Ill Labonte extends Texas streak before bowing out

Apr 14, 2013 Full story: Seattle Times

Bobby Labonte stayed on a short list of NASCAR drivers who have started every Sprint Cup race in Texas - barely.

Full Story
Mary

Washington, DC

#1 Apr 15, 2013
I'm ashamed at Mike Bliss & his team for what they pulled. Bliss clearly said he would help LaBonte since they were a start-&-park! Bliss stayed on track banking on more start-&-parks just so he could get enough points to make sure he gets in the top 35 in points!? PATHETIC!!!!!

LaBonte got so ill he had to get out of the car himself & get to the care center. In addition, since the 2 DNQers, Scott Riggs & Scott Speed, went home, they weren't around to help either. That was a chicken move that Bliss & his team pulled. Luckily, Michael McDowell came to the rescue & helped LaBonte's team out since they knew they were a start-&-park & were advised over the situation. Thank you Michael McDowell!

New rule: If you're a DNQer, stay at the track anyways in the instance a driver in the race does get ill, so stuff like this doesn't happen again!

Here's hopeing LaBonte will be ok!

“RaiderNation of Domination”

Since: May 07

Some West Texas County

#2 Apr 16, 2013
Mary wrote:
I'm ashamed at Mike Bliss & his team for what they pulled. Bliss clearly said he would help LaBonte since they were a start-&-park! Bliss stayed on track banking on more start-&-parks just so he could get enough points to make sure he gets in the top 35 in points!? PATHETIC!!!!!
LaBonte got so ill he had to get out of the car himself & get to the care center. In addition, since the 2 DNQers, Scott Riggs & Scott Speed, went home, they weren't around to help either. That was a chicken move that Bliss & his team pulled. Luckily, Michael McDowell came to the rescue & helped LaBonte's team out since they knew they were a start-&-park & were advised over the situation. Thank you Michael McDowell!
New rule: If you're a DNQer, stay at the track anyways in the instance a driver in the race does get ill, so stuff like this doesn't happen again!
Here's hopeing LaBonte will be ok!
Very well stated Mary. I hope Labonte gets well soon too. He's one of of the few still going that I remember watching as a kid.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NASCAR Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Toyota in NASCAR Fri Hummm 2
This race fan is 'bummed' (Feb '12) Thu Sgt Prepper 91
Daytona Beach: Florida's Rape Capital (Mar '10) Dec 23 Joe 42
Merry Christmas Dec 22 Hilton Head 5
NASCAR Sprint Cup's Ricky Stenhouse Enters Batt... Dec 18 nelson 1
where's lil Jimmy Spencer? Dec 17 Vicious Vic 1
CMS Removing seats Dec 15 Uncle John Duckett 5
More from around the web