Kurt Busch may be fourth car for SHR

Kurt Busch may be fourth car for SHR

There are 86 comments on the Fox Sports story from Aug 19, 2013, titled Kurt Busch may be fourth car for SHR. In it, Fox Sports reports that:

Lee Spencer is the Senior NASCAR Writer for FOXSports.com. She has provided award-winning coverage of auto racing over the last 15 years.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fox Sports.

CatRod53

Harvey, IL

#21 Aug 19, 2013
manc 2 wrote:
AUDIO:@RyanNewman39 talks about his future plans and whether or not he was misled by @StewartHaasRcng http://snd.sc/1eY3GXK
No doubt, Ryan was totally blind-sided today.

I can't help but wonder if Tony was too?

"Misled" is a kind word if the Kurt Busch crap is true. SHR is going to lose fans because of this. You can't tell me "it's just business" because it's Dirty Business, and it's just wrong!

“PUNCH IN THE MOUTH”

Since: Sep 10

PUNCHVILLE, USA

#22 Aug 19, 2013
manc 2 wrote:
<quoted text> I know it is mainly the sponsor's that make the choice as who drives any of the cup cars. As far as Dega goes I would think they would want a seasoned driver behind the wheel. J/S
Simple, Mark HATES restrictor plate racing. That's why he chooses not to run those races, with the exception of the Daytona 500, for obvious reasons.

“IN GOD WE TRUST”

Since: Jun 07

Raleigh

#23 Aug 19, 2013
Me thinks ole Gene may have tried to pull a sneaky on Smoke while he was down and couldn't look out. I'm convince there is no way in hell Smoke wants the likes Kurt Busch driving for him. Just do see it happening.

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#24 Aug 19, 2013
Gene is a money man. Maybe he sees Kurt bringing in more sponsors and media attention than Ryan. Who knows.

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#25 Aug 19, 2013
Also, does anyone think Mark may be trying to get a limited schedule gig with SHR next year, now that he's done with MWR? Maybe he will split a schedule with Danica and do some mentoring with her. Just ideas. Where do you think Mark will be next year? Or,I can see him splitting seat time in the 42 with Kyke Larson.
Manic 2

West Hartford, CT

#26 Aug 19, 2013
Well to be honest . I do not see Kurt B getting along with Kevin H. I really do not believe the 2 will make good teammates . Both men can be quite volatile. JMO
WHOYAKIDDING

Raleigh, NC

#27 Aug 20, 2013
Manic 2 wrote:
Well to be honest . I do not see Kurt B getting along with Kevin H. I really do not believe the 2 will make good teammates . Both men can be quite volatile. JMO
Exactly. Someone would get strangled.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#28 Aug 20, 2013
Nascar should consider leveling the playing field for single and two car teams...maybe cap the combined testing time of teams?
Smoke

United States

#29 Aug 20, 2013
WHOYAKIDDING wrote:
<quoted text>Exactly. Someone would get strangled.
And guarantee it wouldn't be Kevin! Remember when Kevin took Edward's to the hood of his car in less than a blink of the eye.
Smoke

United States

#30 Aug 20, 2013
Jusy_Sayn wrote:
Nascar should consider leveling the playing field for single and two car teams...maybe cap the combined testing time of teams?
Actually testing is capped per organization, not teams. Each organization is allowed 4 tests at sanctioned tracks per season, not 4 tests per team. That's why you the whole organization go to the same track at the same time. HMS has 4 teams but they still only get 4 sanctioned track tests not 16. Same w/JGR who has 3 teams, still only 4 tests not 12.
WHOYAKIDDING

Raleigh, NC

#31 Aug 20, 2013
Jusy_Sayn wrote:
I'm a Hendrick Racing fan but I'm a stockcar racing fan first. I agree that something should be done to spread the opportunity to win as wide across the board as possible. I'm just not sure it's healthy for the sport to have mega-teams like Hendricks. HMS has four of it's own teams and several others that they provide chassis's, bodies and engines for and several more that lease their engines. On any given Sunday afternoon, half or more of the GM teams are connected to HMS in some way. That is a lot of sway. Some type of limits should be placed on the mega-teams.
Smoke14

