I see the post stating that I said that has disappeared. Am I losing my marbles?
This post is referring to the post that says that I said Joey will be Gibbs' top dog. I said Joey was not ready to race against the top dogs.
What the fu## is going on?
Whoyakidding

Raleigh, NC

#12 Nov 10, 2008
Andy, you stuck your foot in your mouth on Logano. It's going to be several years before Joey out drives Shrub at JGR unless Shrub decides to move on some where else. Joey's good but the kid won't be ready to go head to head with Shrub for a while.

“smoke”

Since: Dec 07

Life is short, be nice!

#13 Nov 10, 2008
anderson 24 wrote:
<quoted text>and in 09''''joey will be gibbs top dog'lol'''''''
Well puppy dog!:)
GO FASTER I HEAR BANJOS

Cookeville, TN

#14 Nov 10, 2008
Whoyakidding wrote:
Andy, you stuck your foot in your mouth on Logano. It's going to be several years before Joey out drives Shrub at JGR unless Shrub decides to move on some where else. Joey's good but the kid won't be ready to go head to head with Shrub for a while.
Exactly! What do they call him? Sliced Bread? Nope, he will stay a loave for several yrs. He may have had a few good races in Nationwide, but he ain't Cup ready yet! From what I've seen he doesn't impress me at all.
CND BILL FAN

London, Canada

#15 Nov 10, 2008
Great job Matt!!!
I hope the guys you wrecked come on over to say hello to you at Homestead. Your no Mark Martin!!!
The Man honors at Roush go to the Biff.

99 Lisa 18

“Kyle get it together! ”

Since: Oct 08

Carlsville

#16 Nov 10, 2008
GO FASTER I HEAR BANJOS wrote:
<quoted text>Exactly! What do they call him? Sliced Bread? Nope, he will stay a loave for several yrs. He may have had a few good races in Nationwide, but he ain't Cup ready yet! From what I've seen he doesn't impress me at all.
He's a pup. Give him time. He will grow. I don't know if you will though.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

AJ Allmendinger Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Has the Jeremy Mayfield Saga Gone on Too Long? (Jan '14) Jan '14 Whoyakidding 2
News Bobby Labonte's start streak to end at 704 (Jun '13) Oct '13 WHOYAKIDDING 11
News Bobby Labonte streak set to end at 704 starts (Jun '13) Jun '13 Bill 1
News AJ Allmendinger wins NASCAR Nationwide race (Jun '13) Jun '13 Jusy_Sayn 4
News Favre on Allmendinger's mind in Wisconsin (Jun '13) Jun '13 Fred 3
News Record-tying 4 women in the field for Indy 500 (May '13) May '13 Jorge 3
News Suspended driver Jeremy Mayfield calls radio sh... (Jan '13) Jan '13 Voice of Reality 14
More from around the web