Elliott Sadler Trading in His Firesuit for a Court Suit

Jan 2, 2009 Full story: bleacherreport.com 69

Great, Elliott Sadler and his attorney are gearing up for court, if things need to get that far.

Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Since: Oct 07

Rome, OH

#1 Jan 2, 2009
I'd like to pinch on his tushy. He's cute as a button.
Lisa in Alabama

Dutton, AL

#2 Jan 2, 2009
Shut up n drive wrote:
I'd like to pinch on his tushy. He's cute as a button.
So whats changed..just another law suit
xsadlerfan

Warrenton, VA

#3 Jan 2, 2009
from all we have been reading about his wedding and now this he should trade it in for a CLOWN suit as he is nothing but a joke lately!
fyi

Houston, TX

#4 Jan 2, 2009
who came up with the bright idea to put him a car to begin with????????? RIDE BUYER SYNDROME!
newatthis

Port Jervis, NY

#5 Jan 3, 2009
Did E do anything different when left Yates? Can the defense attorney bring that up in court?
Mikey fan

Toledo, OH

#6 Jan 3, 2009
Lisa in Alabama wrote:
<quoted text>
So whats changed..just another law suit
maybe they will "settle out of court"--just like the lawsuit that was going to be brought against him, last January. Just another indication that he thinks he is "entitled." With Sadler, "it's my way or the highway." He'll get around to forcing that on Amanda soon enough.

“Kyle get it together! ”

Since: Oct 08

Carlsville

#7 Jan 3, 2009
Mikey fan wrote:
<quoted text>
maybe they will "settle out of court"--just like the lawsuit that was going to be brought against him, last January. Just another indication that he thinks he is "entitled." With Sadler, "it's my way or the highway." He'll get around to forcing that on Amanda soon enough.
At least he can drive and not run into anything Like Waltrip!!!
kimh1966

De Berry, TX

#8 Jan 3, 2009
Yep, Karma has come back to bite him in the butt -- I can't believe he has the nerve to sue after all the contracts he has broken in the past.
xsadlerfan

Warrenton, VA

#9 Jan 3, 2009
and if you read on the other blogs, according to his friends he says he does not take marriage lightly, but if Amanda continues to act the way she does then he will not stick around. Seems to be a pattern here.....my way, or I break another contract! It really is amazing that he would sue after he has broken contracts before and now with this on his resume, who would want to take a chance picking him up as a driver! As they say in racing he has dropped a cylinder or two, cause something has come loose! HE definitely is not using his brain, but who does his thinking for him anyway!
Voice of Reality

Petersburg, VA

#10 Jan 3, 2009
I do not know why people are so upset about Elliott Sadler taking this case to court. People, take a course on contractual law and then tell me what other recourse should he take? I am no bog fan of Elliott, Hermie or Herman, for that matter, however, NASCAR is big business not hand shake city, any longer. Elliott was given a contract and then a contract extension and then without being notified of impending change read it in press releases that he was being replaced, it does not take a genius to see breach of contract in this.

As for Elliott's future in NASCAR, face it, there are no other high power teams, suit or no suit who will be running to the Sadler door to hire Elliott. His best option, after the case is adjudicated, will be in the TV booth.
xsadlerfan

Warrenton, VA

#11 Jan 3, 2009
Voice of Reality wrote:
I do not know why people are so upset about Elliott Sadler taking this case to court. People, take a course on contractual law and then tell me what other recourse should he take? I am no bog fan of Elliott, Hermie or Herman, for that matter, however, NASCAR is big business not hand shake city, any longer. Elliott was given a contract and then a contract extension and then without being notified of impending change read it in press releases that he was being replaced, it does not take a genius to see breach of contract in this.
As for Elliott's future in NASCAR, face it, there are no other high power teams, suit or no suit who will be running to the Sadler door to hire Elliott. His best option, after the case is adjudicated, will be in the TV booth.
And I guess you think thar GEM being a multi million dollar operation does not have their own attorney who looked at every loop hole in his contract before making this SMART business decision. I am sure that Sadlers extension did not include "and may finish each and every race 30th or worse, and may tear up cars at our expense"! Face it, they are protecting their interest and businesses make these kind of financial decisions all the time. AJ has the fire to race....Elliott, well who knows what happened there. I am sure that there is some kind of contract payout being worked on, but for Sadler to sue for his seat back...no way! He is toast.....And there is no way in hell that I will ever believe that he was blindsided by all of this. I am sure that as everyone else in the business world knows he knew he had to produce results or else.
Voice of Reality

