NASCAR Nationwide Series Struggling to Fill Field and Provide Good Races

Mar 4, 2014 Full story: Sports Media 101 23

Motorsports 101 provides 24/7 obsessive sports coverage of Motorsports as a part of Sports Media 101 .

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Snow

Indianapolis, IN

#1 Mar 4, 2014
They would get more drivers if they kicked the Sprint cup drivers out that drive every week. The nationwide teams need to raise a sink bout this.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#2 Mar 4, 2014
Snow wrote:
They would get more drivers if they kicked the Sprint cup drivers out that drive every week. The nationwide teams need to raise a sink bout this.
Did you even read the article? Once again you're just dumb Snow.
WWE CRASHCAR 2014

Newtown, CT

#3 Mar 4, 2014
Here we go again!
Snow

Indianapolis, IN

#4 Mar 5, 2014
hatchet wrote:
<quoted text>Did you even read the article? Once again you're just dumb Snow.
Your the dumb one. I did read the article and expressed my opinion.
I also was told Nascar is planning to make some changes in Sprint cup drivers in Nationwide racing and may put a limit on them. You need to sharpen that HATCHET>>>>> No wonder they are having trouble filling the field some teams cannot compete with sprint cup drivers every week.
Snow

Indianapolis, IN

#5 Mar 5, 2014
WWE CRASHCAR 2014 wrote:
Here we go again!
Another difference
in opinion.
WWE CRASHCAR 2014

Florham Park, NJ

#6 Mar 5, 2014
Snow wrote:
<quoted text> Another difference
in opinion.
Snow, I agree with you on this one. Either get the Sprint Cup guys out of Nationwide or let their points count.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#7 Mar 5, 2014
Snow wrote:
<quoted text> Your the dumb one. I did read the article and expressed my opinion.
I also was told Nascar is planning to make some changes in Sprint cup drivers in Nationwide racing and may put a limit on them. You need to sharpen that HATCHET>>>>> No wonder they are having trouble filling the field some teams cannot compete with sprint cup drivers every week.
It's a lack of sponsorship dollars that keeps the field limited under 43 cars smart one.......the cup drivers bring sponsors with them to the series which without them the series would be 20 cars and a broken system. For instance, M&M's wants to sponsor Kyle not Cole Whitt....The choice is Kyle or zero sponsorship dollars. Next time you read a article do it with comprehension then post with some intelligence not stupidity instead of ignorance.
stan golowski

Kraljevo, Serbia

#8 Mar 5, 2014
I use HMA to watch NASCAR from Japan. In past few months having so much trouble with live stream. Its lagging and interrupted often during streaming. Could anyone suggest some othe VPN service, it would be appreciated. Thanks
Snow

Indianapolis, IN

#9 Mar 7, 2014
hatchet wrote:
<quoted text>It's a lack of sponsorship dollars that keeps the field limited under 43 cars smart one.......the cup drivers bring sponsors with them to the series which without them the series would be 20 cars and a broken system. For instance, M&M's wants to sponsor Kyle not Cole Whitt....The choice is Kyle or zero sponsorship dollars. Next time you read a article do it with comprehension then post with some intelligence not stupidity instead of ignorance.
Intelligence well just wait and see Mr Hatchet. I was told by a top nascar reporter that things are going to change in Nationwide and the truck races. The regulars don't have a chance with those top Sprint cup drivers. They will be limited as to how many races they can run and that will give the nationwide teams a chance.
I can understand why sponsor ship is falling by the wayside. TheY feel they cannot win. I NOTICED kYLE LOST HIS SPONSORDHIPIN HIS NATIONWIDE CAR.
flatt

Madison, WI

#10 Mar 9, 2014
This is a double edge sword, the cup drivers DO bring in $$ to Nationwide series. Both in attendance and sponsors plus TV ratings. As previously stated some sponsors will only invest in certain drivers (usually Cup drivers).
Cost to run Nationwide is very similar to Cup, reward is quite small in comparison.
I agree it's disappointing to see Cup drivers dominating the Nationwide series, but can it survive without them?

“IN GOD WE TRUST”

Since: Jun 07

Raleigh

#11 Mar 12, 2014
The domination of the Nationwide Series by cup driver IS the basic cause of the decline of the series. Sure the Cup drivers come with sponsors. They're the ones that have been scooped up by the Cup team owner and would have been on the side of a legitimate Nationwide driver's car if a Cup driver wasn't in the seat. Cup teams aren't going to invest in Nationwide cars if Cup drivers, Cup pitcrews and Cup crew chiefs aren't allowed in Nationwide. Those sponsors that can only afford a Cup driver when he's in a Nationwide car will spend their money on a Nationwide driver then. Big buck cars brought in by Cup teams are just a means to improve the worth of their Cup operation.
Wang

Rockingham, NC

#12 Mar 13, 2014
Snow wrote:
Herro snow
Laise sink?
They lace team. Not prumbel.
You not make sense.
Snow

Indianapolis, IN

#13 Mar 13, 2014
Wang wrote:
<quoted text>
Herro snow
Laise sink?
They lace team. Not prumbel.
You not make sense.
Dummy you don't know what makes sense. You need to stay off here and get a life get in school and learn something for a change.

“IN GOD WE TRUST”

Since: Jun 07

Raleigh

#14 Apr 11, 2014
Tonight's Nationwide race had pretty good attendance but you can expect to see bigger crowds in the coming months if the young guns like Larson and Elliott keep kicking butt. Both ran up front all night and the race ended with a stunning victory for Elliott. That makes two in a row for the 18 year old. Chip off the old block, but a better chip!
Jake from state farm

London, KY

#15 Apr 14, 2014
Many people can't afford to go to the races anymore. Me for one!
Snow

Indianapolis, IN

#16 Apr 14, 2014
Jake from state farm wrote:
Many people can't afford to go to the races anymore. Me for one!
Then you can watch the races on t v.
Ralph

Morgantown, WV

#17 Apr 15, 2014
If chase Elliot keeps wheeling that racecar like he did the other night the cup guys will have their hands full in the nationwide series. Chase Elliot and Kyle Larson are what this series needed
Lets go racing

Orlando, FL

#18 Apr 17, 2014
Ralph wrote:
If chase Elliot keeps wheeling that racecar like he did the other night the cup guys will have their hands full in the nationwide series. Chase Elliot and Kyle Larson are what this series needed
Except Kyle Larson is a full time cup driver not a NW series driver.
Ralph

New York, NY

#19 Apr 17, 2014
Lets go racing wrote:
<quoted text>Except Kyle Larson is a full time cup driver not a NW series driver.
True, but I foresee Larson getting seat time in nationwide just to get some additional experience. They should have left Austin dillon one more year in nationwide
Hilton Head

Orange City, FL

#20 Apr 17, 2014
I would like to wish everyone a blessed Easter holiday.
I will be in withdrawal until Richmond.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NASCAR Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CMS Removing seats Mon Uncle John Duckett 5
NASCAR driver Brian Vickers, November 2014 Mon genobandito 1
NASCAR failed Dec 15 Hummm 2
Where Does Kyle Busch Rank Among NASCAR's All-T... (Jul '13) Dec 14 Janice Abbott Miller 35
Congresswomen wants Kurt Busch out of his ride Dec 8 jdjracer 4
nascar take brad out Dec 2 Meager 28
Mindy (Oct '07) Dec 2 Vince 91,066