Chase Elliott to drive for Dale Earnh...

Chase Elliott to drive for Dale Earnhardt Jr. at JR Motorsports

There are 52 comments on the Sporting News story from Jan 6, 2014, titled Chase Elliott to drive for Dale Earnhardt Jr. at JR Motorsports. In it, Sporting News reports that:

Chase Elliott, who just turned 18 on Nov. 28, will run the full Nationwide Series schedule for Earnhardt's JR Motorsports.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Sporting News.

poncho

Hendersonville, NC

#21 Jan 9, 2014
Snow wrote:
<quoted text> What happened to the little terd at the snow ball derby? I think he was cheating what about that???
It was caught and the car was disqualified, so whats your point?
Chase Fan

Peterborough, NH

#22 Jan 9, 2014
Snow wrote:
<quoted text> What happened to the little terd at the snow ball derby? I think he was cheating what about that???
Geeze man, why in the world would be in such a hurry to down a kid? First of all the DQ at the Snowball Derby was a technicality that the crew chief took responsibility for and really had no impact on the car's performance. Chase did not CHEAT...he only drives. You are also on him about the Dillion wreck and while he was not totally innocent there it was not all on him...Dillion was partially to blame for blocking. Also, if I remember right the week before that when the cup cars were at Bristol Kasey Kahne did not wreck Matt Kenseth to win and everyone started calling him Candy Ass Kahne...you just can't win for losing sometimes. Whatever mistakes Chase has made he is a kid and is still learning. You really need to chill.
poncho

Hendersonville, NC

#24 Jan 9, 2014
Snow wrote:
<quoted text> Sorry but I can't stand Montoya. He will be running some nascar races and you can sweet talk him yourself. I don't think Danica will leave Nascar she must stay to keep a eye on her sweetie. I will be very careful around Gomer. lol
Hey snow, got ? for ya. You know I have to say I do enjoy the 500, the cars, the speed, and most of the drivers. But please tell me WTF is up with the "flowers" around the neck, The winner drinking the "white" milk and it spewing out "HIS" mouth. down "HIS" neck and chest, and the "worship" of Gomer pyle? WTF! Is that an Indiana thing! When Dale JR won the Daytona 500 "even he" kissed" the nextel "girl" and knocked back a few cold buds.
Snow

Fishers, IN

#25 Jan 10, 2014
poncho wrote:
<quoted text>Hey snow, got ? for ya. You know I have to say I do enjoy the 500, the cars, the speed, and most of the drivers. But please tell me WTF is up with the "flowers" around the neck, The winner drinking the "white" milk and it spewing out "HIS" mouth. down "HIS" neck and chest, and the "worship" of Gomer pyle? WTF! Is that an Indiana thing! When Dale JR won the Daytona 500 "even he" kissed" the nextel "girl" and knocked back a few cold buds.
I don't run the 500 so you need to contact Indianapolis Motor speedway and ask them your questions.
poncho

Hendersonville, NC

#26 Jan 10, 2014
Snow wrote:
<quoted text> I don't run the 500 so you need to contact Indianapolis Motor speedway and ask them your questions.
Not me! not calling or going anywhere near that track! It will remain a mystery! "Thank you" for your reply snow.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#27 Jan 15, 2014
Makes sense that chase eventually replaces j Gordon...kayne is pretty solid for representing sponsors...

Bill Elliot is fairly involved with managing son's career, so hopefully they'll spend a couple years in nationwide (or whatever it's called now)

“IN GOD WE TRUST”

Since: Jun 07

Raleigh

#28 Jan 16, 2014
ramfan9 wrote:
<quoted text>
True that....as a Gordon fan (apparently) how do you feel about the talk that Chase is being groomed to take over for Jeff when he hangs it up? I was an Elliott fan growing up and could not be more excited to see Chase coming up but I am just not sure he is ready for this. He drove a little too aggressive in the truck series and if he keeps that up he could be out of a ride quick. There is no question he has the talent to become one of the greats but I remember a young guy named Casey Atwood that had that potential too and coming up too quick seemed to ruin him.
It's funny now thinking back to those days of rooting for Bill......I hated Jeff Gordon with a passion back then but now I have grown to like him and would love to see him win another Championship. If he and Kasey could avoid that bad luck either of them are capable of beating Jimmie.
If Chase is being groomed to replace Jeff, I would be fine with that. I would surely be surprised if HMS wasn't working towards preparing for the day Jeff leaves the car. I'd much rather see Jeff retired while he's still competitive than see him drag on like Petty and the Labontes. Age catches up with everybody and when you're dealing with something as precise as this, being spot on in all ways is what counts. That millisecond in reaction time can make a world of different in whether you crash or safely make a pass. I was a Richard Petty fan my entire life and it really bothered me seeing him struggle a long year after year. DW was the same way but I love to see him struggle at anything.
CNDBILLFAN

Delhi, Canada

#29 Jan 16, 2014
Snow wrote:
Get used of that little terd, you BIG TURD!!!
He is going to make JR Motorsports a Sh.. load of money and himself as well.