Memphis, TN

#32 Aug 20, 2013
Kurt Busch over Ryan Newman. We all know that Tony was only brought into Haas for his name and sponsorships as no money changed hands and Tony got a percentage of the business as owner just for that. Zippy to do something without Tony knowing, I really find that hard to believe. If I was Ryan I would be fighing mad but we all know it is a money issue not a people issue. I wish Ryan would take the championship and show them all, even Tony, even if he is/was my favorite. I am losing my faith in Tony right now. Just get well soon
CatRod53

Fort Wayne, IN

#33 Aug 20, 2013
WHOYAKIDDING wrote:
<quoted text>I'm a Hendrick Racing fan but I'm a stockcar racing fan first. I agree that something should be done to spread the opportunity to win as wide across the board as possible. I'm just not sure it's healthy for the sport to have mega-teams like Hendricks. HMS has four of it's own teams and several others that they provide chassis's, bodies and engines for and several more that lease their engines. On any given Sunday afternoon, half or more of the GM teams are connected to HMS in some way. That is a lot of sway. Some type of limits should be placed on the mega-teams.
very good points - you make a solid argument!

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#34 Aug 20, 2013
Smoke wrote:
<quoted text>Actually testing is capped per organization, not teams. Each organization is allowed 4 tests at sanctioned tracks per season, not 4 tests per team. That's why you the whole organization go to the same track at the same time. HMS has 4 teams but they still only get 4 sanctioned track tests not 16. Same w/JGR who has 3 teams, still only 4 tests not 12.
Thanks.. I didn't know

I guess it's hard to level when some have such large scale/ budgets...I hate that people like McClure were pushed out....and don't want the field controlled by 3-4 teams or who has the prettiest smile...Kurt's an a- hole, but he can drive and it's good to see an underdog compete...

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#35 Aug 21, 2013
Smoke wrote:
<quoted text>
And guarantee it wouldn't be Kevin! Remember when Kevin took Edward's to the hood of his car in less than a blink of the eye.
I also
remember when he worked Biffle over and gave up a race for it but laughed and said he would do it again if needed. He has put Kylie Busch
on warning a few times also.
JohnnyDeppfan2

Pensacola, FL

#36 Aug 22, 2013
snow wrote:
<quoted text>I also
remember when he worked Biffle over and gave up a race for it but laughed and said he would do it again if needed. He has put Kylie Busch
on warning a few times also.
His name is Kyle. and Kevin is a bully, He has a brat now, He should grow up

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#37 Aug 23, 2013
JohnnyDeppfan2 wrote:
<quoted text>
His name is Kyle. and Kevin is a bully, He has a brat now, He should grow up
I know his name he calls himself Rowdy so I will call him Kylie. You had better believe Kevin can be a bully and don't take any crap. How do you know his son is a brat?? I think he has grown up more than your Kylie buddy has. Kylie hit everything on the track Wed night to win the truck race. I just wish Kevin had been racing him.
JohnnyDeppFan2

Pensacola, FL

#38 Aug 23, 2013
snow wrote:
<quoted text>I know his name he calls himself Rowdy so I will call him Kylie. You had better believe Kevin can be a bully and don't take any crap. How do you know his son is a brat?? I think he has grown up more than your Kylie buddy has. Kylie hit everything on the track Wed night to win the truck race. I just wish Kevin had been racing him.
You have never met Kyle have you? Or you're jealous because he wins more than Jr.
Manic 2

Farmington, CT

#39 Aug 23, 2013
Bob Pockrass &#8207;@bobpockrass 23s

Stewart-Haas Racing working on deal for Kurt Busch http://dlvr.it/3rhSdG #nascar
Ieddoctor

Chesapeake, OH

#40 Aug 23, 2013
Done with Tony and SHR, hope Ryan goes to RCR and destroys SHR next year

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NASCAR Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I wish Kyle Busch had've been able to whip 14 hr elliott104 20
You Could Swing A Dead Cat ... Phoenix Grandsta... Tue Old NASCAR fan 3
News Jimmie Johnson, Chad Knaus stick together to ch... Mar 20 TimePharrt 10
News NASCAR HOFer Mark Martin sees no issue with Veg... Mar 20 Light Phartce 4
News NASCAR Xfinity: Dash 4 Cash program kicks off a... Mar 18 MorePhartz 2
question about new format Mar 15 jakedg 26
News NASCAR Considers Making Its Cars Quieter, Which... Mar 11 StagePhartss 8
More from around the web