NASCAR: Martin Truex Jr. Be 'The Man' at DEI ???

May 31, 2007 Full story: Paddock Talk 95

NASCAR: Martin Truex Jr. Be "The Man" at DEI ? In a NASCAR teleconference Martin Truex Jr. via Paddock Talk

Full Story
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
junebug

Snow Hill, NC

#1 Jun 5, 2007
HE SHOULD BE, JR CAN NOT DRIVE

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#2 Jun 5, 2007
junebug wrote:
HE SHOULD BE, JR CAN NOT DRIVE
This is only his first cup win. Wonder how long it will take the man to get another one,,,,,,,

“Best of the Best of the Best..”

Since: Jan 07

Upstate NY

#3 Jun 5, 2007
snow wrote:
<quoted text> This is only his first cup win. Wonder how long it will take the man to get another one,,,,,,,
should end up being around 50 some odd races!
Rich

Obregon, Mexico

#5 Jun 5, 2007
Well, who knows how long. But, in the NextelCup/Winston Cup series Truex is only 16 wins behind. Shouldn't be hard to catch up unless Jr. gets his mojo going.
montgomery

Luverne, AL

#6 Jun 5, 2007
snow wrote:
<quoted text> This is only his first cup win. Wonder how long it will take the man to get another one,,,,,,,
i don't think it is going to take long.. martin is slowing moving up in the points . i said that martin would knock someone out of the top 12. just didn't know it would be jr..
Jackie

Zanesville, OH

#7 Jun 7, 2007
kindness rules wrote:
Martin has been doing good all year and i do believe that now that RCR and DEI are merged we will be seeing a lot of these two team's having a lot of win's but it did prove that DEI does have it to win race's unlike what JR was saying!!I was so happy for DEI and i am sure SR is smilling big and long for the corp, he worked so hard for, god rest his soul and he well never let it go down!!
Your an idiot. Jr was telling the truth DEI can't win races. If it wasn't for him point out what is clear to everyone else they would not had teamed up with RCR. Martin Truex won one race DALE JR has one how many. You must not be watching Nascar to often. Dale has been Martin's Mentor and if I were Martin I would not be getting so cocky. And as for Dale SR. he's proably already turned over in his grave and what a smables his compnay has become with a idiot in charge.
tagm

Youngstown, OH

#8 Jun 7, 2007
@kindness rules and others who share your sentiments

Junior never said DEI couldn't win races. He actually said at the press conference announcing he was leaving that DEI would continue to be successful. What he said was that he didn't think he could win championships at DEI, a valid claim. They have not put Junior in the best equipment in recent years, despite what Junior haters claim. Just look at his average starting positions and lack of poles. It's gotten worse and worse. Nothing spectacular has been under his hood since 2003/2004. I also think it's sad that the changes Junior would have made had he gotten 51%, which would have allowed him to make team decisions, didn't start happening until May 17th, a week after he announced he was leaving. They merged engine programs with RCR--they should have never let the RAD program fall apart, in the first place. They're starting to test at tracks with non-Goodyears the way Hendrick, Childress, and Gibbs have, teams ahead of and better than DEI. And they're looking into buying a seven-post shaker, finally. Even up-start Ginn had one of those coming into the season. Theresa let DEI slip. And now that things are turning around, best of luck to her. And Truex Jr. No hate towards DEI on this Dale Jr. fan's end. Just disappointment at the way some people have felt the need to tear Junior down in all this, when really what it came down to was this: he wasn't happy driving for DEI. His relationship with his owner wasn't what he wanted it to be. How many years was he supposed to stay in a situation he wasn't happy in? One more thing, before I shut up; to anyone who may point out where Junior is in the standings as "proof" he's talentless: he had 2 engine failures within weeks of the season starting. So not even 2 months into the season, he was at a points deficit. And engine failures aside, had he not been docked 100 points for something Eury Jr. or someone under him did, he'd be safely inside the top 12.
cristi

Mauldin, SC

#9 Jun 10, 2007
i love dale jr and martin truex jr
Cristy

Newark, OH

#10 Jun 10, 2007
Martin Truex Jr. Is going to success more and more. DEI is going to lose one of the best drivers they have had because Teresa wants to be a controlling woman and not let JR. have it. I think he would do better at running the place.
Z France

Virginia Beach, VA

#11 Jun 10, 2007
This Is A big Topic yeah truex has only won one race and that is beacuse of jr. If it wasnt for jr he wouldt of even had a chance in teh busch cause jr gave him that chance.And yall truex fans dont get to cocky i love the guy but its one win casey mears had his first win do you think he is gonna start wining championships now?

