Making The Case For Joey Logano

Mar 25, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Stock Car Spin

Joey Logano isn't making a lot of friends these days. The much publicized feud between Logano and Denny Hamlin played out in real time yesterday, Tony Stewart has now made clear his feelings about the racing wunderkind and Kyle Busch's victory at Fontana is just the latest in a line of collateral damage resulting from feuds within NASCAR's top ... (more)

Comments (Page 3)

Showing posts 41 - 60 of76
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
48 SUCKS

Falls Church, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

we have 2 arguments for Joey here..
#1 the Denny deal..denny speaks disparagingly about Joey to Joey's new teamate after Daytona, that is PUNK crap, dirty psychology... then Denny moves Joey out of the way, wrecking him the next week... and Joey is expected to say to Denny, "oh,, ok,,, I was supposed to let you pass"... why???? why?????? I want to understand why it is that even DRIVERS do not want guys racing every lap anymore???? are we as fans supposed to say .. "Now boys,,, remember your manners as you go round and round for hours".. no... we want them fighting for every inch they can GET... so,,, I actually LIKE that Joey is manning up for Penske... I hope and PRAY that he has not been intimidated by the rest into doing laps and letting the guy out front get away to win as usual..
as for #2, the Tony deal... Tony shoulda wrecked Joey the same as Denny did the week before cuz Joey was a WALL in front of Tony on the only place where the 3rd place car could have gotten to the point...
I do not know how it is that the media people do not SEEEEE that the first 2 rows at LEAST have a right to race for the WIN on a restart... certain tracks where they can take it down on the apron make it so that it is a wild and crazy free for all on those restarts... Tony was right to complain,,, Joey had the right to block,, but he takes the chance whenever he does it to be turned as he was with Denny the week before.. I honestly admire Tony for having patience with him, and it is too bad he thought he had a tire go down... because Tony was determined to win in California.
The BIGGEST thing that fans should be talking about is that NASCAR is finally giving these guys a little bit of room.. after years and years of fining them,, they are truly letting them be racers and I say YAY!!!!!!!
hard racing is what caused all the grief for any driver this year but that is what racing is supposed to be..
Voice of Reality

Petersburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

manic2 wrote:
The only words & opinon that matters. Were spoken by JD Gibbs.And his words spoke volumes
Actually, Ms. Sit down to Piss, if you are actually a "Real NASCAR FAN" you would understand that the PUBLIC words spoken by J.D. Gibbs are the Politically Correct rendition of what NASCAR wishes to hear. The problem and problems Joey is having is that somebody has told him that being such a wuss was a part of the reason that he is no longer in the #20. It is also a well known fact that Joey was not very well liked by either of his former team mates and was seen as the weak link of the Gibbs Cup line up. Fast forward to this year and Joey realizes that the #22 is most likely his last chance at a big time ride and he understands that he needs to change his image as the "Milk Drinker" in the line-up. Joey wants to change this image super fast and decides that he will proactively become one of the pushers, rather than being the pushed. The big problem is that Joey does not understand how and where to take his shots, it damn sure is not at a super fast track like Fontana. Joey also sends mixed messages as a new tough guy when one week he does a Danica like strut down to the #11 Pits (with crew in tow) and confronts Denny and just a week later he makes a little girl like water bottle toss at Tony as he is backing up looking for a larger buffer zone between himself and Stewart. I hope you do not think this thing is over, drivers have a long memory and Joey will have very few friends on the track in the near future. Change can be good, however, attempting a four week image turn around at the expense of anybody who is near is a bad thing.
Manic2

