Sources: Sadler still in No. 19

Full story: ESPN

Gillett Evernham Motorsports and driver Elliott Sadler have reached an agreement that enables Sadler to retain his position as driver of the team's No.
Comments
21 - 39 of 39 Comments Last updated Feb 4, 2009
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Voice of Reality

Petersburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2009

Judged:

newatthis wrote:
<quoted text>
Did he really want the "job" or was he hoping they would settle or he would win the lawsuit? I believe he was going for more ($) than just the buyout. I think he would have preferred the buyout plus the additional. And there is no doubt in my mind that his fiance would rather he wasn't racing.
That's the difference, I am happy my husband has a job that he enjoys and he wants to work to keep it!
And the point to this little tirade of thinks, beliefs and being happy your husband is employed is? I keep looking for a fact, hidden somewhere in all the "Deep thought and beliefs" and can not find one.
Mikey fan

Rossford, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2009

Judged:

Voice of Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
And the point to this little tirade of thinks, beliefs and being happy your husband is employed is? I keep looking for a fact, hidden somewhere in all the "Deep thought and beliefs" and can not find one.
Let's see if I can help you, voice of "reality." New at this is married and her husband has a job that he likes. She is supportive of him and is happy about it and does not undermine him in his work efforts. Amanda has a fiance who has a job that SHE doesn't like ("I can think of plenty better things to do on a Sunday than go to a race"). She likes (LOVES) the money but is not willing to treat his fans (the ultimate source of his money..quoting the King's speech, years ago, to his son, Kyle, "no fans--no TV, no NASCAR.")with any kind of decency or respect. He does have his ride back. We'll see, this season, as his wife ("not somebody's girlfriend"), if she can grow up and find some class and act appropriately in public. If not, ultimately, Sadler will probably resign his ride to "save" his marriage--which would be the ultimate mistake. My belief is, that had Sadler's "biological clock" not been "ticking" the day he saw Amanda playing softball, she would be nothing more than another of his one night stands. She is NOTHING to look at, apparently not as intelligent as her degrees would imply and has the personality of a wounded leopard when at public events. He could find much better stock to breed with!!

“Life is EXACTLY what u make it”

Since: Aug 08

Hershey, PA...chillin' in SC!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2009

newatthis wrote:
<quoted text>
Did he really want the "job" or was he hoping they would settle or he would win the lawsuit? I believe he was going for more ($) than just the buyout. I think he would have preferred the buyout plus the additional. And there is no doubt in my mind that his fiance would rather he wasn't racing.
That's the difference, I am happy my husband has a job that he enjoys and he wants to work to keep it!
I have to disagree with you on this point. IF he chose the buyout and sat out this season, odds are that he would've been out of racing completely. With teams basically running at a minumum and sponsor $$'s limited. There are FAR more drivers than available rides. To not have exposure or the opportunity to "try out" for another team, his career would've been over, IMO.

There's no doubt SHE wanted him out of racing, but I believe thats NOT what he wanted and bottom line, he has to do whats best for his career.
Shocked

Matthews, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2009

Judged:

Amanda and Elliott will always give us something to talk about weather it be good or bad. They are the ones that have to decide that when ever the cameras on them or when they are at the track with fans around.
Pathetic

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2009

Judged:

It was not about the damn money. It was about his love of the sport. She will either get over it or be gone. No matter what she thinks she will never come before his car. If she thinks she will she is a fool. Yes he had gotten very comfortable but this has taught him how quickly that can be gone and if she tries to ruin it for him she will be gone just as quick.
newatthis

Port Jervis, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2009

Mikey fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's see if I can help you, voice of "reality." New at this is married and her husband has a job that he likes. She is supportive of him and is happy about it and does not undermine him in his work efforts. Amanda has a fiance who has a job that SHE doesn't like ("I can think of plenty better things to do on a Sunday than go to a race"). She likes (LOVES) the money but is not willing to treat his fans (the ultimate source of his money..quoting the King's speech, years ago, to his son, Kyle, "no fans--no TV, no NASCAR.")with any kind of decency or respect. He does have his ride back. We'll see, this season, as his wife ("not somebody's girlfriend"), if she can grow up and find some class and act appropriately in public. If not, ultimately, Sadler will probably resign his ride to "save" his marriage--which would be the ultimate mistake. My belief is, that had Sadler's "biological clock" not been "ticking" the day he saw Amanda playing softball, she would be nothing more than another of his one night stands. She is NOTHING to look at, apparently not as intelligent as her degrees would imply and has the personality of a wounded leopard when at public events. He could find much better stock to breed with!!
I don't know Mikey Fan, if you believe this site he states that E wanted was suing for "3 times his award" {scroll down}

http://onelugnutshort.blogspot.com/

“RACING RULES ”

Since: Jan 07

Longview, Tx

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2009

newatthis wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know Mikey Fan, if you believe this site he states that E wanted was suing for "3 times his award" {scroll down}
http://onelugnutshort.blogspot.com/
I guess that a couple a millon bucks just is not what it used to be?? Inflation or deflation.
Lisa in MN

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2009

Well, he's got his crew chief now...so bring on the season. NOW, I am looking forward to Nascar.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2009

who's the new crew chief?
Lisa in MN

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2009

Kevin Buskirk...he was team engineer at Yates under Todd Parrott...when Elliott had his last two wins. Maybe he'll bring on some luck!

Since: Jan 09

Winnsboro, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2009

I just read on yahoo they are trying to get Kevin Buskirk back

http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/news...
WHY

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2009

So; why do so many people seem so interested in who Elliot is screwing with? Whats the point? So long as he drives well, WHO CARES what girl he is with - its no business of ours anyway
Holy Moly

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2009

I don't care who he's with. I care about his job on the track. If the recent poll is any indication, we'll see AJ Allmindinger in this ride by the Daytona 500!
sadler19fan

Matthews, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2009

Elliott already has the ride back. AJ is in the 10 and because of sponsors supporting Elliott,he will be in the 19. Where have you been?

“Bobby Knight God #2”

Since: Nov 08

Lubbock, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2009

I can't imagine not having him around. He's a ray of sunshine. ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2009

I am super excited he got his ride back, I only hope that this experience makes him MORE focused on his JOB!

“Sprint Cup Series Champion”

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2009

I'd like to see him in a little less clothing.

“Bobby Knight God #2”

Lubbock, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2009

Champion 48 wrote:
I'd like to see him in a little less clothing.
sick old perverted woman

“Sprint Cup Series Champion”

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2009

Ghost Rider Lubbock wrote:
<quoted text>sick old perverted woman
He's a good looking man I didn't say nude. Get a clue.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent A.J. Allmendinger Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Has the Jeremy Mayfield Saga Gone on Too Long? (Jan '14) Jan '14 Whoyakidding 2
Bobby Labonte's start streak to end at 704 (Jun '13) Oct '13 WHOYAKIDDING 11
AJ Allmendinger wins NASCAR Nationwide race (Jun '13) Jun '13 Jusy_Sayn 4
Favre on Allmendinger's mind in Wisconsin (Jun '13) Jun '13 Fred 3
Suspended driver Jeremy Mayfield calls radio sh... (Jan '13) Jan '13 Voice of Reality 14
NASCAR: Phoenix Racing wants Regan Smith, AJ Al... (Jan '13) Jan '13 Super 1
Motorsports Commentary - The Amazingly Angry Sm... (Oct '12) Jan '13 dwarfica 5

Search the A.J. Allmendinger Forum:
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••