Marty Reid Fired: ESPN Replaces NASCAR, IndyCar Announcer After Nationwide Gaffe

Sep 30, 2013 Full story: The Huffington Post 7

Reid had been with ESPN since 1982 and is the only television play-by-play announcer to cover five different North American motorsports series.

Full Story
david jackson

Van Horn, TX

#1 Sep 30, 2013
bring him back and fire espn alltogwether lousiest sports station next to foxsports

Since: Sep 13

United States

#2 Sep 30, 2013
I don't get it. Reid calls Blaney the winner of the Kentucky race one lap early? So what. Why us that a big deal?

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#3 Sep 30, 2013
Shows the differences in management between ESPN and Fox. Darrel WAltrip can get away with his comments but keeps his job lol
WHOYAKIDDING

Raleigh, NC

#5 Oct 1, 2013
Oh, don't get me started. There is an extremely long list of sports commentators, ex-drivers and ex-crew chiefs that need to be culled from the ranks of supposed analysis covering NASCAR at all levels. DW, Rusty, Kyle Petty, Phil Parsons, there's too many to name that are totally inept and hurt my ears just to listen to the SOB's.
Smoke

United States

#6 Oct 1, 2013
Only ones I really like are Rick Allen & Dale Jarrett. Sure hope when Fox Sports & NBC take over in 2015 that Rick Allen will do more than just the trucks & ARCA and one of the networks picks up DJ.

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#7 Oct 1, 2013
Smoke wrote:
Only ones I really like are Rick Allen & Dale Jarrett. Sure hope when Fox Sports & NBC take over in 2015 that Rick Allen will do more than just the trucks & ARCA and one of the networks picks up DJ.
I like them all too, but Dale Jarret is getting terrible. He has to say the word "uh" in between every thing he says. "Matt Kenseth is uh, always been a great driver, uh, but, now he's proving what he hcan do in a uh good car." Regardless though, he always has the best insight.

Since: Sep 12

Jackson

#8 Oct 2, 2013
We need more top-notch, intellectual commentary like:

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NASCAR Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CMS Removing seats Mon Uncle John Duckett 5
NASCAR driver Brian Vickers, November 2014 Mon genobandito 1
NASCAR failed Mon Hummm 2
Where Does Kyle Busch Rank Among NASCAR's All-T... (Jul '13) Dec 14 Janice Abbott Miller 35
Congresswomen wants Kurt Busch out of his ride Dec 8 jdjracer 4
nascar take brad out Dec 2 Meager 28
Mindy (Oct '07) Dec 2 Vince 91,066