Bristol, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

Voice of Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, Ms. Sit down to Piss, if you are actually a "Real NASCAR FAN" you would understand that the PUBLIC words spoken by J.D. Gibbs are the Politically Correct rendition of what NASCAR wishes to hear. The problem and problems Joey is having is that somebody has told him that being such a wuss was a part of the reason that he is no longer in the #20. It is also a well known fact that Joey was not very well liked by either of his former team mates and was seen as the weak link of the Gibbs Cup line up. Fast forward to this year and Joey realizes that the #22 is most likely his last chance at a big time ride and he understands that he needs to change his image as the "Milk Drinker" in the line-up. Joey wants to change this image super fast and decides that he will proactively become one of the pushers, rather than being the pushed. The big problem is that Joey does not understand how and where to take his shots, it damn sure is not at a super fast track like Fontana. Joey also sends mixed messages as a new tough guy when one week he does a Danica like strut down to the #11 Pits (with crew in tow) and confronts Denny and just a week later he makes a little girl like water bottle toss at Tony as he is backing up looking for a larger buffer zone between himself and Stewart. I hope you do not think this thing is over, drivers have a long memory and Joey will have very few friends on the track in the near future. Change can be good, however, attempting a four week image turn around at the expense of anybody who is near is a bad thing.
Even Zippy did not defend SMOKE other then say Smoke is Passionate.<< NOW THIS IS A REALLY SCAREY WAY TO DESCRIBE SMOKE." SMOKE IS PASSIONATE" YEPPER THIS WORD WOULD PUT THE FEAR OF GOD INTO PEOPLE LOL. As far as driver go ..... What driver are going to get even ????????? For n 2 weeks Sirius XM have been interviewing drivers. They all stated the same thing IT WAS GOOD HARD RACING UNDER THE SAME CIRCUMSTANCE THEY WOULD HAVE MADE THE SAME MOVE!!.And none of them understood why SMOKE had a hair up is azz. As far as the Smoke & J Lo thing goes. It has turned in to nothing BUT A JOKE. The driver have given their HONEST OPINION and it is all that matters.
Manic2

Bristol, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

Voice of Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
Denny's biggest problem is.... Denny has always been the brides maid never the bride. When Smoke was with Gibbs he received all the MEDIA attention WAS ALWAYS center stage . Kyle bush joins Gibbs again receives all the lime light & media coverage. Even when Smoke leaves Gibbs & Denny is the Sr. driver an 18 yr old kid that has not accomplished ANYTHING gets all the MEDIA attention. It took this accident for Denny to get into the LIME light GET THE medias ATTENTION.. SAD BUT VERY TRUE.
Manic2

Bristol, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

oooppps Kyle Busch
SteveSharer

Lombard, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

Tony’s ICAN child killing girlfriend Melinda Loveless has other friends from Charlotte NC where Tony’s racing team is located.

It appears there is another attempt to release Melinda with propaganda videos coming out of Charlotte NC where Tony’s racing team is located. One Charlie Petrizzo:
Search; “Charlie’s Scars”
An x-Wachovia banker and 1% GOPer, intimidated and threatened to sue Brenda Nyberg. Brenda created the petition to keep Melinda Loveless in prison and passed recently due to the added stress Charlie created. Brenda was a disabled grandmother caring for her special needs grandson. Stewarts bullying on the track is one thing, but associated with the bullying of a good person, disabled grandmother with special needs grandson, who recently passed is something Stewart should answer for.
Is Stewart connected to Petrizzo?
If Stewart used his NASCAR standings for political favors in Indiana and this ICAN program, NASCAR is just as responsible.
Manic2

Bristol, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

SteveSharer wrote:
Tony’s ICAN child killing girlfriend Melinda Loveless has other friends from Charlotte NC where Tony’s racing team is located.
It appears there is another attempt to release Melinda with propaganda videos coming out of Charlotte NC where Tony’s racing team is located. One Charlie Petrizzo:
Search; “Charlie’s Scars”
An x-Wachovia banker and 1% GOPer, intimidated and threatened to sue Brenda Nyberg. Brenda created the petition to keep Melinda Loveless in prison and passed recently due to the added stress Charlie created. Brenda was a disabled grandmother caring for her special needs grandson. Stewarts bullying on the track is one thing, but associated with the bullying of a good person, disabled grandmother with special needs grandson, who recently passed is something Stewart should answer for.
Is Stewart connected to Petrizzo?
If Stewart used his NASCAR standings for political favors in Indiana and this ICAN program, NASCAR is just as responsible.
I really think you need to take this up face to face with SMOKE.
Voice of Reality

Petersburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

Manic2 wrote:
<quoted text>Denny's biggest problem is.... Denny has always been the brides maid never the bride. When Smoke was with Gibbs he received all the MEDIA attention WAS ALWAYS center stage . Kyle bush joins Gibbs again receives all the lime light & media coverage. Even when Smoke leaves Gibbs & Denny is the Sr. driver an 18 yr old kid that has not accomplished ANYTHING gets all the MEDIA attention. It took this accident for Denny to get into the LIME light GET THE medias ATTENTION.. SAD BUT VERY TRUE.
I do not disagree with your views on Denny, I have known Denny since he raced go karts at Capital City Speedway in Ashland and ran mini stocks with Clifton "Tiny" Oliver as his first crew chief. Denny lost my support when he blamed Mike Ford for his loss of the championship the year he came in second to Jimmie. All this being said, this thread is about Joey and not Denny and the fact remains that Joey is not making any friends this year and I think that more drivers will be more prone NOT to give Joey that additional foot to get back into line. Like him or not, Tony Stewart told the truth when he called Joey the little rich boy who threw water bottles like a girl. If Joey is going to be the tough guy on the track he better damn well be willing to back it up Mano E Mano at times after the race.
Manic 2

Bristol, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

Voice of Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not disagree with your views on Denny, I have known Denny since he raced go karts at Capital City Speedway in Ashland and ran mini stocks with Clifton "Tiny" Oliver as his first crew chief. Denny lost my support when he blamed Mike Ford for his loss of the championship the year he came in second to Jimmie. All this being said, this thread is about Joey and not Denny and the fact remains that Joey is not making any friends this year and I think that more drivers will be more prone NOT to give Joey that additional foot to get back into line. Like him or not, Tony Stewart told the truth when he called Joey the little rich boy who threw water bottles like a girl. If Joey is going to be the tough guy on the track he better damn well be willing to back it up Mano E Mano at times after the race.
I do not like the way Tony loses his temper. Its scary he is totally out of control. And it has come up many times this week. How Paul Manards father forked over a lot of money to support Smoke"s career. Whats the difference???? Joey has a rich daddy or Smoke had a rich Sugar Daddy. Money is money. J/S
Voice of Reality

Petersburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Manic 2 wrote:
<quoted text> I do not like the way Tony loses his temper. Its scary he is totally out of control. And it has come up many times this week. How Paul Manards father forked over a lot of money to support Smoke"s career. Whats the difference???? Joey has a rich daddy or Smoke had a rich Sugar Daddy. Money is money. J/S
John Menard has "Forked over" a lot of money for many racers, on Wednesday I stopped at a rest stop and saw two big Menards haulers, one for the Frank Kimmel ARCA team and the other for the Matt Crafton #88 Truck team. For many, many years John Menard has sponsored at least one Indy team and lately has sponsored a LOT of NASCAR teams, so Menard is just another sponsor who appears at times on the #14. The fact is that Tony came up through the USAC ranks and drove every type of open wheel car from midgets to Indy cars and had to work to get and retain sponsors.

But, as I stated earlier, this thread is about Joey and not Tony and I see that you can not refute anything I have said about Joey.
CatRod53

Fort Wayne, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Voice of Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
This is a great post! Joey knows he's been luckier than most to have landed rides with JGR and Penske and he's got nowhere but down to go from here. Winning the #22 ride from Sam Hornish surprised more than a few people.

IMO, he's got a lot to prove, and he's going about it all wrong.
Manic 2

East Otis, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

CatRod53 wrote:
<quoted text>
This is a great post! Joey knows he's been luckier than most to have landed rides with JGR and Penske and he's got nowhere but down to go from here. Winning the #22 ride from Sam Hornish surprised more than a few people.
IMO, he's got a lot to prove, and he's going about it all wrong.
You people need to listen!! Joey got the 22 because SHELL wanted JLo in the car. Why did it take so long to find Denny a substitute driver . They had to find a driver his "sponsor" approved of .May \be someday you people will UNDERSTAND it is{{{ NOT NASCAR OR THE TEAM OWNERS THAT CALL THE SHOTS }} Enough stories have been written on this subject for many years . The sponsor have the teams BY THE NUTS because THEY CONTROL THE MONEY. Why do you think perfectly good drivers are thrown aside for younger drivers???? And has ANYONE listen to the stories about SMOKE when he came to CUP??????? The veterans drivers would not have ANYTHING TO DO WITH SMOKE.They said he was NOTHING but a PUNK who came from INDY cars thinking he was talented enough to drive in cup. The ONLY 2 people that offered their friendship was Mike & Angie Skinner and they were the only 2 driver willing to be friends with the NEW KID (aka SMOKE) Lets not FORGET it was Paul Manards father that was putting the money up the money to get Smoke in cup. AGAIN I ASK what is the difference J LO has a RICH DADDY& SMOKE had a RICH SUGAR DADDY????? MONEY IS MONEY who cares where it come from???? As long as the person is willing to SPEND IT ON YOU??? NOW DID ANYONE LISTEN TO SMOKES INTERVIEW ?????? DID ANYONE LISTEN TO THE WORDS COMING OUT OF SMOKES MOUTH?????? Smokes was mad because of the BLOCKING it did not matter if it was J Lo , Matt Kenseth, B Vickers or JOE BLOW. Smoke made it VERY CLEAR he does not want ANY DRIVER BLOCKING HIM. Anyone on here GET IT?????? But I personally am PROUD OF SMOKE!!! He made it VERY CLEAR when he made the STATEMENT......Jlo IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR DENNY HAMLINS INJURY " ( I wonder if that remark from SMOKE made Denny feel like he was slapped in the face ????)
Manic 2

