Kasey Kahne, NASCAR Driver, Tweets Against Breastfeeding In Public, Ignites Controversy Among Fans

Dec 28, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Switched

NASCAR driver Kasey Kahne got a mouthful from upset fans on Tuesday after Tweeting that he was disgusted by a mother breastfeeding her baby at a grocery store.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 14 of14

Since: Jul 11

Morganton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2011

Judged:

They have to breast feed with the boob hanging out. I would have beem disgusted also.
big 3

North Liberty, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2011

breast feed with some class ladys dont just hang it out there let at it
Barr

Temperance, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2011

I assume she probably drove to the grocery store and should have taken care of the baby before entering the store in my opinion. Yeah everyone has rights these days. There aren't many women that would have done what she did. She is just one of those thoughtless liberated beatches.
big 3

North Liberty, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2011

aman BARR just thinks its allright to just what she wants dont worry about how it makes others fill if my wife had breastfead my 2 kids she would have did it in public
big 3

North Liberty, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2011

sorry she would not done it in public she has class plus it dose make others feel weird
Mom

Bridgewater, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2011

Judged:

As one of those " thoughtless liberated bitches," I breastfed both of my kids till they were a year old... If I was out and they were hungry, then they got fed. Nothing "nasty" about it... If you're hungry when you go out, you get to eat too... Why should an infant be any different??
Better Judgement

Port Washington, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2011

Judged:

Way to go, Mom, tell them like it is. Breastfeeding is such a natural thing to do, why not in public if the occasion warrants it? Women show their envy and men show their immaturity if they complain about this practice. Of course, if you lived in Tahiti or Nairobi, you would get used to it.
So What

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2011

Judged:

Doris B wrote:
They have to breast feed with the boob hanging out. I would have beem disgusted also.
Oh, I see how it is. You want to have YOUR opinion about the subject but you don't want others to have an opposing opinion. WHAT a HYPOCRITE! Jeeze woman, you need to find another hobby. I see from all your posts you try to run this Topix site. How pitiful.

“How We Roll”

Since: Nov 08

Area 51, Nevada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2011

Better Judgement wrote:
Way to go, Mom, tell them like it is. Breastfeeding is such a natural thing to do, why not in public if the occasion warrants it?
Everyone's opinion is not the same, and although a mom may have the RIGHT, she should also consider the fact that others may disagree with whether it's appropriate.

Until it's considered acceptable any time, any place, people better face the reality that not everyone will agree with what they're doing. Actions have consequences. Period.

“How We Roll”

Area 51, Nevada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2011

If someone doesn't like what the mother was doing, don't look. It's as simple as that, right?

By that same logic, if a someone doesn't like what Kasey posted on his twitter account, don't follow. Same rules apply.
So What

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2011

alpinedigital wrote:
If someone doesn't like what the mother was doing, don't look. It's as simple as that, right?
By that same logic, if a someone doesn't like what Kasey posted on his twitter account, don't follow. Same rules apply.
The big difference is that Kasey is a public figure who also represents millions of dollars of sponsorship backing. THAT'S why he has to care. If he was just some old joe blow like you, no one would care about his opinion. But he found out real quick he should have just kept his fingers off his phone/computer keys. Why do you think he apologized? Because he had suddenly had an epiphany about breastfeeding in public? No. It's because he found out by the backlash that people are watching him and reading him and just like Tiger Woods showed us that he wasn't invincible by the loss of major sponsors which cost him millions upon millions, Kasey could find out real quick that he's not worth as much as he thinks.

“How We Roll”

Area 51, Nevada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2012

So What wrote:
<quoted text>
The big difference is that Kasey is a public figure who also represents millions of dollars of sponsorship backing. THAT'S why he has to care. If he was just some old joe blow like you, no one would care about his opinion. But he found out real quick he should have just kept his fingers off his phone/computer keys. Why do you think he apologized? Because he had suddenly had an epiphany about breastfeeding in public? No. It's because he found out by the backlash that people are watching him and reading him and just like Tiger Woods showed us that he wasn't invincible by the loss of major sponsors which cost him millions upon millions, Kasey could find out real quick that he's not worth as much as he thinks.
Im sure there was a purpose in comparing Kasey to some 'old joe blow' but it can hardly be an effective comparison since you don't know me and I don't have an opinion. But that's neither here nor there. As for the rest of what you typed, it's kinda obvious, but I never argued the effect of what he did, nor do I see your purpose for explaining this 'big difference' you mentioned.
Huh

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2012

Let us give this subject a break. can't you find something more interesting to complain about?

“smokes~ mojo”

Since: Dec 06

kepin' the ears on the big dog

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2012

Kaseys right the only women who would bear her breast in public is someone trolling for a date otherwise she would have covered herself up or excused herself to take care of the child. Sorry I do not want your bodily fluids on my groceries. where do you think the milk goes that is to much for their mouth...yea ... show some class honey.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 14 of14
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

9 Users are viewing the NASCAR Forum right now

Search the NASCAR Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Dale Sr Gravesite? 5 hr Peter Cheeks 3
Like her or not, Danica Patrick still moves the... Fri Jorge 1
running the no. 3 car Fri Dale Sr In Hell 3
Jeremy Mayfield to share story during live inte... Thu wth 8
Danica Patrick hoping for better luck on NASCAR... Jul 8 IceMan PJN 3
Why did Dale Earnhardt, Jr. switch to Hendrick ... (Mar '10) Jul 8 ramfan9 59
Josh Wise's fans look to unseat Earnhardt Jr. Jul 7 Hilton Head 2
•••
•••