mike

Dayton, OH

#1 Mar 23, 2014
Im a season ticket holder for several events. I try to watch the race every week but I am really getting tired of the WWE setups that nascar is creating. That was not racing today it was 100% tire roulette!
Bubba

Gloversville, NY

#2 Mar 25, 2014
goodyear should be ashamed , as the only tire company in nascar sprint cup , it should do a better job . I guess without competition they can just do whatever they want ....
WWE CRASHCAR 2014

Florham Park, NJ

#3 Mar 25, 2014
Bubba wrote:
goodyear should be ashamed , as the only tire company in nascar sprint cup , it should do a better job . I guess without competition they can just do whatever they want ....
CRASHCAR loves Goodyear tires, it gives them another rerason to wave the yellow flag.
Harrison Freebird

New Bern, NC

#4 Mar 26, 2014
Goodyear not to blame. Rule changes this year with camber/grip/downforce overwork tires.
Lets go racing

Orlando, FL

#5 Mar 27, 2014
They said too low of tire pressure was the cause.. but I'm sorry, these crew chiefs are not dumb. Once they saw in practice that low pressure were causing tires to blow they would not risk running low pressures during the race.

I can't remember where I read it... but I read somewhere that the tires they used where close to their expiration date. Yes, just like food and other items tires have expiration dates as rubber will dry rot.
Hilton Head

Deland, FL

#6 Mar 27, 2014
Lets go racing wrote:
They said too low of tire pressure was the cause.. but I'm sorry, these crew chiefs are not dumb. Once they saw in practice that low pressure were causing tires to blow they would not risk running low pressures during the race.
I can't remember where I read it... but I read somewhere that the tires they used where close to their expiration date. Yes, just like food and other items tires have expiration dates as rubber will dry rot.
The way they set the camber has something to do with it also.
WWE CRASHCAR 2014

Newtown, CT

#7 Mar 28, 2014
Harrison Freebird wrote:
Goodyear not to blame. Rule changes this year with camber/grip/downforce overwork tires.
It's only a matter of time before Greedcar gives Goodyear the boot for some foreign brand.
Snow

Indianapolis, IN

#9 Mar 30, 2014
Harrison Freebird wrote:
That rough track did not help with the tires.
Harrison Freebird

New Bern, NC

#10 Mar 31, 2014
Snow wrote:
<quoted text> That rough track did not help with the tires.
Countless races have been run on the same track without such a wear problem. Stand by the fact that rule changes re:downforce and camber was the major factor causing premature and excessive tire wear/failure.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#11 Mar 31, 2014
It was the camber and setups of the cars that caused the blowouts, Not the track.
Harrison Freebird

New Bern, NC

#12 Mar 31, 2014
JohnnyDeppfan2 wrote:
It was the camber and setups of the cars that caused the blowouts, Not the track.
Correctdomondo

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NASCAR Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tony Stewart case goes to grand jury 1 hr rayjr 1
Kevin Ward's No. 13 car races one last time Mon CatRod53 2
Fantasy NASCAR at Richmond 2014: Picks, Top Dri... Mon john 1
Danica's Consistency Paves Way to Another Top 3... Sep 14 goob 2
this chase format Sep 14 goob 1
Mindy (Oct '07) Sep 14 Vincent Kennedy M... 90,979
Dale Earnhardt Limited Edition Snap On tool box... (Mar '10) Sep 11 Joey Ronk 23
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

NASCAR People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••