Bowyer spins to give teamamte a chance?

Posted in the NASCAR Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Otis

Terre Haute, IN

#1 Sep 7, 2013
Martin Truex was out of the Chase with 8 laps to go. Looks like teammate Bowyer did a nice spin job on the corner to bring out the caution to give Truex a chance to get back in. It appears that it worked really well, nice teamwork team Waltrip!
Cale 11

Grapevine, TX

#2 Sep 7, 2013
I watched the replay several times and it sure looked like he dumped it on purpose
rob

Russellville, AR

#3 Sep 7, 2013
maybe it worked out for waltrip,but shows a lack of class and its just not right.
rob

Russellville, AR

#4 Sep 7, 2013
that little spin stole the win from my man harvic...sure couldve used those extra 10 in the chase
Kelly

Rochester, NY

#5 Sep 7, 2013
Radio chatter. Accusing Earnhardt Jr of bumping him. Seems to me in all fairness, Treax should be out and Newman in. After all, Bowyer dumped on purpose to get his teammate in. Also Bowyer should be docked points and fines given out. Replay shows Jr did NOT bump Bowyer. Radio chatter shows what the team was doing. Nascar already has big problems. Go after the cheaters............
Kelly

Rochester, NY

#6 Sep 7, 2013
Otis wrote:
Martin Truex was out of the Chase with 8 laps to go. Looks like teammate Bowyer did a nice spin job on the corner to bring out the caution to give Truex a chance to get back in. It appears that it worked really well, nice teamwork team Waltrip!
If there is any credibility left in Nascar Sprint Cup, Nascar will penalize Bowyer for a deliberate spin and penalize the crew for the radio chatter that set up the obvious spin. Then Newman should be awarded the tie breaker and Truex should be positioned out of the chase. In addition, someone should explain to fans how JJ gets penalized for a jump start and Edwards does not......
duuh

Columbus, OH

#7 Sep 8, 2013
Kelly wrote:
Radio chatter. Accusing Earnhardt Jr of bumping him. Seems to me in all fairness, Treax should be out and Newman in. After all, Bowyer dumped on purpose to get his teammate in. Also Bowyer should be docked points and fines given out. Replay shows Jr did NOT bump Bowyer. Radio chatter shows what the team was doing. Nascar already has big problems. Go after the cheaters..........
YEs he spun on purpose and Carl Edwards jumped restart, a full car length ahead but nothing done. cheaters cheaters
No ninty nine or fifteen

London, KY

#8 Sep 8, 2013
Kelly wrote:
Radio chatter. Accusing Earnhardt Jr of bumping him. Seems to me in all fairness, Treax should be out and Newman in. After all, Bowyer dumped on purpose to get his teammate in. Also Bowyer should be docked points and fines given out. Replay shows Jr did NOT bump Bowyer. Radio chatter shows what the team was doing. Nascar already has big problems. Go after the cheaters..........
Yep, you are right!

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#9 Sep 8, 2013
What's the difference between spinning, wrecking someone, or dropping back at Daytona to help a teammate? You're altering the race...

“IN GOD WE TRUST”

Since: Jun 07

Raleigh

#10 Sep 8, 2013
Jusy_Sayn wrote:
What's the difference between spinning, wrecking someone, or dropping back at Daytona to help a teammate? You're altering the race...
A hell of a lot to me. I've never seen anyone stupid enough to drop back out of the lead to pickup a team mate. The other two are pretty the same thing and should be handled he same way, disqualification for both offenses. If they did, you'd see a lot of the SB stop. Truex knew he had a POS today and admitted it. Jeff and Ryan raced their ass off today and should have been rewarded for their effort. Instead, POS Wallbanger and his dirty gang pulled off a high speed mugging and it appears they will get away with it.
Otis

Terre Haute, IN

#11 Sep 8, 2013
Like Earnhardt said, all cars have telemetry now. How about we take a look at Bowyer's just before the spin. Earnhardt said that Bowyer was on the gas then on the brake then on the gas back & forth & jerking all around.
Emmitt

