Bonus points
goob

Salem, KY

#1 Nov 9, 2013
I have complained all year about CUP drivers running nationwide and here is where its the most important. Cup drivers have won 3/4 of the races as it is BUT take the cup drivers out of the equation how would the nationwide championship points race look ? How many bonus pts. would Dillon and Hornish have for leading a lap and leading most laps ? There is just something not right about this. If you agree fine if not thats fine too. In the cup races Bonus Points are really important why not in the nationwide.
flatt

Hartland, WI

#2 Nov 10, 2013
I agree with you. The only problem is, remove the cup drivers and the attendance suffers. The cost of running a Nationwide team is similar to running a Cup team
Attendance =$, I know its a small piece of overall picture, but It does affect the $ NASCAR gets from all broadcasting media, especially TV
Remove the cup drivers and Nationwide suffers, with them in there it does raise the bar and benefits the Nationwide drivers themselves, in an indirect way.
It does suck the see nearly all wins go to Cup drivers,
but it does increase fan base..
goob

Salem, KY

#3 Nov 10, 2013
I do agree with you about cup drivers pumping interest and bringing in money in nationwide, Im just saying the bonus points are almost non existent for the championship in nationwide. Their should be some way for nationwide drivers to have the same chance to pick up bonus points especially when the championship is so close.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NASCAR Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Race finish 3 hr Happy Gilmore 5
Internet Trolls 11 hr I know dats right 1
Danica, Can't drive ??? 12 hr Nascar sux 35
New rules package Mon Dean Pierce 7
Draftkings Nascar Mon Nascar sux 2
N ot A S port C entered A round R ednecks Mon Nascar sux 1
How do you become a NASCAR driver? (Mar '06) Mon Nascar sux 862
More from around the web