20-Year-Old Bayne Wins The Daytona 500

20-Year-Old Bayne Wins The Daytona 500

There are 82 comments on the WFMZ story from Feb 20, 2011, titled 20-Year-Old Bayne Wins The Daytona 500. In it, WFMZ reports that:

Dale Earnhardt Jr. insisted he didn't believe in fairy tales and happy endings. Trevor Bayne was too young to know any better.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WFMZ.

Mary

Fredericksburg, VA

#42 Feb 22, 2011
Ford Man wrote:
<quoted text>
People don't get banned from this site. They can always sign in under another name.
Not nessasarily. The person came back under a different name & everyone managed to figure out once she got back in her routine. Her new name got banned & she hasn't been on this site since.
Mary

Fredericksburg, VA

#43 Feb 22, 2011
95 Thunderbird wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you talking about the same Bill who has two Daytona 500 wins, the fastest qualifying lap at Daytona and Talladega, who pulled his name off the MPD ballot after 17 times being voted MPD and The same Bill who sat on the pole for the Daytona 500 in 2001 and finished 5th in that race?
I think the Bill that your talking about was the biggest rival to Dale E in the 80's. The same Bill who has won 44 Sprint Cup races and not have to do the bump and wreck tactics that one other driver made so famous.
Bill Idiot also remembers to do up his seatbelt and do it up tight when he races at high rates of speed unlike some other idiot.
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!

Thank you for your wonderful post. You just made my day!...
Mary

Fredericksburg, VA

#44 Feb 22, 2011
Mr Logic in Jax wrote:
<quoted text>
... Was Trevor Bayne and the Wood Brothers the chosen winner for the Daytona 500 and if so why not Jr....
Dude, do you have any idea how many people on this site would cry fix if Jr. won the race!?...

“Just Add Obama ”

Since: Mar 08

Jacksonville Florida

#45 Feb 22, 2011
Mary wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude, do you have any idea how many people on this site would cry fix if Jr. won the race!?...
Says a lot about the people who say they follow NASCAR, if Jr. ever wins again it well require some luck however he also drives for Rick Hendrick who is one of the best car owners in all of racing.

Hope your week gets better just remember the 1986 Southern 500 and Darlington, it the first time I saw a race at that track. It was a very good day, eat breakfast at the Denny’s in Florence right off 95 and Bobby, Davey, Clifford and several of the Allison family sat right behind us very nice family. Of course, if you remember that race that ending was spectacular, glad I was there.
Barnabus

Katy, TX

#46 Feb 22, 2011
95 Thunderbird wrote:
<quoted text>
Bill Idiot also remembers to do up his seatbelt and do it up tight when he races at high rates of speed unlike some other idiot.
Good point...
Mary

Fredericksburg, VA

#47 Feb 22, 2011
Mr Logic in Jax wrote:
... just remember the 1986 Southern 500 and Darlington, it the first time I saw a race at that track. It was a very good day, eat breakfast at the Denny’s in Florence right off 95 and Bobby, Davey, Clifford and several of the Allison family sat right behind us very nice family. Of course, if you remember that race that ending was spectacular, glad I was there.
Wish I did... I wasn't born yet.
95 Thunderbird

Kitchener, Canada

#48 Feb 22, 2011
Mr Logic in Jax wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right in that if Dale E and Bill E raced today Bill would win. As for the Most Popular Driver award Dale Jr. will win that until the day he retires or loses his ride so not sure it means a whole lot. Maybe Bill should have his name added to the MPD ballot again that would be interesting at least they he would have a chance to win something.
Maybe Bill and Jr. should swap rides and teams for the year? This would be a fair way to see who the talented one really is.
What you seem to miss is Elliott has been in junk under funded part time teams since 2003, Jr. hasn't.
The 21 team was radically over hauled in the past 6 months also and is not the same team it was a year ago. Hell, the Woods aren't even listed as the majority owners anymore.

“Just Add Obama ”

Jacksonville Florida

#49 Feb 22, 2011
95 Thunderbird wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe Bill and Jr. should swap rides and teams for the year? This would be a fair way to see who the talented one really is.
What you seem to miss is Elliott has been in junk under funded part time teams since 2003, Jr. hasn't.
The 21 team was radically over hauled in the past 6 months also and is not the same team it was a year ago. Hell, the Woods aren't even listed as the majority owners anymore.
Seriously, you are starting to sound like Jr. Nation, it’s the cars fault, it’s the teams fault, etc… As I stated earlier “Awesome Bill form Dawsonville” was (past tense) a good drive with one of the best every engine builders but those days have long sense past.

