NASCAR informs team of rules to open Speedweeks, will start with restrictor plate that ended test

Jan 22, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Scene Daily

NASCAR will return to Daytona International Speedway in February with the same restrictor plate that it left with when testing ended earlier this month.

Comments
1 - 15 of 15 Comments Last updated Jan 26, 2012
Duh

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2012

I really do not like the 2 car hookup. takes away from fun racing.
WWE CRASHCAR 2012

Trumbull, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2012

Judged:

All the teams except for Jr's were informed Friday of the rules configuration for Daytona, which includes a restrictor plate with holes 29/32nds of an inch in diameter, the restrictor plate is the same as what was used for the first and third days of the three-day test. In the second day of that three-day test, teams used a restrictor plate with holes 30/32nds of an inch, but not only did speeds climb to 206 mph, but the RPMs were well over the 9100 that engine builders say is the maximum for the engines they’re building to last 500 miles; Jr and only Jr will use that plate.

Also, teams were informed Friday by Helton and France not to bother reading the rule book; they'll make them up as they see fit. Same old, same old!

Since: Jan 12

Taylors, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2012

WWE CRASHCAR 2012 wrote:
All the teams except for Jr's were informed Friday of the rules configuration for Daytona, which includes a restrictor plate with holes 29/32nds of an inch in diameter, the restrictor plate is the same as what was used for the first and third days of the three-day test. In the second day of that three-day test, teams used a restrictor plate with holes 30/32nds of an inch, but not only did speeds climb to 206 mph, but the RPMs were well over the 9100 that engine builders say is the maximum for the engines they’re building to last 500 miles; Jr and only Jr will use that plate.
Also, teams were informed Friday by Helton and France not to bother reading the rule book; they'll make them up as they see fit. Same old, same old!
The 88 team was informed just like every other team. The 88 does not get a special plate. I am not a faithful fan of the 88 team. I am however a fan of the truth and your bias towards the 88 drives your dishonesty. Your right, same ole , same ole, Jr haters posting stuff to make it look like NASCAR favors him. I cannot understand the reason or rhyme behind your behaviour, surely if the 88 was favored they would have finished better than 7th last year and at least one win would have occured for the 88. Get your story straight and tell the truth, it will gain you more integrity, until then your just a biased 88 hater that uses lies to try and make a point.
WWE CRASHCAR 2012

Florham Park, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2012

Krazy Koot wrote:
<quoted text>The 88 team was informed just like every other team. The 88 does not get a special plate. I am not a faithful fan of the 88 team. I am however a fan of the truth and your bias towards the 88 drives your dishonesty. Your right, same ole , same ole, Jr haters posting stuff to make it look like NASCAR favors him. I cannot understand the reason or rhyme behind your behaviour, surely if the 88 was favored they would have finished better than 7th last year and at least one win would have occured for the 88. Get your story straight and tell the truth, it will gain you more integrity, until then your just a biased 88 hater that uses lies to try and make a point.
I just can't let those two scams go; the 2001 Pepsi 400, and the 2010 Wrangler car fraud. "Fool me once, shame on you; Fool me twice, shame on me; Jr Nation, bend over here it comes again!

Taylors, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2012

WWE CRASHCAR 2012 wrote:
<quoted text>
I just can't let those two scams go; the 2001 Pepsi 400, and the 2010 Wrangler car fraud. "Fool me once, shame on you; Fool me twice, shame on me; Jr Nation, bend over here it comes again!
I am assuming that you have proof that those two races were scams??????
Hilton Head

Kissimmee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2012

The Wrangler car win was such a farce. First of all nascar had to run it in a nationwide race because most of the cup drivers cannot be controlled like the nationwide drivers and would not sit back and let a pre-selected driver win. Second, the last laps of the race Logano, who noticeably had the faster car just sat back on jr's rear bumper and never made an attempt to pass him. He was afraid he wouldn't make it out of the speedway alive if he had. Thirdly, Kyle bush who also noticeably had a faster car than jr pitted with 10 laps to go putting himself far enough back in the field so he could just cruise and not be subjected to the same humility as Logano and fourthly it was jr's first win in such a long time and he wouldn't do a burnout or any other type of celebration for his adoring fans. He said he didn't want to tear up the car. First time I ever heard that one. The truth is he was as embarrassed with that win as Logano is to this day for letting him win. Think about it, the number 3 Wrangler car with junior driving, orchestrated all the way.