Too Bad that you can't get over the fact that an Elliott is driving for an Earnhardt but this is it. You may just as well embrace it because Jr. isn't going to win shit on the track himself.

Furthermore, Ty Dillion is the most arrogant P.O.S. ever. I'm going to love watching an Elliott be the crap out of Dick Childresses grand baby on the track this year. What irony, Earnhardt giving an Elliott the opportunity to beat the #3

Man this is great!!!!
Matt the Brat

Orlando, FL

#30 Jan 16, 2014
CNDBILLFAN wrote:
<quoted text>
Get used of that little terd, you BIG TURD!!!
He is going to make JR Motorsports a Sh.. load of money and himself as well.
Too Bad that you can't get over the fact that an Elliott is driving for an Earnhardt but this is it. You may just as well embrace it because Jr. isn't going to win shit on the track himself.
Furthermore, Ty Dillion is the most arrogant P.O.S. ever. I'm going to love watching an Elliott be the crap out of Dick Childresses grand baby on the track this year. What irony, Earnhardt giving an Elliott the opportunity to beat the #3
Man this is great!!!!
I never gave that a thought.. It is kind of humorous that an Elliott racing the 3 because an Earnhardt gave him the opportunity. NW races should be good this year. I hope the cup drivers don't spoil it.
CNDBILLFAN

Delhi, Canada

#31 Jan 17, 2014
Snow wrote:
<quoted text> He will knock them out of the way like he did Ty Dillon to win his truck race. I cannot stand that kind of drivers.
I would also like to add that CRY Dillon was running out of fuel while blocking a faster truck which had a lot more momentum at the time.

How come a know it all like yourself can't see anything from a different perspective???

CRY Dillon is going to lose many more battles in the near future to that Elliott boy driving that Earnhardt Hot-Rod!!!!
Snow

Indianapolis, IN

#32 Jan 18, 2014
Matt the Brat wrote:
<quoted text>
I never gave that a thought.. It is kind of humorous that an Elliott racing the 3 because an Earnhardt gave him the opportunity. NW races should be good this year. I hope the cup drivers don't spoil it.
Where in the world did you get your information that little Elliott would be racing the 3.??????? I watched the practice they had in Daytona with him and his dad and they never got near a 3 to drive.
Snow

Indianapolis, IN

#33 Jan 18, 2014
CNDBILLFAN wrote:
<quoted text>
I would also like to add that CRY Dillon was running out of fuel while blocking a faster truck which had a lot more momentum at the time.
How come a know it all like yourself can't see anything from a different perspective???
CRY Dillon is going to lose many more battles in the near future to that Elliott boy driving that Earnhardt Hot-Rod!!!!
Maybe cry Dillon as you call him will give him a slam and let him know the feeling. Well at least driving for Earnhardt he will not be in a cheating car like he was at the snowball derby.
CNDBILLFAN

Delhi, Canada

#34 Jan 18, 2014
Snow wrote:
<quoted text> Maybe cry Dillon as you call him will give him a slam and let him know the feeling. Well at least driving for Earnhardt he will not be in a cheating car like he was at the snowball derby.
Don't kid yourself smart one, Chase is well a where that CRY may pay him back for the truck race in Canada. What CRY has to remember though is all weekend at Mosport, Chase had the fastest truck and at the end of the race his truck was once again the fastest trying to overtake a sputtering #3 coming to the checkers.

Question for you O great one, what would King Dale Earnhardt have did in this same situation?
Both you and I know the answer, Dale Sr. would have won the race.

By the way don't get your panties in too tight of a knot over the Snow Ball Derby, Chase will win many more races than CRY this year and years to come, cheating or not.
CNDBILLFAN

Delhi, Canada

#35 Jan 18, 2014
Snow wrote:
<quoted text> Where in the world did you get your information that little Elliott would be racing the 3.??????? I watched the practice they had in Daytona with him and his dad and they never got near a 3 to drive.
I'm sure our friend meant AGAINST the 3!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks for the correction.

In case YOU don't understand O GREAT ONE, the #9 JR Motorsports Chev will be beating the SH.. out of the #3 this year and next and next and so on.