Since: Feb 07

Louisville, KY

#12 Jun 10, 2007
Martin was picked by Jr. to drive for his and DEI's joint Bush team. Martin and Jr are great friends and Dale Jr wants DEI to be sucessful for his family's sake. Sometimes you have to leave home in order to repair or save relationships. All the Earnhardts have a strong family tie to the company that Teresa controls for now.Congratulation to Martin Truex Jr. for a great win that he celebrated with Dale Jr. when they got back home.
JULES

Cincinnati, OH

#13 Jun 13, 2007
THE GUY GETS 1 WIN AND NOW HE'S THE MAN AT TEI????WHAT CRACK PIPE ARE PPL SMOKIN...HES A GOOD DRIVER BUT 1 WIN DOESNT MEAN ANYTHING TO ME WHEN HE WINS A FEW MORE I MIGHT BE SATISFIED//

“Drive 26”

Since: May 07

Hillsboro, MO

#14 Jun 13, 2007
Z France wrote:
This Is A big Topic yeah truex has only won one race and that is beacuse of jr. If it wasnt for jr he wouldt of even had a chance in teh busch cause jr gave him that chance.And yall truex fans dont get to cocky i love the guy but its one win casey mears had his first win do you think he is gonna start wining championships now?
yeah no doubt one win doesn't =a championship

it takes at least 18...
shelly

United States

#15 Jun 13, 2007
McMurray26 wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah no doubt one win doesn't =a championship
it takes at least 18...
No but its a start. Look at the drivers who have never won. And think about this....we all have had to start somewhere with the help of SOMEONE. Who cares how Truex got in the car, he won a race, and TWO BUSCH championships. He can obviously drive or he still wouldn't be in that car. I dont see headlines about Kerry Earnhardt. Now if the name got them where they are why arent the headlines about him? HMMMMM
Frank

Maryville, TN

#16 Jun 13, 2007
Doesn't anyone find it odd that since Jr announced he was leaving DEI Teresa seems to have stepped it up a little? It's a shame she didn't do it sooner. I think she wanted Jr out of DEI. Wait and see - DEI will be really competitive in 2008.
montgomery

Luverne, AL

#17 Jun 13, 2007
Frank wrote:
Doesn't anyone find it odd that since Jr announced he was leaving DEI Teresa seems to have stepped it up a little? It's a shame she didn't do it sooner. I think she wanted Jr out of DEI. Wait and see - DEI will be really competitive in 2008.
hey frank i don't agree about her wanting jr. gone. but dei will be competitive she is shifting people around. how about the rumor kyle busch to dei?

“Will drive for Schlitz”

Since: Jan 07

Collierville, TN

#18 Jun 13, 2007
I think Truex is talented. DEI just needs to get/keep their act together. I think MTJ will do fine.
Frank

Maryville, TN

#19 Jun 13, 2007
montgomery wrote:
<quoted text>
hey frank i don't agree about her wanting jr. gone. but dei will be competitive she is shifting people around. how about the rumor kyle busch to dei?
Yes I think Kyle Busch will go to DEI. I'm sure they want him he's a good driver. Maybe Teresa would agree to trade the #8 to Rick Hendrick for the #5. What do you think?

Since: Jun 07

Dutchess County, NY

#20 Jun 14, 2007
Frank wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I think Kyle Busch will go to DEI. I'm sure they want him he's a good driver. Maybe Teresa would agree to trade the #8 to Rick Hendrick for the #5. What do you think?
I saw this mentioned on another site. Let's hope they could trade numbers. I think Kyle Busch might do good teamed up with Truex Jr. I like Martin, I want him to succeed. I hope DEI doesn't let him down!
Truex1

AOL

#21 Aug 29, 2007
You know what is ironic is that I have a friend who works in the media. I was a die hard Rusty Wallace fan (only cause my father was a Dale Sr fan and I was competitive w/him). Once Rusty retired I needed a driver. At first it was Dale Jr and I collected the goodies with him on it and that sort of thing. Then my friend in the media introduced me to someone she knew in Arca and said I should follow someone from the beginning to the end. Well in came Martin Truex Jr. I followed him from the early days and I can tell you I feel like a proud mother watching what he has become. I remember getting his name on my plate on my car and everyone asking who that was. Trust me, not many ask anymore, they know. I knew it would take time for Martin to get where he needed to be and that one year in Nextel gave him that chance. Now look at him! He has the ability and the opportunity to make DEI proud and they will have a top driver in him, if they dont think so already. Having someone like Mark Martin now with DEI as a driver can only make drivers such as Truex more valuable as they learn from the best. Martin Truex has never been arrogant about anything in his life. He has been open to advice and look where it has gotten him.

I met Martin two years ago at DEI and I can tell you he was a class act. I can not wait for the Bass Pro Shops that is going up in my area so that I can take my daughters to meet Truex so they too can see that good guys do drive for the Nextel series. Bless his parents for keeping a great head on that guys shoulders.

Keep doing what you do Martin and we all who believe in you will stand behind and cheer your way to a Nextel Cup Championship.:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NASCAR Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Daytona Beach: Florida's Rape Capital (Mar '10) Tue Joe 42
Merry Christmas Dec 22 Hilton Head 5
NASCAR Sprint Cup's Ricky Stenhouse Enters Batt... Dec 18 nelson 1
where's lil Jimmy Spencer? Dec 17 Vicious Vic 1
CMS Removing seats Dec 15 Uncle John Duckett 5
NASCAR driver Brian Vickers, November 2014 Dec 15 genobandito 1
NASCAR failed Dec 15 Hummm 2
More from around the web