Taylors, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2012

Hilton Head wrote:
The Wrangler car win was such a farce. First of all nascar had to run it in a nationwide race because most of the cup drivers cannot be controlled like the nationwide drivers and would not sit back and let a pre-selected driver win. Second, the last laps of the race Logano, who noticeably had the faster car just sat back on jr's rear bumper and never made an attempt to pass him. He was afraid he wouldn't make it out of the speedway alive if he had. Thirdly, Kyle bush who also noticeably had a faster car than jr pitted with 10 laps to go putting himself far enough back in the field so he could just cruise and not be subjected to the same humility as Logano and fourthly it was jr's first win in such a long time and he wouldn't do a burnout or any other type of celebration for his adoring fans. He said he didn't want to tear up the car. First time I ever heard that one. The truth is he was as embarrassed with that win as Logano is to this day for letting him win. Think about it, the number 3 Wrangler car with junior driving, orchestrated all the way.
Guess we will never know for sure, I just cannot believe that. I think you and Jr haters like you just have to do anything to dismiss that win. Why cant you just give the guy credit for a win and let it go?? You are only speculating and have shown no real evidence of NASCAR fixing that race. I think your just a sore loser! With all the people it would have took to pull that off and keep it quiet, it just isnt reality. Every official and team would have to be in on it and I just cant see Kyle "letting " someone else win, no way any day!!! Your wrong friend, you cant prove what isnt true.
WWE CRASHCAR 2012

Trumbull, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2012

Judged:

Krazy Koot wrote:
<quoted text>Guess we will never know for sure, I just cannot believe that. I think you and Jr haters like you just have to do anything to dismiss that win. Why cant you just give the guy credit for a win and let it go?? You are only speculating and have shown no real evidence of NASCAR fixing that race. I think your just a sore loser! With all the people it would have took to pull that off and keep it quiet, it just isnt reality. Every official and team would have to be in on it and I just cant see Kyle "letting " someone else win, no way any day!!! Your wrong friend, you cant prove what isnt true.
I'm always right, and I never lie!

Taylors, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2012

WWE CRASHCAR 2012 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm always right, and I never lie!
Well, you arent right about the scams and you just lied when you said you never did, guess your batting zero on both accounts.
Hilton Head

Kissimmee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2012

Krazy Koot wrote:
<quoted text>Guess we will never know for sure, I just cannot believe that. I think you and Jr haters like you just have to do anything to dismiss that win. Why cant you just give the guy credit for a win and let it go?? You are only speculating and have shown no real evidence of NASCAR fixing that race. I think your just a sore loser! With all the people it would have took to pull that off and keep it quiet, it just isnt reality. Every official and team would have to be in on it and I just cant see Kyle "letting " someone else win, no way any day!!! Your wrong friend, you cant prove what isnt true.
I don't know if you watched that race, but I did and I stated my opinion as to what I witnessed. There isn't a soul on this earth or departed that I have ever hated so your label doesn't stick here. You love Jr., no problem, that's your perogitive. I feel he's over rated and would only be recognized as a mid pack driver if his last name wasn't Earnhardt.

Taylors, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2012

Hilton Head wrote:
<quoted text>I don't know if you watched that race, but I did and I stated my opinion as to what I witnessed. There isn't a soul on this earth or departed that I have ever hated so your label doesn't stick here. You love Jr., no problem, that's your perogitive. I feel he's over rated and would only be recognized as a mid pack driver if his last name wasn't Earnhardt.
Still its no proof and 7th in last years points is far more than a midpack driver. I dont love Jr, I do love folks being real and your assesment of that race is yours and your opinion alone, I cant help it if it matched most haters opinion. I hate for anybody, I repeat, anybody to get a bad rap, most comments on this forum are childish and biased towards Jr. Plenty of drivers had a far worse year than Jr and you hear nobody calling them gay or untalented or any of the other crap that is posted here about him. Im of the opinion that if a driver makes the field hes done a pretty cool thing. I wish I had the talent and the nerve to do what they do, but I dont, thats why Im just a fan. Oh, and the only drivers I dont have much respect for are the start and park teams, thats a waste in my book, but it does put money in those pockets. So, if I have offended you in anyway, I apologize, for folks to be blalently cruel to someone because of the last name they have is pretty uncool to me. Still, I think it would be close to impossiable for NASCAR to keep a fixing of a race quiet, to many folks involved for that to happen.
WWE CRASHCAR 2012