2010 Results
Daytona 500 – Started 40 and Finished 27
Kobalt Tools 500 – Started 34 and Finished 16
Samsung Mobile 500 – Started 36 and Finished 25
Coca-Cola 600 – Started 25 and Finished 27
Heluva Good! Sour Cream Dips 400 – Started 28 and Finished 29
LifeLock.com 400 – Started 29 and Finished 37
Brickyard 400 – Started 31 and Finished 18
Carfax 400 – Started 30nd Finished 22
Emory Healthcare 500 – Started 40 and Finished 23
Price Chopper 400 presented by Kraft Foods – Started 11nd Finished 25
Bank of America 500 – Started 37nd Finished 35
Amp Energy Juice 500 – Started 43and Finished 40
Ford 400 – Started 4 and Finished 15

Did about as well as Jr., yes I know that is not a compliment.

I was a huge Harry Gant Fan; however, I am not in the belief that he could be a week to week competitive racer these days. Bill was Awesome, a long time ago

“RaiderNation of Domination”

Since: May 07

Some West Texas County

#50 Feb 22, 2011
Mary wrote:
<quoted text>
Not nessasarily. The person came back under a different name & everyone managed to figure out once she got back in her routine. Her new name got banned & she hasn't been on this site since.
I'll tell you what...If you want to see some forum wars, go to the Raider forum. It has been outrage the last 8 years. The same troll keeps coming back under a new name, but I kind of wonder if he got bored of it after we eclipsed our highest win total since our last superbowl appearance.
Reds

Westmoreland, NY

#51 Feb 22, 2011
Ski wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude...NASCAR has been the WWF for the past several years!
Where have you been???
DUDE I've been hiding under that big rock in the GEICO comercial
Reds

Westmoreland, NY

#52 Feb 22, 2011
Mr Logic in Jax wrote:
<quoted text>
Not sure if you watched the Bud Shoot out but cars where going over 200mph and we had the exact same issues, two cars bumper-to-bumper, cars spinning and Jr. wrecking. Not sure what 200mph has to do with jack?
Not sure either, as there was less of a playing field, fewer cars,no points,the retarded yellow line rule etc etc... Had they left the playing field level meaning no plates or restrictions someone would have figured out and engine package that would turn 9500-10000 rpms that lasted the full 500 miles and that would have been the domanate car.and yea they would have been running way over 200mph just like years ago and there wouldn't be any bumper tag pushie shoveie games being played because they would know it would mean your going home in a bag or for a ride in the choper
Ford Man

Carthage, TX

#53 Feb 22, 2011
Mary wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is your driver? You seem to like Bill Elliot and he's a past timer and one of your posts said that you weren't born until after 1986. You don't seem to like anybody on the Roush team. You already told that Raider fan guy that you don't like Edwards, the Busch bros, or Jimmie Johnson.

Hendrick is just a bunch of losers. Mark Martin is a Ford Traitor. Dale Jr is just riding his daddy's legacy. Jeff Gordon made a name for himself, but every body hates him. Jimmie Johnson is pretty much the next coming of Gordon...He's like Nascar's version of WWE's HHH...never seems to lose the championship; which is why Wrestling Sucks.
95 Thunderbird

London, Canada

#54 Feb 22, 2011
Mr Logic in Jax wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously, you are starting to sound like Jr. Nation, it’s the cars fault, it’s the teams fault, etc… As I stated earlier “Awesome Bill form Dawsonville” was (past tense) a good drive with one of the best every engine builders but those days have long sense past.
2010 Results
Daytona 500 – Started 40 and Finished 27
Kobalt Tools 500 – Started 34 and Finished 16
Samsung Mobile 500 – Started 36 and Finished 25
Coca-Cola 600 – Started 25 and Finished 27
Heluva Good! Sour Cream Dips 400 – Started 28 and Finished 29
LifeLock.com 400 – Started 29 and Finished 37
Brickyard 400 – Started 31 and Finished 18
Carfax 400 – Started 30nd Finished 22
Emory Healthcare 500 – Started 40 and Finished 23
Price Chopper 400 presented by Kraft Foods – Started 11nd Finished 25
Bank of America 500 – Started 37nd Finished 35
Amp Energy Juice 500 – Started 43and Finished 40
Ford 400 – Started 4 and Finished 15
Did about as well as Jr., yes I know that is not a compliment.
I was a huge Harry Gant Fan; however, I am not in the belief that he could be a week to week competitive racer these days. Bill was Awesome, a long time ago
Maybe his problem was the cars he was driving. I'm sure now that he's behind the wheel of a BO-TIE, he'll add to the already impressive record. By the way, thanks for giving so much credit to Bill's engine builder but remember 9 of those career wins came without him.
Ford Man

Carthage, TX

#55 Feb 23, 2011
BowTies are for losers...Like Jeff Gordon, Jimmie Johnson, Dale Earnhart jr, Tony Stewart got back in one as soon as he could since Gibbs switched to toyotas.
Matt Kenseth, Greg Biffle, Carl Edwards, David Ragan, Trevor Bayne, David Gilliland, Travis Kvapil, Tony Raines, Even the King Richard Petty changed his fleet to Fords with Marcos Ambrose and AJ Allmindinger...Oh yeah Terry Labonte is driving for an independent Ford owner now. This Blue Oval Army will show them what it's all about

“Just Add Obama ”

Jacksonville Florida

#56 Feb 23, 2011
Reds wrote:
<quoted text>
Not sure either, as there was less of a playing field, fewer cars,no points,the retarded yellow line rule etc etc... Had they left the playing field level meaning no plates or restrictions someone would have figured out and engine package that would turn 9500-10000 rpms that lasted the full 500 miles and that would have been the domanate car.and yea they would have been running way over 200mph just like years ago and there wouldn't be any bumper tag pushie shoveie games being played because they would know it would mean your going home in a bag or for a ride in the choper
FYI, this is not the 1970’s or 1980’s where maybe 10 of the cars that showed up at the track have a snowballs chance in hell of winning. Guess you miss the days with maybe five cars on the lead lap, now that was entertainment. As for the engine issue 9 cars in the field had DEI/RCR Engines, 11 cars had Hendrick motors, 7 cars had Yates/Roush moters, then you go from their does not leave much to the Ernie Elliots types.

The days a of dominate car on the Super speedways, like Daytona and Talladega are long past and never to return again. Too many good teams with the money and engineering resources unlike the day long pasted. You could have taken the plates off the cars and very little would have changed, a two car draft would be faster than a single car draft just like it was in the 70’s and 80’s, watch some of the old 500’s drafting was a big part of racing then two. Every heard of the sling shot? Oh by the way I do agree with about the drivers “wouldn't be any bumper tag pushie shoveie games being played” if the y had been running way over 200mph just like years ago. You are 100% correct, granted the drivers and the fans would not have been and Daytona last week either as races at those tracks would be no more, at least with the current track configuration.
Mary

Fredericksburg, VA

#57 Feb 23, 2011
Ford Man wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is your driver? You seem to like Bill Elliot and he's a past timer and one of your posts said that you weren't born until after 1986. You don't seem to like anybody on the Roush team. You already told that Raider fan guy that you don't like Edwards, the Busch bros, or Jimmie Johnson.
Hendrick is just a bunch of losers. Mark Martin is a Ford Traitor. Dale Jr is just riding his daddy's legacy. Jeff Gordon made a name for himself, but every body hates him. Jimmie Johnson is pretty much the next coming of Gordon...He's like Nascar's version of WWE's HHH...never seems to lose the championship; which is why Wrestling Sucks.
The Roush team is the reason The NASCAR World is falling apart. Yes it may seem its the Hendrick teams fault to the average fan, but if you saw the early 2000's you'd know I'm right! I knew Carl Edwards was a scumbag since day 1! None of his teammates are any better!

As for Bill Elliott, I know most of his success was before I was born, but that doesn't mean hes sucked since my birth. He has won a lot, even in The NASCAR World. He is very successful!...

As for Wrestling, TNA is the Wrestling corporation that sucks. Only bad guys win! That's why I haven't watched them sicne 2008! WWE is very good & Triple H hasn't held the belt for a LONG while now.

As for who are my racing favorites... http://student.germanna.edu/stephensmc/Other%...
Typical

Reading, PA

#58 Feb 23, 2011
I have to laugh when someone who watches a show with fake wrestling, and enjoys it, has an opinion on race teams who spend millions each year to compete against each other.

One is real, and the other is a mockery of wrestling in the real world.

NASCAR is not a soap opera, and it most certainly is not playing favorites. There is no way you could convince me that with all the money the teams are putting into their programs that they are throwing races.

The fact is, racing is racing. If you don't like it, don't watch it. You can complain all you want but your pointless jibberish will not change a thing. There are fans like myself who enjoy the racing and everything around it.

