Anonymous

Portland, OR

#1 Sep 10, 2013
After listening to the interviews today I really get the feeling that the MWR guys really do not get it. They appear to be oblivious as to why people are so upset about this and why it is a big deal. It is very irritating that they play dumb. It honestly makes people more angry and does not help their cause at all. There is no believable excuse for you behavior so they need to stop trying to explain it. My guess there is about 40 cars( sprint cup alone- we won't even try to count the lower divisions) that want to run them into the wall for the position you have put them in this week (even if they did not want to before ) in having to justify the sport is not kin to WWE and having to answer a ton of questions about cheating and why they would want to be in a sport that condones it. Then there are the fans who put out a lot of money( in the real working world) to attend a race they are passionate about to have a group guys who make a box of rocks look genius mess it up for them. Believe it or not they scrimp and save for 51 weeks to pay for this.Next The other teams that are smarter than the genius box of rocks that compete with you , sponsors, track owners and team owners drivers and their foundations and NASCAR (the corporation itself)and vendors . Do you understand what each empty seat means in lost revenue at the track? that is a fan who is given up on this sport...is not buying a ticket . Is not buying t shirts or other merchandise, is not buying food or drink and is not giving to the many worthy causes that NASCAR and their drivers support. Is not using motels,hotels restaurants, other other amenities each race city provides it's visitors. MWR I hope at some point this will come to you or someone can draw pictures to illustrate this for you to make you understand what your plan did to mess things up more than royally for everyone. off my soapbox now ...
Todd

Phoenix, AZ

#2 Sep 10, 2013
Well Michael WAltrip is their owner and he acts like a complete retard every time he's on camera.
Jake from state farm

London, KY

#3 Sep 11, 2013
SHRWOOTWOOT wrote:
After listening to the interviews today I really get the feeling that the MWR guys really do not get it. They appear to be oblivious as to why people are so upset about this and why it is a big deal. It is very irritating that they play dumb. It honestly makes people more angry and does not help their cause at all. There is no believable excuse for you behavior so they need to stop trying to explain it. My guess there is about 40 cars( sprint cup alone- we won't even try to count the lower divisions) that want to run them into the wall for the position you have put them in this week (even if they did not want to before ) in having to justify the sport is not kin to WWE and having to answer a ton of questions about cheating and why they would want to be in a sport that condones it. Then there are the fans who put out a lot of money( in the real working world) to attend a race they are passionate about to have a group guys who make a box of rocks look genius mess it up for them. Believe it or not they scrimp and save for 51 weeks to pay for this.Next The other teams that are smarter than the genius box of rocks that compete with you , sponsors, track owners and team owners drivers and their foundations and NASCAR (the corporation itself)and vendors . Do you understand what each empty seat means in lost revenue at the track? that is a fan who is given up on this sport...is not buying a ticket . Is not buying t shirts or other merchandise, is not buying food or drink and is not giving to the many worthy causes that NASCAR and their drivers support. Is not using motels,hotels restaurants, other other amenities each race city provides it's visitors. MWR I hope at some point this will come to you or someone can draw pictures to illustrate this for you to make you understand what your plan did to mess things up more than royally for everyone. off my soapbox now ...
Very good post, thank you. That is the way I feel also!
Cale 11

Grapevine, TX

#4 Sep 11, 2013
On yesterday's NASCAR Race Hub, Michael Waltrip said, "NASCAR looked at the tapes and don't believe he spun on purpose. I have no reason to believe he did." And then he played the victim card and complained about how people have been so mean and how much he loves his family blah blah blah.

MW, that was your opportunity to come clean. No respect.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#5 Sep 11, 2013
"Cheating" has been a part of local and NASCAR racing forever...Vickers coming in is not cheating--they can't tell you when to pit....
Boyer got caught, but what do you expect him to say?
Would you expect Chad/Jimmie to report each time their cars are altered beyond the rules?
People spin and wait to refire until they get a caution..racers jump the start ....it's part of the game

In my opinion, NASCAR reacted properly in Boyer's case...still not sure about Edwards, but it's too late now
Hilton Head

Deland, FL

#6 Sep 11, 2013
I don't know how bad nascar is hurting, but it doesn't seem to be affecting the multi million dollar project going on at Daytona.
Cale 11

Grapevine, TX

#7 Sep 11, 2013
If you intentionally do something wrong and get caught, I expect you to admit what you did. That initial sting is much easier than a lifetime of living the lie.

Boss Spearman said it best: "A man's trust is a valuable thing. You don't want to lose it for a handful of cards." (or a car race)
WWE CRASHCAR 2013

Florham Park, NJ

#9 Sep 12, 2013
It's football season, baseball playoff are coming, hockey and basketball are starting up. NASCAR's chase is beyond stupid, look for empty seats and low TV ratings and more WWE nonsense from the boobs running the show.
george

Shawano, WI

#10 Sep 17, 2013
Todd wrote:
Well Michael WAltrip is their owner and he acts like a complete retard every time he's on camera.
I don't think hes acting

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NASCAR Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Daytona Beach: Florida's Rape Capital (Mar '10) Tue Joe 42
Merry Christmas Dec 22 Hilton Head 5
NASCAR Sprint Cup's Ricky Stenhouse Enters Batt... Dec 18 nelson 1
where's lil Jimmy Spencer? Dec 17 Vicious Vic 1
CMS Removing seats Dec 15 Uncle John Duckett 5
NASCAR driver Brian Vickers, November 2014 Dec 15 genobandito 1
NASCAR failed Dec 15 Hummm 2
More from around the web