Trumbull, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2012

Krazy Koot wrote:
<quoted text>Still its no proof and 7th in last years points is far more than a midpack driver. I dont love Jr, I do love folks being real and your assesment of that race is yours and your opinion alone, I cant help it if it matched most haters opinion. I hate for anybody, I repeat, anybody to get a bad rap, most comments on this forum are childish and biased towards Jr. Plenty of drivers had a far worse year than Jr and you hear nobody calling them gay or untalented or any of the other crap that is posted here about him. Im of the opinion that if a driver makes the field hes done a pretty cool thing. I wish I had the talent and the nerve to do what they do, but I dont, thats why Im just a fan. Oh, and the only drivers I dont have much respect for are the start and park teams, thats a waste in my book, but it does put money in those pockets. So, if I have offended you in anyway, I apologize, for folks to be blalently cruel to someone because of the last name they have is pretty uncool to me. Still, I think it would be close to impossiable for NASCAR to keep a fixing of a race quiet, to many folks involved for that to happen.
7th in points was all about the team and the car. Put any mid-pack driver in that car and they'd be around 7th in points. As far as fixing a race at Daytona; all it takes is a larger plate, no great conspiracy.
Joe Krupinski

Port Washington, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2012

Enogh about the true or false Wranglers race. NSCAR has produced a new list of rules for Speedweek:

1. Signal when turning.
2. No beeping the horn.
3. Full stops at all stop signs.
4. No going through yellow lights.
5. No pedal to the metal.
who cares

Oak Hill, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2012

Oh, and nascar also repeated on rule that is a must, all the announcers HAVE to make a big deal of goooonior in the race even though he is in the back of the pack, no chance of winning, no sign he is even a competitor, and will AGAIN, lose the race.
Wang

Raleigh, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2012

Krazy Koot wrote:
<quoted text>Still its no proof and 7th in last years points is far more than a midpack driver. I dont love Jr, I do love folks being real and your assesment of that race is yours and your opinion alone, I cant help it if it matched most haters opinion. I hate for anybody, I repeat, anybody to get a bad rap, most comments on this forum are childish and biased towards Jr. Plenty of drivers had a far worse year than Jr and you hear nobody calling them gay or untalented or any of the other crap that is posted here about him. Im of the opinion that if a driver makes the field hes done a pretty cool thing. I wish I had the talent and the nerve to do what they do, but I dont, thats why Im just a fan. Oh, and the only drivers I dont have much respect for are the start and park teams, thats a waste in my book, but it does put money in those pockets. So, if I have offended you in anyway, I apologize, for folks to be blalently cruel to someone because of the last name they have is pretty uncool to me. Still, I think it would be close to impossiable for NASCAR to keep a fixing of a race quiet, to many folks involved for that to happen.
Curt based on rast name uncoor.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

10 Users are viewing the NASCAR Forum right now

Search the NASCAR Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Why did Dale Earnhardt, Jr. switch to Hendrick ... (Mar '10) 7 hr Wang 68
Mindy (Oct '07) 10 hr Vincent Kennedy McMahon 90,971
Pay dirt: Darrell Wallace Jr. wins truck race a... 10 hr Manic 2 1
How do you become a NASCAR driver? (Mar '06) 19 hr Smak 856
Could Ty Dillon Be the First Nationwide Rookie ... Jul 21 Hummm 6
Shepherd Accident Raises Age Question in NASCAR Jul 18 SNOW 6
Fired up for IWK 250 Jul 18 Joshua Cochrane and Mom 1
•••
•••