I even go once a year to a different track on the east coast and do the NASCAR experience where you drive the cars yourself. Maybe you should get the WWF bug out of your head and go that. You might appreciate what those people go through during even a small portion of the race.
Mary

Fredericksburg, VA

#59 Feb 23, 2011
Typical wrote:
I have to laugh when someone who watches a show with fake wrestling, and enjoys it, has an opinion on race teams who spend millions each year to compete against each other. One is real, and the other is a mockery of wrestling in the real world.
Nowhere close to the point dude!... You want pathetic Wrestling? watch TNA! There you will see pathetic!...
Typical wrote:
NASCAR is not a soap opera, and it most certainly is not playing favorites. There is no way you could convince me that with all the money the teams are putting into their programs that they are throwing races.
It's not nessasarily about "throwing races", but NASCAR does tend to play favorites to manipulate races & points too. Let's not forget points! Ask Clint Boywer!...
Typical wrote:
The fact is, racing is racing. If you don't like it, don't watch it. You can complain all you want but your pointless jibberish will not change a thing. There are fans like myself who enjoy the racing and everything around it.
Believe me, I am starting to head that way... as for your "pointless jibberish", the 2X2 racing, THAT is pointless. the 2000 Daytona 500 was named "The Dud race of 2000" because it sucked, despite a somewhat dramatic finish. This race topped that!...
Typical wrote:
I even go once a year to a different track on the east coast and do the NASCAR experience where you drive the cars yourself. Maybe you should get the WWF bug out of your head and go that. You might appreciate what those people go through during even a small portion of the race.
Wish I could. Maybe that will renew my love for The NASCAR World, if I have any left. If not I'll just stay with the NHRA! The Wrestling World is better than you think!... Watch it sometime, you'll enjoy it!

“RaiderNation of Domination”

Since: May 07

Some West Texas County

#60 Feb 23, 2011
Mary wrote:
<quoted text>
The Roush team is the reason The NASCAR World is falling apart. Yes it may seem its the Hendrick teams fault to the average fan, but if you saw the early 2000's you'd know I'm right! I knew Carl Edwards was a scumbag since day 1! None of his teammates are any better!
As for Bill Elliott, I know most of his success was before I was born, but that doesn't mean hes sucked since my birth. He has won a lot, even in The NASCAR World. He is very successful!...
As for Wrestling, TNA is the Wrestling corporation that sucks. Only bad guys win! That's why I haven't watched them sicne 2008! WWE is very good & Triple H hasn't held the belt for a LONG while now.
As for who are my racing favorites... http://student.germanna.edu/stephensmc/Other%...
I think Hendrick is the greediest team in Nascar. Gordon is a legend. Johnson is getting the championships, Earnhart JR is the most popular driver and brings merchandise revenue in. I always wondered why there was always so much Jeff Gordon merchandise in the stores and it don't take a rocket scientist to figure it out. "If he's the most hated driver in Nascar, Why would anybody buy his merchandise?"

Mark Martin is passed his prime and Kasey Kahne (probably the second most popular driver) is coming over next year.
Typical

Reading, PA

#61 Feb 23, 2011
Mary wrote:
<quoted text>
Nowhere close to the point dude!... You want pathetic Wrestling? watch TNA! There you will see pathetic!...
<quoted text>
It's not nessasarily about "throwing races", but NASCAR does tend to play favorites to manipulate races & points too. Let's not forget points! Ask Clint Boywer!...
<quoted text>
Believe me, I am starting to head that way... as for your "pointless jibberish", the 2X2 racing, THAT is pointless. the 2000 Daytona 500 was named "The Dud race of 2000" because it sucked, despite a somewhat dramatic finish. This race topped that!...
<quoted text>
Wish I could. Maybe that will renew my love for The NASCAR World, if I have any left. If not I'll just stay with the NHRA! The Wrestling World is better than you think!... Watch it sometime, you'll enjoy it!
Sorry, you won't find me watching wrestling unless it's real wrestling. It's all about the competition, not the show.

While I agree that the 2x2 racing is strange, it's the only way to technically be the fastest around that track. So of course they are going to do it that way. You could easily see that if you got out of line you were done.

NHRA has always been my favorite. But you don't realize that even those teams deal with the same issues that NASCAR teams deal with. One of the main issues it money. Luckily, weather conditions play a large role in their performance.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NASCAR Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Can NASCAR's Brickyard 400 at Indianapolis Moto... 33 min BePhart 13
Well Lord Byron.... 1 hr MrTinkertrain24 1
News Busch's historic Indy chase includes hope for 5... 4 hr LastPhart 3
Alex Bowman replaces Dale Jr Fri MrTinkertrain24 6
Dale Earnhardt Sr.'s greatest rival. (Oct '06) Thu Hilton Head 52
News Matt Crafton wins NASCAR trucks race Thu Actually phart 2
News Kenseth addresses No. 88 talk Wed DidPhart 6
More from around the web