Petersburg, VA

#12 Jan 3, 2009
xsadlerfan wrote:
<quoted text>And I guess you think thar GEM being a multi million dollar operation does not have their own attorney who looked at every loop hole in his contract before making this SMART business decision. I am sure that Sadlers extension did not include "and may finish each and every race 30th or worse, and may tear up cars at our expense"! Face it, they are protecting their interest and businesses make these kind of financial decisions all the time. AJ has the fire to race....Elliott, well who knows what happened there. I am sure that there is some kind of contract payout being worked on, but for Sadler to sue for his seat back...no way! He is toast.....And there is no way in hell that I will ever believe that he was blindsided by all of this. I am sure that as everyone else in the business world knows he knew he had to produce results or else.
And the twists and turns of the case and the contract will be played out and discovered in court, so you agree that adjudication is the best avenue?
xsadlerfan

Warrenton, VA

#13 Jan 3, 2009
Yes, if all the facts and evidence are on his side, then I agree Sadler has a right to win this, but I also belive that GEM has a right to protect their interests. After all are in it for the money and nothing less. It's not the good ole boys pooling their pay together anymore to go racin!
newatthis

Port Jervis, NY

#14 Jan 3, 2009
Voice of Reality wrote:
I'm not sure he will get even a tv booth. Most of what he says (questions for the interview) is written or said to him in his earpiece.
newatthis

Port Jervis, NY

#15 Jan 3, 2009
xsadlerfan wrote:
Yes, if all the facts and evidence are on his side, then I agree Sadler has a right to win this, but I also belive that GEM has a right to protect their interests. After all are in it for the money and nothing less. It's not the good ole boys pooling their pay together anymore to go racin!
I don't think E wants his ride back. It is just a way (scare tactic) to get more $ than his buyout.
xsadlerfan

Warrenton, VA

#16 Jan 3, 2009
newatthis wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think E wants his ride back. It is just a way (scare tactic) to get more $ than his buyout.
yea, and as sad as it seems, I think he has just signed the deal on his own future.

“RACING RULES ”

Since: Jan 07

Longview, Tx

#17 Jan 3, 2009
Maybe a dumb question but how is driver contract usually structured?
Voice of Reality

Petersburg, VA

#18 Jan 3, 2009
newatthis wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not sure he will get even a tv booth. Most of what he says (questions for the interview) is written or said to him in his earpiece.
Oh, like everybody else?
newatthis

Port Jervis, NY

#19 Jan 3, 2009
Voice of Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, like everybody else?
I think the others could come up with a question or comment on their own much quicker than E.
Mikey fan

Rossford, OH

#20 Jan 3, 2009
99 Lisa 18 wrote:
<quoted text>
At least he can drive and not run into anything Like Waltrip!!!
OK with you if I post this comment on Stwart's forum??????????

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

A.J. Allmendinger Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Has the Jeremy Mayfield Saga Gone on Too Long? (Jan '14) Jan '14 Whoyakidding 2
Bobby Labonte's start streak to end at 704 (Jun '13) Oct '13 WHOYAKIDDING 11
AJ Allmendinger wins NASCAR Nationwide race (Jun '13) Jun '13 Jusy_Sayn 4
Favre on Allmendinger's mind in Wisconsin (Jun '13) Jun '13 Fred 3
Suspended driver Jeremy Mayfield calls radio sh... (Jan '13) Jan '13 Voice of Reality 14
NASCAR: Phoenix Racing wants Regan Smith, AJ Al... (Jan '13) Jan '13 Super 1
Motorsports Commentary - The Amazingly Angry Sm... (Oct '12) Jan '13 dwarfica 5

A.J. Allmendinger People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE