Comments
1 - 20 of 32 Comments Last updated Jan 3, 2014
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
newbreed

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Nov 10, 2013
 

Judged:

3

2

2

No, not actually. Sorry to get everyone's hopes up. It is time, though. He's washed up, a has-been. He had a great career but it's time to move on, make room for some hungry kid with fire in his eyes.
goob

Salem, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Nov 10, 2013
 

Judged:

3

You might be a little premature to say hes a has been. He has run pretty darn good the 2nd half of the season. If your thinking is right at least half the field should be looking for some other job. He has a couple more years to mix it up. I think 100 wins is what hes looking for. I wouldnt put past him. Go get em Jeff.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Nov 11, 2013
 
newbreed wrote:
No, not actually. Sorry to get everyone's hopes up. It is time, though. He's washed up, a has-been. He had a great career but it's time to move on, make room for some hungry kid with fire in his eyes.
Are you talking about Mark Martin?? He has needed to retire for at least the past 3 or 4 years.
Newbreed

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Nov 11, 2013
 
snow wrote:
<quoted text>Are you talking about Mark Martin?? He has needed to retire for at least the past 3 or 4 years.
No, I'm pretty sure the title says "Jeff Gordon".

“IN GOD WE TRUST”

Since: Jun 07

Raleigh

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Nov 12, 2013
 
I'll tell ya what, let's not send my man Jeff to the boneyard until we move some more of the more deserving deadwood out first. This isn't a complete list but just for starters let's these old boys out: Martin, Waltrip, Nemechek, Knapil, Burton, Menard, McMurray, Almirola, Mears, Gilliland, Patrick, Ragan, Blaney, Yeley, Reutimann, Stremme, McDowell, Speed, Sadler, etc. etc. etc. If my memory services me correctly, Jeff has won a race since any of these mouth breathers. He's won 4 championships since any of them farted with a bad odor. No, my man Jeff isn't ready for retirement, granted his best days are behind him BUT Jeff's bad days are better than anybody on this list's good days.
john q public

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Nov 13, 2013
 

Judged:

1

If I had the money he has, I would retire.
Hilton Head

Deland, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Nov 13, 2013
 

Judged:

1

goob wrote:
You might be a little premature to say hes a has been. He has run pretty darn good the 2nd half of the season. If your thinking is right at least half the field should be looking for some other job. He has a couple more years to mix it up. I think 100 wins is what hes looking for. I wouldnt put past him. Go get em Jeff.
I can count at least 33 drivers that are running sprint cup that should leave before he does.
newbreed

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Nov 13, 2013
 
Whoyakidding wrote:
I'll tell ya what, let's not send my man Jeff to the boneyard until we move some more of the more deserving deadwood out first. This isn't a complete list but just for starters let's these old boys out: Martin, Waltrip, Nemechek, Knapil, Burton, Menard, McMurray, Almirola, Mears, Gilliland, Patrick, Ragan, Blaney, Yeley, Reutimann, Stremme, McDowell, Speed, Sadler, etc. etc. etc. If my memory services me correctly, Jeff has won a race since any of these mouth breathers. He's won 4 championships since any of them farted with a bad odor. No, my man Jeff isn't ready for retirement, granted his best days are behind him BUT Jeff's bad days are better than anybody on this list's good days.
That is patent BS. Without even looking, I know that 10 of the drivers on your list have won races in Sprint Cup. Your argument has no merit. Try again.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Nov 14, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

newbreed wrote:
<quoted text>That is patent BS. Without even looking, I know that 10 of the drivers on your list have won races in Sprint Cup. Your argument has no merit. Try again.
He said they had not won since Gordon has won. Please check again.....
newbreed

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Nov 14, 2013
 
He said "Jeff's bad days are better than anybody on this list's good days." THAT is patent BS. Now YOU go check again.
Bubba

Saint Johnsville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Nov 14, 2013
 
snow wrote:
<quoted text>Are you talking about Mark Martin?? He has needed to retire for at least the past 3 or 4 years.
how many wins does Mark have for the last 3 years , then how many wins does Jr have for the last 3 years , Martin may be retiring , but he still wins more than Jr ....
newbreed

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Nov 14, 2013
 
Bubba wrote:
<quoted text>
how many wins does Mark have for the last 3 years , then how many wins does Jr have for the last 3 years , Martin may be retiring , but he still wins more than Jr ....
You have a point, but: why do we need to drag Jr. into this? He's doing all right, and may just have a multi-win season in '14, if that team keeps performing the way it has.

Since: Oct 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Nov 15, 2013
 
snow wrote:
<quoted text>He said they had not won since Gordon has won. Please check again.....
some people just start running their mouth before taking their foot of the clutch and putting their brain in gear. Surprised he didn't have Tony Stewart in there.
Hilton Head

Deland, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Nov 15, 2013
 
Rolling Papers wrote:
<quoted text> some people just start running their mouth before taking their foot of the clutch and putting their brain in gear. Surprised he didn't have Tony Stewart in there.
I I am looking forward to seeing Smoke back in the car.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Nov 16, 2013
 
newbreed wrote:
He said "Jeff's bad days are better than anybody on this list's good days." THAT is patent BS. Now YOU go check again.
I checked again and did not see any 4 time champions. Not even close. Very few even makes the chase... Check again...

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Nov 16, 2013
 
Bubba wrote:
<quoted text>
how many wins does Mark have for the last 3 years , then how many wins does Jr have for the last 3 years , Martin may be retiring , but he still wins more than Jr ....
If Martin is so loaded
with wins WHY is he never in the chase?? He has done a piss poor job driving Tony's car and now I doubt if he will be asked to drive next year. He needs to retire..
newbreed

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Nov 16, 2013
 
snow wrote:
<quoted text>I checked again and did not see any 4 time champions. Not even close. Very few even makes the chase... Check again...
Your lack of reading comprehension is remarkable, to say the least. You should stick to reading cereal boxes.
goob

Salem, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Nov 16, 2013
 
Newbreed your kinda all over the place arent you. Stick to one subject then maybe you can follow your own logic. Hiltonhead Im with you on your point. Those guys have been around awhile with nothing to show for it. They just like raggin on Danica because she hasnt won 4 or 5 this season. which IS her rookie season. Jeffs got alot of miles left.Agree with you to snow.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Nov 17, 2013
 
newbreed wrote:
<quoted text> Your lack of reading comprehension is remarkable, to say the least. You should stick to reading cereal boxes.
You should stick to staying off Topix.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Nov 17, 2013
 
goob wrote:
Newbreed your kinda all over the place arent you. Stick to one subject then maybe you can follow your own logic. Hiltonhead Im with you on your point. Those guys have been around awhile with nothing to show for it. They just like raggin on Danica because she hasnt won 4 or 5 this season. which IS her rookie season. Jeffs got alot of miles left.Agree with you to snow.
Thank you goob.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NASCAR Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tony Stewart silence heightens roar of criticism Tue Manic 2 39
Tony Stewart on Atlanta entry list Tue Manic 2 3
Danica's Consistency Paves Way to Another Top 3... Tue Cale 11 1
Will Dale Earnhardt Jr. Finally Contend for a N... (Jan '14) Aug 25 Jr IQ 88 232
NASCAR statement on Stewart news Aug 25 Jr IQ 88 20
Tony Stewart faces an uncertain future Aug 25 CatRod53 11
Mindy (Oct '07) Aug 24 mindy 90,977
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

NASCAR People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••