Ozark, MO

#12 Sep 9, 2013
I have always thought MW was a better team than results showed. I didn't like that he picked Toyota, but I didn't see Ford or Chevy beating down his doors.I have been rooting for Truex all season, especially the last two weeks with a broken wrist. BUT this was more like brother Darrell than Michael. After this obviously intentional reset of the race, I can no longer support MW Racing in any way.I think the whole organization should be banned for at least one full season beginning now and removed from the chase standings, thereby moving up the next two in line. I think that would be Jeff G. in 10th and Ryan N. as wildcard, and I am not particularly a fan of either but both worked too hard to be cheated out at the last minute. Bye Bye MW Racing... You no longer exist to me.
No ninty nine or fifteen

London, KY

#13 Sep 9, 2013
Emmitt wrote:
I have always thought MW was a better team than results showed. I didn't like that he picked Toyota, but I didn't see Ford or Chevy beating down his doors.I have been rooting for Truex all season, especially the last two weeks with a broken wrist. BUT this was more like brother Darrell than Michael. After this obviously intentional reset of the race, I can no longer support MW Racing in any way.I think the whole organization should be banned for at least one full season beginning now and removed from the chase standings, thereby moving up the next two in line. I think that would be Jeff G. in 10th and Ryan N. as wildcard, and I am not particularly a fan of either but both worked too hard to be cheated out at the last minute. Bye Bye MW Racing... You no longer exist to me.
The same way I see it too.
no toyota for me

Dothan, AL

#14 Sep 11, 2013
Emmitt wrote:
I will never bye a Toyota I will buy anything but not those cars I will buy maybe a chevy now or ford or dodge.
yea maybe show us

Dothan, AL

#15 Sep 11, 2013
Otis wrote:
Like Earnhardt said, all cars have telemetry now. How about we take a look at Bowyer's just before the spin. Earnhardt said that Bowyer was on the gas then on the brake then on the gas back & forth & jerking all around.
the stuff. well its maybe wipe clean. if you got to spinout why not maybe go to work on washing machines.they spin also.
old school

Spring Lake, NC

#16 Sep 12, 2013
Jusy_Sayn wrote:
Totally agree with you, drivers are always pulling over to let a teammate lead a lap to gain bonus points, nascar has never complained about this practice
well well

Nitro, WV

#17 Sep 12, 2013
Well

“Bull Ship”

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#18 Sep 13, 2013
old school wrote:
<quoted text>Totally agree with you, drivers are always pulling over to let a teammate lead a lap to gain bonus points, nascar has never complained about this practice
Just like a football player blocking for his team mate,it is a part of racing. When Nascar came up with the chase and the way teams developed over the years,I think Nascar was caught off guard and is now in a learning curve.
This girl

Hazard, KY

#19 Sep 13, 2013
I think NASCAR is way out of line on this.i have seen other teams help out their teammates plenty of times.if anyone says differently,then you're not much of a race fan.
Dale jr wrecked once,then admitted to doing it on national tv.told on himself.
Truix is the only one who really got hurt in this mess.and he didn't do anything.
Seems like NASCAR has went the way of wrestling in the 90's.wrestling still has it's fans but,not like it was back then.
NASCAR is their own worst enemy.favoritism of teams should not occur.
That's why fans get so upset,when something like this happens.
Four Hendrick' cars in the chase.nascar made sure they got there,by making Gordon a13th spot.truix out,bowyer in. What the hell is fair about that?bowyer is the one who started all this mess and he's still in the chase???
I don't care who's team you are on,if you can't race and get yourself in,then you don't deserve to be there.gordon should be ashamed of his self.newman should be ashamed too.
I wouldn't want to race that way.bowyer should opt out of the chase on his own,too.
Truix is the only one who deserves to be in the chase,out of all these racers.yet, he's the one that's out.
So so sad!!!!!!!!
Jake from state farm

London, KY

#20 Sep 14, 2013
MWR needs kicked out if NASCAR!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NASCAR Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Toyota in NASCAR Fri Hummm 2
This race fan is 'bummed' (Feb '12) Dec 25 Sgt Prepper 91
Daytona Beach: Florida's Rape Capital (Mar '10) Dec 23 Joe 42
Merry Christmas Dec 22 Hilton Head 5
NASCAR Sprint Cup's Ricky Stenhouse Enters Batt... Dec 18 nelson 1
where's lil Jimmy Spencer? Dec 17 Vicious Vic 1
CMS Removing seats Dec 15 Uncle John Duckett 5
More from around the web