East Otis, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

I do not know why this posted twice
Manic 2

East Otis, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Voice of Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
John Menard has "Forked over" a lot of money for many racers, on Wednesday I stopped at a rest stop and saw two big Menards haulers, one for the Frank Kimmel ARCA team and the other for the Matt Crafton #88 Truck team. For many, many years John Menard has sponsored at least one Indy team and lately has sponsored a LOT of NASCAR teams, so Menard is just another sponsor who appears at times on the #14. The fact is that Tony came up through the USAC ranks and drove every type of open wheel car from midgets to Indy cars and had to work to get and retain sponsors.
But, as I stated earlier, this thread is about Joey and not Tony and I see that you can not refute anything I have said about Joey.
What has Joey ever done so terrible???? He took the 20 ride when Smoke step down. What would you have done if the ride was offered to YOU???? Say no I do not want it . Did Joey ask for all the media coverage NO it came with the JOB.It did not matter what driver climbed into a 2 time championship ride. They were going to get the attention of the media.PROOF look at the attention Matt K is getting in the 20 car.Again its the sponsors that tell the team owners who to put in the cars. Veteran driver are meaner then hell to new drivers. They always have been. It takes sometimes yrs of being pushed around before a drivers grow a set of balls to push back.Its this way in the real world. I do not care if you R flipping Burgers in a burgers joint.The veterans stick the new guy with the shit jobs. U do not earn their respect until you stand up to them . And say I am not taking it anymore .ITS LIFE.Back to racing remember one very important fact . Drivers in the he past were in their 30s mainly late 30s.They were from the same generation grew up with the same views & values in life .Now driver R entering cup in their Teens a HUGE generation gap . And I think a lot of the veteran drivers R jealous they were not given a chance when they were in their teens. Its a whole new world in NASCAR RACING the new drivers R getting younger & the old drivers r getting older. The only thing that has not changed . Is the fact the SPONSORS control the purse strings the say who drives the cars. The only way it will change is when teams do not need sponsor money. But I would not hold my breath waiting for this to happen.
Manic 2

East Otis, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Voice of Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
You claim this is about Joey and only Joey . Then why is this posted ??" Joey Logano isn't making a lot of friends these days. The much publicized feud between Logano and Denny Hamlin played out in real time yesterday, Tony Stewart has now made clear his feelings about the racing wunderkind and Kyle Busch's victory at Fontana is just the latest in a line of collateral damage resulting from feuds within NASCAR's top ...(more) Lets see I see Denny's name , Smokes ,Kyle B, & yes Joey. If you wanted this all about Jlo then this article should not have been posted with this thread.
Manic 2

East Otis, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

What the biggest thing that came up for the last 2 weeks .Was how SMOKE went postal on J Lo. Flew out of his car and started beating on him. Does anyone get it . Most drivers have words before the fist start swinging.Many drivers from the past would put the fear of god in Young driver with WORDS and a DEATH glare.The only times a fist has been thrown is when some young punk mouths off.LISTEN TO THE VETERAN drivers including Smoke.Dale Sr used harsh WORDS and the Intimidator' stare straight in the young drivers eyes.Causing a drivers to shit his pants.More importantly Dale Sr NEVER hit a driver who was young enough to be his son.This is what shocked even Smokes closes friends was the fact he beat up and a kid young enough to be his own son . I am really beginning to understand why SMOKES mother threw him out of her house when he was only 17.I think she was afraid of being hurt or Smoke hurting his sister.Why else would a mother throw her 17 yr old child out into the streets. SMOKE does not get MAD he loses complete CONTROL. And like it or not it is a big difference a big difference.
izzie

Harrisonburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

I am not a fan of Logano, Hamlin or Stewart, however Stewart just needs to get over himself!! Logano did nothing wrong. Logano just did what any other driver would have done in the same situation. Just Let the drivers race without all the drama!! Maybe Stewart needs some more anger management classes!!
Carolyn

Erie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Manic 2 wrote:
What the biggest thing that came up for the last 2 weeks .Was how SMOKE went postal on J Lo. Flew out of his car and started beating on him. Does anyone get it . Most drivers have words before the fist start swinging.Many drivers from the past would put the fear of god in Young driver with WORDS and a DEATH glare.The only times a fist has been thrown is when some young punk mouths off.LISTEN TO THE VETERAN drivers including Smoke.Dale Sr used harsh WORDS and the Intimidator' stare straight in the young drivers eyes.Causing a drivers to shit his pants.More importantly Dale Sr NEVER hit a driver who was young enough to be his son.This is what shocked even Smokes closes friends was the fact he beat up and a kid young enough to be his own son . I am really beginning to understand why SMOKES mother threw him out of her house when he was only 17.I think she was afraid of being hurt or Smoke hurting his sister.Why else would a mother throw her 17 yr old child out into the streets. SMOKE does not get MAD he loses complete CONTROL. And like it or not it is a big difference a big difference.
I think you are getting a little carried away. You make it sound as though Tony left JL black and blue from a beating. I must have missed it when Tony beat JL. Just where the hell did you see that?
Voice of Reality

Petersburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Manic 2 wrote:
<quoted text>You claim this is about Joey and only Joey . Then why is this posted ??" Joey Logano isn't making a lot of friends these days. The much publicized feud between Logano and Denny Hamlin played out in real time yesterday, Tony Stewart has now made clear his feelings about the racing wunderkind and Kyle Busch's victory at Fontana is just the latest in a line of collateral damage resulting from feuds within NASCAR's top ...(more) Lets see I see Denny's name , Smokes ,Kyle B, & yes Joey. If you wanted this all about Jlo then this article should not have been posted with this thread.
I love the way you keep calling Joey, "Jlo", although he does not have the posterior to pull that name off he did look like the real Jlo when he threw his little bottle, I wonder if it had a nipple on it, Wah.
Manic 2

East Otis, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Carolyn wrote:
<quoted text>I think you are getting a little carried away. You make it sound as though Tony left JL black and blue from a beating. I must have missed it when Tony beat JL. Just where the hell did you see that?
Hold on lady . I am writing the opinion of people that have been calling in on SNXM. How many drivers past or present have you ever seen go postal on a driver come out swinging???? Usually it starts with words then something wrong gets said and then they get plowed in the mouth. People R getting all pissy about a water bottle . Tony put a man in the hospital smashing him in the face with a helmet.Now you tell me which would you want to be hit with a helmet Or water bottle?? How many times has ZIPPY yelled at SMOKE not to use his car as a WEAPON????? AGAIN WHAT WOULD you WANT A PERSON CHASING you DOWN WITH A CAR OR THROW A WATER BOTTLE ???? I am glad I grew up in the NE. Because we have rules . Before you hit someone look at the person you R about to slam in the mouth. Is this person young enough to be your child Can you slam a person that is old enough to be your MOM & DAD. Or old enough to be your grandparents. Or should you walk away and cool off? But if the person is your own age ... TAKE THEM DOWN & BEAT THE FKING HELL OUT OF THEM. How TOUGH does it look to beat on a kid young enough to be your child or old enough to be your MOM & DAD Or grandparents. AND BTW.... THIS ALSO HAS COME UP MANY TIMES ON THE RADIO The last 3 weeks.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 41 - 60 of76
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

6 Users are viewing the NASCAR Forum right now

Search the NASCAR Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
NASCAR Nationwide Series Struggling to Fill Fie... 10 hr Ralph 17
Will Dale Earnhardt Jr. Finally Contend for a N... 14 hr ramfan9 199
Petty made some pretty disparaging remarks abou... Mon flatt 4
Mindy (Oct '07) Apr 13 dave 90,957
Without Tiger Woods, pro golf might as well be ... Apr 12 Snow 2
Danica Patrick has already won respect heading ... (Feb '12) Apr 12 from hear me 117
Why ask Jr? Apr 11 WWE CRASHCAR 2014 2
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••