Pretty funny how when the Earnhardt kids want a talented wheel man they find an Elliott out of Georgia and not some of their own inbreed off spring.....
Wang

Waxhaw, NC

#36 Jan 19, 2014
Erriott need stay fal flom Dare Jl. Wang not want Dare Jl rosel effect lub off on Erriott.

Modeln plovelb say: "Dare Jl luin arr that come neal."

Ski

“Is It Friday Yet?????”

Since: May 07

Smalltown New York

#37 Jan 26, 2014
Wang wrote:
Erriott need stay fal flom Dare Jl. Wang not want Dare Jl rosel effect lub off on Erriott.
Modeln plovelb say: "Dare Jl luin arr that come neal."
Wang my old friend....

I am glad to see you are still gracing all with your pearls of wisdom.
Wang

Charlotte, NC

#38 Jan 29, 2014
Ski wrote:
<quoted text>
Wang my old friend....
I am glad to see you are still gracing all with your pearls of wisdom.
Wise nobre Ski, Wang grad to see. May good foltune arways be youl companion.

It sad, many pealr farr on sow eal.
ramfan9

Barre, VT

#39 Jan 29, 2014
Jusy_Sayn wrote:
Makes sense that chase eventually replaces j Gordon...kayne is pretty solid for representing sponsors...
Bill Elliot is fairly involved with managing son's career, so hopefully they'll spend a couple years in nationwide (or whatever it's called now)
I agree with you there and as a Kasey Kahne fan I hope you are right. There has already been some grumbling on the NASCAR forums about how Chase could replace Kasey in a year or 2 if he does well and Kasey does not improve. I don't know why it seems like Kasey has to win a championship to satisfy expectations. While I think he is plenty capable of winning one he has had some horrible luck - particularly in The Chase last year. Overall he has more wins in 2 years with Hendrick than Jr. has in 6 and was top 5 in the points his first year with Hendrick.

My hope is that Chase stayes in Nationwide full time for 2-3 years. He's only 18 so there is no need to rush him. I think this jump to Nationwide is a little soon. I think he would have benefited more from running the full truck schedule and some more ARCA and maybe a few Nationwide races this year but only time will tell.
Matt the Brat

Orlando, FL

#40 Jan 29, 2014
ramfan9 wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you there and as a Kasey Kahne fan I hope you are right. There has already been some grumbling on the NASCAR forums about how Chase could replace Kasey in a year or 2 if he does well and Kasey does not improve. I don't know why it seems like Kasey has to win a championship to satisfy expectations. While I think he is plenty capable of winning one he has had some horrible luck - particularly in The Chase last year. Overall he has more wins in 2 years with Hendrick than Jr. has in 6 and was top 5 in the points his first year with Hendrick.
My hope is that Chase stayes in Nationwide full time for 2-3 years. He's only 18 so there is no need to rush him. I think this jump to Nationwide is a little soon. I think he would have benefited more from running the full truck schedule and some more ARCA and maybe a few Nationwide races this year but only time will tell.
I don't think they really planned on moving him up to NW this soon however the opportunity came up with NAPA and they grabbed it. I don't think Hendrick wants to be in the truck series full time and their really isn't too many quality rides for Hendrick to partner with.. maybe Turner-Scott which get their engines from HMS but I thinking NAPA didn't want to go all the way down to trucks.

I'm sure his dad will want him to stay in NW until something opens at HMS or maybe SHR.
Snow

Indianapolis, IN

#41 Feb 19, 2014
ramfan9 wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny, Dale Sr became a legend that way. Plus like Larry Mcreynolds said on NASCAR Race Hub you could watch that wreck 20 times and have 20 different opinions of what happend. Hard to tell if was more Chase driving into him or Dillon blocking because it was really a combination of both. I don't like that Chase had to win that way but he had to be agressive because Dillon was running out of gas and the last thing Chase would have wanted was to be too conservative and let Dillon cost to the win after blocking him and taking his momentum away.
What is your excuse for Chase wrecking all them cars in the Arca race last Saturday??? He needs to get his head out of his A$$.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NASCAR Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dale Earnhardt Sr.'s greatest rival. (Oct '06) 8 hr Hilton Head 52
News Matt Crafton wins NASCAR trucks race 16 hr Actually phart 2
Alex Bowman replaces Dale Jr 16 hr MrTinkertrain24 4
News Kenseth addresses No. 88 talk Wed DidPhart 6
News Roundtable: Does NASCAR need more dirt races? Wed Round phartzz 2
News Logano in serious danger of missing playoffs Jul 18 Got pharts 4
Anthem Jul 18 Rich K 4
More from around the web